Dirty Leeds should moan!

I tell ya don't it make your blood boil how the bigger clubs get special caring treatment. Swindon recieved a mega punishment way back whilst Dirty Leeds even tried to get their 15 points over turned. Now Luton Town are smacked 30 points in League two next season. I think that's non league for them!!

I tell ya don't it make your blood boil how the bigger clubs get special caring treatment. Swindon recieved a mega punishment way back whilst Dirty Leeds even tried to get their 15 points over turned. Now Luton Town are smacked 30 points in League two next season. I think that's non league for them!!

It's harsh for sure but, I hate Luton, the town, the ground, the way they play dirty, everything about Luton so i'm not losing sleep! Am I evil? :blink:

I think that's non league for them!!

Bookies have them at 1-10 to go down already. I think that says everything. It'll be about Xmas before they even get into a positive points tally.

I've no sympathy for them anyway. :censored:ing set of animals when they played at BP, old regime or not.

Whilst agreeing that they were the dirtiest team at BP for many years their treatment by the FA is shocking. An organization that is supposed to be the games governing body that doesn't know its arse from its elbow, spent too much on the new Wembley, dithered over the footie centre at Burton, abdicated all responsibility to the Premier league, allowed Manure to go to Brazil rather than put a team of kids out in the FA cup in the hope of getting a world cup and generally screwing the game up.

Loads of sympathy for the fans and new owners of Luton who are being unreasonably punished when other teams have got away with it such as Leeds and Leicester.

Loads of sympathy for the fans and new owners of Luton who are being unreasonably punished when other teams have got away with it such as Leeds and Leicester.

Leeds didn't get away with it.

Leicester did, and that is why we have the rules in place to stop this happening in the same manner again.

Which bit is the unreasonable punishment?

The 10 points?

The 15 points?

The 5 points?

Leicester did, and that is why we have the rules in place to stop this happening in the same manner again.

The 10 points?

The 15 points?

The 5 points?

The problem is that this method of punishment was put in place because of what one team did. Most other clubs who go into administration cannot really afford to do anything spectacular so the points deduction only adds to their terminal misery. Yes it's fair for Leeds to get points deducted but is it fair for everyone else?

The reason for the punishments is to ensure the football clubs are run in a sustainable manner, but I would say that the FA are doing absolutley nothing to encourage sustainability in a positive manner. It's similar to the government, fighting climate change by taxing everything, which only means that the poorest are hit.

DOWN WITH THE FA

The 10 points?

The 15 points?

The 5 points?

30points is to harsh,they should of relegated them and promoted whoever was beaten in the conferance play-off(cambridge i think) or given whoever got relegated with wrexham their league status back(mansfield).think this is going to be happening more and more in the future to the smaller clubs.ktf.

The problem is that this method of punishment was put in place because of what one team did. Most other clubs who go into administration cannot really afford to do anything spectacular so the points deduction only adds to their terminal misery. Yes it's fair for Leeds to get points deducted but is it fair for everyone else?

The reason for the punishments is to ensure the football clubs are run in a sustainable manner, but I would say that the FA are doing absolutley nothing to encourage sustainability in a positive manner. It's similar to the government, fighting climate change by taxing everything, which only means that the poorest are hit.

DOWN WITH THE FA

But you can't have different rules for different clubs; each club knows the rules and has to follow them.

Remember the reason this rule came in was Leicester City going into liquidation, clearing all their debts, then signing a whole new team and winning promotion to The Premier League. That hardly seems fair either, you could have got clubs doing it every summer. The idea of the rule is to make football clubs be more sustainable, and I'm sorry but Luton Town obviously weren't, the same as us under Chris Moore.

The additional 20 points they imposed yesterday, they might as well just have relegated them to the conference with the proviso that if they won promotion this year then they wouldn't be re-admitted to the league.

The additional 20 points they imposed yesterday, they might as well just have relegated them to the conference with the proviso that if they won promotion this year then they wouldn't be re-admitted to the league.

No can do - the Conference don't admit teams in admin.

