7 strikers

ok, we have seven strikers, but in all seriousness, how many do you concider we have that are good enough for shez not to look at the loan system?

hughes - obvious quality, first choice

davies - best of the rest

allesandra - good enough for the first team, will be competing with ogrady to get off the subs bench, and certainly good enough to start should there be injuries

ogrady - signed to add depth to the squad, would be very surprised should he not play a very large part in our season

smalley - personally see him as more of a wide player, will be a bit part player up front if anything

wolfy - why is he still at the club?

williams - will be lucky to make a handful of appearences. one for the future

in my eyes, 7 has become 4 there. wouldnt expect too much from smalley (will play his part on the wing imo), williams and wolfy.

whichever way you look at it, strength in depth is a very good thing

ok, we have seven strikers, but in all seriousness, how many do you concider we have that are good enough for shez not to look at the loan system?

hughes - obvious quality, first choice

davies - best of the rest

allesandra - good enough for the first team, will be competing with ogrady to get off the subs bench, and certainly good enough to start should there be injuries

ogrady - signed to add depth to the squad, would be very surprised should he not play a very large part in our season

smalley - personally see him as more of a wide player, will be a bit part player up front if anything

wolfy - why is he still at the club?

williams - will be lucky to make a handful of appearences. one for the future

in my eyes, 7 has become 4 there. wouldnt expect too much from smalley (will play his part on the wing imo), williams and wolfy.

whichever way you look at it, strength in depth is a very good thing

hughes is first choice..then followed by davies closely followed by ogrady.....that will be the clubs main strikers in my opinion....smalley is more of a winger,and allessandra more of a utility player i feel.

wolfy needs to go out on loan and the new kid......well he is highly rated and we have been after him for quite some time.....he is one for the future and would of been here last season but for his injury.....

Cant comment on o'grady

For the record, I think Hughes needs to be used a bit more sparingly. He has had two injuries in his short time here and I would use Davies and Allesandra more.

I'm not saying Hughes wont be used a lot, just that its him who would be subbed and on rotation more.

I doubt that Williams will be anywhere near the 1st team this season he has been signed as a reserve I think it will be similar to how we signed Trotman been released from another club we have picked him up let Tony P mould him and bingo! We have a saleable asset.

Wolfy will probably be sent to a division 3 club on loan for the season i think, i just cannot see the point in him sitting behind 6 other players waiting for his chance. He'll be sent to Rochdale.

To sit in Rochdale's reserves. What would be the point in that. Send him Stalyvegas with the rest of our players who simply arent good enough.

Hughes/Davies/O'Grady will be the three main strikers next season. You'll probably not see Smalley used as a striker and out on the right. Allesandra and the new United lad as back up if Injuries take their toll on any of those main three and Wolfy if it gets to dire situations. I wonder if his mates still think he's the "next big thing at Latics." :lol:<_<

Edited by Rocky_Latic

In this day and age it's becoming more an more of a rareity to have two out and out strikers in the same starting line-up, just look at the formations used in the Euro Championships. I think Hughes would be our main out and out striker, with two behind him playing a more forward role

Its a nice dilemma to be in. Always better to have an embarrassment of riches than scraping the barrel.

Initially it will almost certainly be Hughes and Davies starting, with O Grady and Alessandra knocking on the door the latter will be all the better for the number of games he played last season maybe even claiming a regular starting place come the new year. The rest will be handy substitutes for the second half

Edited by KiDdErZ

Or is there more to the Hughes transfer stories that hit the press last week than meets the eye?

Are we going to "balance the books" by selling a striker?

If we did....you can kiss the play offs good by in my opinion...

Hughes is key to our promotion push...

hughes and davies are both key to success!! from what i've read about williams and the fact we've signed somebody so young and whilst injured - somebody must really rate him!! he looks big and strong and much older than 17 and i can't see us not using him when fit - even people on the scum boards reckon he's been a bit unlucky to have been released from there!! o'grady i think will be used from the bench, lewis did nothing wrong last season as did smalley - so maybe still in plans somewhere - but reserve football will be no good - leaving wolfy! wolfy still not sure about - too small etc - but hey - he had a blinder at wolves in the cup! BUT do we need 7 strikers!!!

Plus when Cervero arrives we'll have 8.

All these forwards and no reserve team to play them in.

Shez rates the other seven more highly than Diego and why would he join a Club which has withdrawn from his beloved Reserves' league? B)

445225370_852fb1b31e.jpg

P.S. I wonder if the Lashers will let us have those breeze blocks for the Broadway side of BP - at a knock-down price of course!

Breeze blocks, it's just like watching breeze blocks!

- but reserve football will be no good - leaving wolfy! wolfy still not sure about - too small etc - but hey - he had a blinder at wolves in the cup!

:blink:

Not sure if my sarcasm sensors are misfiring - however I hope you are joking!

I dont think I have ever seen wolfy look more like someone who will never make it in proffessional football than in that game...

Guest sheridans_world
:blink:

Not sure if my sarcasm sensors are misfiring - however I hope you are joking!

I dont think I have ever seen wolfy look more like someone who will never make it in proffessional football than in that game...

Didnt he have a good game against..... Oh no that was Smalley...

I have wondered why wolfy is still on the books. Shez must see something in him. Especially now when we have six other strikers at the club, ok Williams aint going to be playing (one for the future and all that) but Aless and Smalley should both be playing first team football after the way they were last season. They've got their first (almost full for Aless) season under their belts and did very well.

I have to say, the additions that Shez is making to the squad are getting me really excited. We now have depth in the squad, something we havent had for a long long time.

Gary Kelly gets injured, on comes Miskelly. Now we have two first team keepers.

Adrain Littlejohn gets injured (closest we had to a first team striker) and on comes Ryan Sugden. Now we have 4 other strikers.

The same in midfield (Eardley can cover there which adds).

Only problem I see is defence but even then Paul Black could come in and cover if needed. I like Lomax and I think he did a brialliant job last season, if he had the same hype around him as Earldey (in the media, Wales etc) I wouldnt be suprised if he was touted for Prem football too!

Looking forward to the opening day!

Davies - Hughes - O' Grady

Taylor Whitaker Allott

Lee Gregan Ruben Earley

Flemming

Team ..... DONE !!!

gordon.jpg

That's bollocks Wardle. We all know how crap Flemming is on his soufflés, there's no way I'd play him in goal. Crossley's soufflés are far more consistent.

Shez rates the other seven more highly than Diego and why would he join a Club which has withdrawn from his beloved Reserves' league? B)

445225370_852fb1b31e.jpg

P.S. I wonder if the Lashers will let us have those breeze blocks for the Broadway side of BP - at a knock-down price of course!

Breeze blocks, it's just like watching breeze blocks!

This picture was taken at the mighty Fleetwood Towns ground, Highbury Stadium, the scene of Diego's great header with Shez in attendance, perhaps he was looking elsewhere with Diego running there back 4 ragged, not to offer him a contract. Shez out.