Latics sign up Man United striker

Guest oa_exile
Andy, why cant you be like RBL and give me a straight answer.

You do hurt my feelings sometimes... :disappointed:

Just passing the time John , would have get there ................. eventually :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having a quick look on some of the Manure boards... a few comments are:

''Dave was an excellent player for the U/16's and after watching him over the last two seasons would have walked into the U/18's ''

''I agree, could score for fun and plays as an attacking midfielder too! unlucky to be released''

sounds like there’s some potential there, lets hope he can get fit and progress this season!!

Just having a quick look on some of the Manure boards... a few comments are:

''Dave was an excellent player for the U/16's and after watching him over the last two seasons would have walked into the U/18's ''

''I agree, could score for fun and plays as an attacking midfielder too! unlucky to be released''

sounds like there’s some potential there, lets hope he can get fit and progress this season!!

Probably got nothing to do with fitness or ability to progress, I'd imagine he showed a bit of attitude as has been said, and at Manure, it doesnt matter how good you are there are another 20 waiting behind you, so if you aint got the commitment you are out...

.. To us though, that is a different matter - lets see p'kirk work his magic... sound like this kid has ability... if he has proved himself by xmas get him signed up on a long term deal, if he is a loose cannon, we aint lost anything...

... and like the sound of this attcking midfielder stuff too!

seems like we have nothing to lose by giving only 12 month contract!! but am still worried about this leftside/creative midfielder problem!! i think the left back could be solved with what we have ie stam and maybe lomax leaving reuban and greegs in at centre half - but we have got to get a wellens/kilkenny type for the creativity in the middle!!

seems like we have nothing to lose by giving only 12 month contract!! but am still worried about this leftside/creative midfielder problem!! i think the left back could be solved with what we have ie stam and maybe lomax leaving reuban and greegs in at centre half - but we have got to get a wellens/kilkenny type for the creativity in the middle!!

Isn't that Danny Whitaker's role at the club?

just found another interesting bit on the same manure forum as before:

a) ''Just woundering about Danny Philliskirk whos at Chelski, did he play for our youth setup and was released? or am i wrongly informed?''

b.) ''he was on trial with us (from oldham) for a while last season''

a) ''are we letting Chelski snap up a talent from Oldham?''

b.) ''I watched him (philliskirk) a few times and although he was tidy, remember we also had David Williams at the time and he was scoring for fun, I wouldn't say we have let him slip through the net, we just had better options i.e David Williams''

And how much did we get for philliskirk? it does seem like this Williams has bags of potential, lets hope our coaching staff can get the best out of him, and we will have another little gem on our hands!!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

just found another interesting bit on the same manure forum as before:

a) ''Just woundering about Danny Philliskirk whos at Chelski, did he play for our youth setup and was released? or am i wrongly informed?''

b.) ''he was on trial with us (from oldham) for a while last season''

a) ''are we letting Chelski snap up a talent from Oldham?''

b.) ''I watched him (philliskirk) a few times and although he was tidy, remember we also had David Williams at the time and he was scoring for fun, I wouldn't say we have let him slip through the net, we just had better options i.e David Williams''

And how much did we get for philliskirk? it does seem like this Williams has bags of potential, lets hope our coaching staff can get the best out of him, and we will have another little gem on our hands!!

If we got £200k + future magic beans for one lad and get one just as good for nowt, that will do me! Obviously something hasn't worked out for Williams in Salford but he's got a chance to grow up now.

Regarding all of the problem positions, don;t we just need Lee to play in all of them at once and we are sorted?

what creativity!!

playing through the eye of a needle!!

i've never seem him play that way - but maybe i could be wrong

:sleeping:

For F's sake... honestly, when will people understand that there are other creative midfielders out there other than Wellens or KK... shez signs Whitaker and Lee, both who are passing midfielders (and can play on the left) and peope, still ask the same pointless questions....

"Through the eye of a needle" ... it is sodding league 1 not the champions league!! Honestly...

I like the way our midfield options look now... think we have a bit of everything... and with O'Grady, Whittaker, Lee and Chrissy who can all play on the left... I dont really expect a strict LW to come in, and the 4-3-3 will be back with a vengeance next year...

bigfin, you've still got to be able to pick a pass whether it's oldham sunday league or champions league and we had no one doing it last season hence the :censored: football we played!! and all i said was i've never known whittaker pass us off park or be too prominent in games against us over past few seasons- and also like i said , maybe i could be wrong!!!!

bigfin, you've still got to be able to pick a pass whether it's oldham sunday league or champions league and we had no one doing it last season hence the :censored: football we played!! and all i said was i've never known whittaker pass us off park or be too prominent in games against us over past few seasons- and also like i said , maybe i could be wrong!!!!

You are wrong :sign0003:

...and all i said was i've never known whittaker pass us off park or be too prominent in games against us over past few seasons- and also like i said , maybe i could be wrong!!!!

Well, certainly wrong in one aspect. He knobbed us in the 0-3 game at Port Vale a couple of seasons back.

Well, certainly wrong in one aspect. He knobbed us in the 0-3 game at Port Vale a couple of seasons back.

Certainly did. The Whittaker signing reminds me so much of the Allott one, a player that always seemed to be the best oppo player whenever we played them.

Whitaker hammered us in the 3-0 win last season... Ive never seen a player run a game so much and end up on the losing side... he looked ever bit the player we were missing, exactly as you point out.

I think you also missed my point, its not that i dont appreciate we need to pass, its just that we have brought in the creativity, just people are still blinded by delusions of granduer of Wellens and KK (and also Spicer, who is another name people have latched onto) - we can succed without these players, and I'm sure shez is confident in his additions and the creativity they bring...

Just to say though, there are plenty of teams who have got out of this division without the fabled uber-creative central midfielder - Scunny and the lashers spring to mind in recent years... still firmly believe if you have fast wingers, a 30+ goal a season striker, and good CB's then those are all the tools you need to get out of this stupid league...

Except anybody with a left foot!!!

:blink:

Err, I know Whitaker is left footed, pretty sure O'Grady is, and we all know Lee played left back for Manure... indicating he can play with his left foot...

Mcdonald for me was the creative midfielder we had been crying out for, played it simply yet inteligently, apart from when he went missing.

:blink:

Macca, are you serious? I love the guy, and he is a great box to box midfielder (on his day of course) but I think even if you asked him he would say his biggest weakness in his game is creativity and passing.