I have also heard that they are being made to sign a disclaimer saying that they won't appeal before being granted the return of their golden share.

Luton have continually flouted the rules regarding entering administration and then attempting to exit without the necessary CVA in place.

Everyone was rubbing their hands in glee this time last last year when L**ds were in the same situation, so why should it be any different for Luton?

They are guilty of the same violations, other than the fact that Bates was astute enough to see the obvious and take a ten point knuckle rapping in the relegation season rather than wait to start the next season having being further punished at the beginning of the 07/08 season.

15 points further for flouting rules regarding exiting administration - the same as L**ds, and five extra for being in admin for a third time.

Whilst I do feel sorry for the fans, I can't see what else the league can do to a club that seemingly lurches from one financial disaster to the next with alarming regularity.

KtF,

Derek.

omething Happened To One Of The Teams In The Blue Square Premier This Season It May Of been Halifax Town,

This Allowed Altringham To Get Promted Back To the Blue Square Premier.

So Why Carnt This Happen To Luton Town ?

Relegate Luton Town And Promote Mansfield Because They Had The Most Points Tall Out Of The Two Who Went Down.

A Couple Of Season's Ago Boston Went Sraight From League 2 To conference North.

I feel sorry for the fans, just as most people do. But the club has to be punished. 30pts does seem harsh, I really dont see how they can escape relegation, the team is barely capable of staying up as it is. Wouldnt a ban on them getting promoted be fairer? Say a three year promotion ban(You can be relegated, but not promoted). This way the club can still be competitive in the league. If they finish in the automatic/play off positions, then their place goes to the next team.

omething Happened To One Of The Teams In The Blue Square Premier This Season It May Of been Halifax Town,

This Allowed Altringham To Get Promoted Back To the Blue Square Premier.

So Why Cant This Happen To Luton Town ?

Relegate Luton Town And Promote Mansfield Because They Had The Most Points Tall Out Of The Two Who Went Down.

A Couple Of Season's Ago Boston Went Sraight From League 2 To conference North.

Because Luton don't want to go in the Conference South. Whilst the offences they are commiting are serious, the only one which was a relegation type offence was the very lenient ten point deduction* they already have in place.

And let's remember, there is a good chance that Bournemouth and/or Rotherham may not even start the season, or at best will have -15 points.

*Which for some reason they are appealing.

No can do - the Conference don't admit teams in admin.

I have also heard that they are being made to sign a disclaimer saying that they won't appeal before being granted the return of their golden share.

Luton have continually flouted the rules regarding entering administration and then attempting to exit without the necessary CVA in place.

Everyone was rubbing their hands in glee this time last last year when L**ds were in the same situation, so why should it be any different for Luton?

They are guilty of the same violations, other than the fact that Bates was astute enough to see the obvious and take a ten point knuckle rapping in the relegation season rather than wait to start the next season having being further punished at the beginning of the 07/08 season.

15 points further for flouting rules regarding exiting administration - the same as L**ds, and five extra for being in admin for a third time.

Whilst I do feel sorry for the fans, I can't see what else the league can do to a club that seemingly lurches from one financial disaster to the next with alarming regularity.

KtF,

Derek.

Couldn't agree more, Wilson. WHen I first heard about the 30 points I thought it was harsh too, but with the absence of a CVA, the 10 point admin deduction and this being their third offence, I can't see any other course of action for the league.

Because Luton don't want to go in the Conference South. Whilst the offences they are commiting are serious, the only one which was a relegation type offence was the very lenient ten point deduction* they already have in place.

And let's remember, there is a good chance that Bournemouth and/or Rotherham may not even start the season, or at best will have -15 points.

*Which for some reason they are appealing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rotherham losing more points before the season starts, I hear they are far from sorted financially.

I think if Luton have flouted the rules then it's fair enough. I still thing that the FA are doing nothing to protect the smaller clubs financially and are forcing them to take big risks.

Smaller clubs needs someone to shout for them. Clubs maybe making losses but they still employ thousands of people and a worth a lot to the local economies of towns.

