Starting Eleven

Is it just me who can't quite squeeze a really logical 4 4 2 out of what we've got? There's lots of way to do it but they all leave me with, "what ifs." Not so much as whether players are OK there but if it's the best use of them. What we need to know is:

Eardley (assuming still here, which I'm starting to hope he will be) - RB or CM? I've no doubt he is a better CM, but we've recruited for that position, have to assume that Ratters will start, will Eardley be used in defence again, or as one of three in the middle maybe? Surely we've signed too many CMs with very few defenders coming in for him to be one of two in CM? Is it the case that if we get a good LB in then Kelvin goes to RB with Eardley available to drop back as cover with Eardley at CM, or RWB?

Lee - where? Really, where? Sounds like he wants to attack wherever he is from. Overlapping left-back (although right footed)? Which might indicate Taylor on the left again. Or the goal threat/schemer from midfield (cf earlier about a midfield 3)?

Answer these two questions and I believe the rest fall into place.

Unfortunately, I've not got a :censored:ing clue. I only have questions.

i recon 4-3-3, with :

gk crossley/fleming

rb eardley

cb gregan

cb hazell

lb lomax

cm allott

cm lee

cm whittaker

st (l)davies

st ® taylor

st © Hughes

thats what fits best in my opinion, although i do agree a 4-4-2 is looking decidedly unbalenced

At this moment in time (before shez brings anyone else in)

Crossley

Eardley -- Gregan -- Hazell -- Lomax

Lee -- Allott -- Whitaker --Taylor

Hughes -- Davies

I think Crossley will start the season as number one, and we will see Fleming more towards the mid/end of the season (although he does look quite good from the vid on LW) shez says he wants a left sided player to balance the team, I think this will be a left back because, although we have lomax and black, ones right footed, and the other has no experience at all. Where as in the left midfield position we have taylor who's played there for a few years, whitaker and lee who could do a job, and even o'grady and davies if needed! The good thing is, theres so much depth already this year, theres so many different formations we could use and switch to if the games arne't going our way.

so if we do bring in a new left back (and CM if kalala goes) we'd have to pick 5/7 subs from:

fleming

bell

lomax

black

stam

thompson

kalala/and or new CM

o'grady

liddle

stephens

smalley

allesandra

williams(if fit and ready)

(any i'v missed out?)

edit - wolfended

Good Times! :comeon:

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Ah I'd almost forgot the weeks we could not raise a full subs bench.

Reckpn that is sorted now.

So my view is that Shez has learned a lot.

Soft Tissue Whisperer Check

Decent subs Check

Early start Check

Strikers Check

Youth Check

With lives passing midfielder and Left back, with some experience in that lot , we;ll be sorted. Shez could revert to old head full back, eg Simon Charlton,

It's only the beginning of July, and most signings are made later on. So a couple of later additions seems likely.

Ah I'd almost forgot the weeks we could not raise a full subs bench.

Reckpn that is sorted now.

So my view is that Shez has learned a lot.

Soft Tissue Whisperer Check

Decent subs Check

Early start Check

Strikers Check

Youth Check

With lives passing midfielder and Left back, with some experience in that lot , we;ll be sorted. Shez could revert to old head full back, eg Simon Charlton,

It's only the beginning of July, and most signings are made later on. So a couple of later additions seems likely.

If we could sign a left back who was as influential as Simon Charlton was, if only for half a season, I would happily close the books now and say we'd had a good summer.

I don't see Hazell as a right back. But can see him and Stam playing much of the season together at centre back as Gregan's fitness levels may be suspect. Good to have competition for places there.

As for full back, I think Lomax is good enough, although should probably be on the right, which, if a left sided defender is brought in, gives the option of pushing Eardley in to midfield. The idea of having a midfielder who can kick the round bally thing in to the big netty thing is quite appealing! Stuff the "creative midfielder" line, just somebody who can link with the strikers and smash the scraps in to the top corner of the net is good enough for me!

At this moment in time (before shez brings anyone else in)

Crossley

Eardley -- Gregan -- Hazell -- Lomax

Lee -- Allott -- Whitaker --Taylor

Hughes -- Davies

I think Crossley will start the season as number one, and we will see Fleming more towards the mid/end of the season (although he does look quite good from the vid on LW) shez says he wants a left sided player to balance the team, I think this will be a left back because, although we have lomax and black, ones right footed, and the other has no experience at all. Where as in the left midfield position we have taylor who's played there for a few years, whitaker and lee who could do a job, and even o'grady and davies if needed! The good thing is, theres so much depth already this year, theres so many different formations we could use and switch to if the games arne't going our way.

so if we do bring in a new left back (and CM if kalala goes) we'd have to pick 5/7 subs from:

fleming

bell

lomax

black

stam

thompson

kalala/and or new CM

o'grady

liddle

stephens

smalley

allesandra

(any i'v missed out?)

edit - wolfended

Have I missed a signing here?

Lomax in the starting line-up and some other Lomax as a potential benchwarmer!!!

Edited by mikejh45

Have I missed a signing here?

Lomax in the starting line-up and some other Lomax as a potential benchwarmer!!!

so if we do bring in a new left back .........we'd have to pick 5/7 subs from:

fleming

bell

lomax

black

stam

thompson

kalala/and or new CM

o'grady

liddle

stephens

smalley

allesandra

(any i'v missed out?)

edit - wolfended

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

CB Hazell

CB Gregan

LB Black/other

RW Taylor

CM Allott

CM Whitaker

LW O'Grady

ST Hughes

ST Davies

subs: fleming, stam, lee, smalley, alessandra

reserves: liddell. stephens, thompson, bell, lomax. wolfenden

however you look at we have some decent back up for once!!

Have to say, the more I think about it i say we just sod defence and go 4-2-4... happy days!

-------- Crossleming --------

Hazell Gregan Stammy Lee

-----Eards-----Ratters---- (both very defensive!)

Taylor---------------O'Grady

----Davies-----Hughesy----

Subs: Lomax, Whitaker, Thommo, Smalley, Ales, Crossleming

Ballboy: Wolfy

Retired: Lids

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

CB Hazell

CB Gregan

LB Black/other

RW Taylor

CM Allott

CM Whitaker

LW O'Grady

ST Hughes

ST Davies

subs: fleming, stam, lee, smalley, alessandra

reserves: liddell. stephens, thompson, bell, lomax. wolfenden

however you look at we have some decent back up for once!!

lee turned down a deal from qpr to come here, so very much doubt he will be warming the bench when fit

Edited by Lookers_Carl

----------------------- Fleming

Lomax --- Thompson --- Stam --- Black

Liddell --- Whittaker --- Kalala --- O'Grady

----------- Wolfenden --- Allesandra

The team of teams.

No room for Stephens ?

Edited by BP1960

With our squad, and no one really happy with the defence, more like 2-1-7!!

Please no to lomax! think its vital we get a left back in and agree with the above simon charlton comment.

GK.Flemming

LB.Lee/newbie

RB.Eardley

CB.Gregan ©

CB.Hazell

LW.Taylor

RW.Liddell/Smalley

CM.Allott

CM.Whitaker

ST.Davies

ST.Hughes

SUBS