I think if Luton have flouted the rules then it's fair enough. I still thing that the FA are doing nothing to protect the smaller clubs financially and are forcing them to take big risks.

Smaller clubs needs someone to shout for them. Clubs maybe making losses but they still employ thousands of people and a worth a lot to the local economies of towns.

You're right Jim, but until there are wholesale changes in the way that the money within football is distributed, nothing is gonna change.

You're right Jim, but until there are wholesale changes in the way that the money within football is distributed, nothing is gonna change.

No.

I'm not going to sit here and defend the Premiership, which to be honest in a capitalist society requires little defending. Money will be distributed as to who can get hold of it. But, goddamn, when will teams/owners learn? You cannot chase the dream. You have to be sensible about things like this. If it means Oldham Athletic becoming a part time team then so be it.

If there is no money coming in to enable you to compete with a certain level, then don't try and do so. As more teams chase the dream more and more will come unstuck and liquidated. Cut cloth, play sensible and we'll be better off than all those clubs and more importantly where we ourselves will be if we don't (this should surely be known as the Rochdale Syndrome).

I will say right now, we are not playing it sensibly and this club will go under within ten years unless we stop spending much more than we take in.

No.

I'm not going to sit here and defend the Premiership, which to be honest in a capitalist society requires little defending. Money will be distributed as to who can get hold of it. But, goddamn, when will teams/owners learn? You cannot chase the dream. You have to be sensible about things like this. If it means Oldham Athletic becoming a part time team then so be it.

If there is no money coming in to enable you to compete with a certain level, then don't try and do so. As more teams chase the dream more and more will come unstuck and liquidated. Cut cloth, play sensible and we'll be better off than all those clubs and more importantly where we ourselves will be if we don't (this should surely be known as the Rochdale Syndrome).

I will say right now, we are not playing it sensibly and this club will go under within ten years unless we stop spending much more than we take in.

Thats very true however despite football clubs at this level losing money like its going out of fashion, since the formation of The Premier League their has been no football league clubs go to the wall. Alot looked like they would and hit administration but none liquidated. Somehow football clubs at this level manage to survive somehow. How much longer for I don't know but they seem to keep doing it.

The case of Luton is interesting as they have been trying to secure a new ground for years and years to bring in the money which would help them survive financially on an even keel. Thats why we need this redevelopment to go through and hopefully this will secure our clubs long term stability.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I’m with OS here. We all said at the time of our own crisis that we’d be happy to have a club to support at whatever level, yet a few short years on how many people want us to “speculate to accumulate,” – ie, spend beyond our means in a gamble for success? If that’s what the fans want then they have to take the rough with the smooth when the gamble doesn’t come off, the club goes bust (screwing local businesses over amongst other things) and the League impose the punishments that were set out well in advance. It’s simple – a well run club should make fans happy, if your club is run badly it will make you sad.

The talk of Sky misses the point a little bit. Even if they spread a lot more cash amongst the lower divisions it wouldn’t make clubs like ours any more stable, the pressure to compete for the best players would still be there. The extra cash would work it’s way through into player wages and signing on fees rather than being put aside for a rainy day. That’s not to say that the top clubs shouldn’t do more to help the grass roots but handouts would achieve nothing for anyone but players and agents.

Soon there will be no routes into English football ... the elite will buy thier products from abroad ... the likes of Lampard,Gerrard, Rooney will be the start of the death of the British footballer if the lower league clubs atart going part time or god forbid go under........ the Greedy league are just that

As was said earlier, I have sympathy for the fans of Luton Town FC but absolutely no sympathy for the club itself. Their team last season were animals, simple as.

And RE the points deduction, it is broked down as follows.

10 points for paying agent back handers

15 points for doing the same as what leeds did, not exiting admin via a CVA, with an extra 5 points docked because its the 3rd time in 10 yrs they have been in this situation.

Dont forget Bournemouth came out of admin without a CVA in place hence it is also likely they will be docked 15.

Rotherham are waiting to hear whether their creditors have accepted a CVA, but one would assume if that was rejected and they came out of admin without a CVA in place, they will also be docked 15.