Name your price offer for Smalley

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is quite funny. sheff utd of all teams. wonder what smalley makes of all this. think al give him a ring

probably laughing at it as there is probably bugger all truth in this,

why would sheffield united wait until he signs a 3 yr deal then come in with a name ur price offer, when they could have offered him a deal with the fee going to a tribunal, and being set at a fee a hell of alot lower than the figures being touted on here

Edited by Lookers_Carl

probably laughing at it as there is probably bugger all truth in this,

why would sheffield united wait until he signs a 3 yr deal then come in with a name ur price offer, when they could have offered him a deal with the fee going to a tribunal, and being set at a fee a hell of alot lower than the figures being touted on here

spoke to him. hes not heard anythin he finds it funny though.

In the same paper it also says QPR appointed Dowie on the basis of him leading Palace & Oldham to promotion :shock: Another well researched piece of journalism.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt given the papers track record of who we are supposed to be buying or selling

RE Sell on bonus. Nothing is guaranteed.

I don't think Bury were too happy with the Porter outcome.

Remember SU shafted us on the Beckett transfer fee , charged us something like £80k just to get him on loan.

500k and 20% sell on minimum

In the light of the Trotman deal, something very similar.

Exactly, that’s got to be the minimum benchmark now for any of our young talent being poached away! I really rate Smalley, as i do all our young prospects, however if the sale (AT THE RIGHT PRICE) of one of these youngsters a season means the club continues to survive and hopefully progress, then so be it. Disappointing yes, but you have to think of the future of the club.

However Sheff Utd have 7 strikers on the books already?

As said earlier, Philliskirk has to be given credit, and a good contract (whenever its up) or he will be the next one to be poached away!

Smalley is a player who could easily be replaced.

Doubtful he'd be commanding a fee as big as Trotman, but given how much he went for - then you'd be expecting at least half that with add on's. I'd be tempted to ask them to throw a few players our way on short loan deals with them paying the wages. Players who've either fallen out of favour or have been injured such as Armstrong and Danny Webber as part of any deal.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Exactly, that’s got to be the minimum benchmark now for any of our young talent being poached away! I really rate Smalley, as i do all our young prospects, however if the sale (AT THE RIGHT PRICE) of one of these youngsters a season means the club continues to survive and hopefully progress, then so be it. Disappointing yes, but you have to think of the future of the club.

However Sheff Utd have 7 strikers on the books already?

As said earlier, Philliskirk has to be given credit, and a good contract (whenever its up) or he will be the next one to be poached away!

I dont think we can quite class a potential smalley deal in the same region as the trotman deal, because trotman played a good 20 games from the start, putting in sensational performances in almost every one. Smalley on the other hand looks as though he could be a cracking player, but hes only really been seen from the bench in the majority of games, and has only scored around 1 or 2(?) first team goals. Somewhere in the region of 250k, with some future clauses (sell on fee, fee after a numbe rof appearances etc) would probably be an acceptable deal from our perspective, but would sheff united pay it?

smalley is nothing special. you can find a smalley at every club up and down leagues 1 and 2. i agree, he is good to have on the bench, and his work ethic is one of quite a high standard, but we wouldnt particularly miss him. his career will be at league one level. if he were to sign for sheffield, he wouldnt make it with them, and i will bet anyone we would see him back at league 1 level or lower before he is 24

if we can get money for him, i say sell, especially if it means keeping hold of Eardley

In the light of the Trotman deal, something very similar.

Agree. I would not sell personally, but if we are desparate for the cash then £500,000 + £100,000 after 10 games and a 25% sell on clause.

I would look for £350k+ with a few add ons, it could go either way for Deano, he's shown some promise but he's still yet to really convince me.

I'd not really disagree too much with that, possibly look for a little more upfront; £400-450k with add-on's thrown in would, in opinion, be too good to turn down.

Big season for Deano this either way, he has the potential; it's what he does with it this season that will be the deal breaker. 1 season of experience gained, more competition for places etc - it could, as Coco says, go either way.

I don't like to see our young talent sold off for peanuts - but if a fair market value offer from the Blades comes in for Deano, then i think the TTA will seriously consider it.

But, i hope he stays; this will be OUR SEASON; i'm convinced!!!! :)

Ask yourself this. If we have a relatively good season with injuries, how likely is he to play a decent number of games? He certainly isnt going to get in as a striker, with Hughes, Davies, Ogrady and Lewis all above him in the pecking order. I would also say Liddell and possably Taylor (depending if he is switched or not) is above him there. therefore, 200,000 for someone who will warm the bench every week is a very good bit of business imo. you have to be realistic when pricing players. £500,000 for Dean is not realistic imo

Ask yourself this. If we have a relatively good season with injuries, how likely is he to play a decent number of games? He certainly isnt going to get in as a striker, with Hughes, Davies, Ogrady and Lewis all above him in the pecking order. I would also say Liddell and possably Taylor (depending if he is switched or not) is above him there. therefore, 200,000 for someone who will warm the bench every week is a very good bit of business imo. you have to be realistic when pricing players. £500,000 for Dean is not realistic imo

It may not be realistic, but we have to get as much as possible. How many players move for realistic sums?

It may not be realistic, but we have to get as much as possible. How many players move for realistic sums?

The bigger the fee we get now for Smalley, the less chance we have of needing to sell one of our better players come christmas time to balance the books when we could be in a good position in the league and any outgoings then may unsettle a winning confident team.

in light of what trotman went for then to say just accept 200k for a bench warmer is a bit ridiculas phil........

he wasnt a bench warmer last season,and if used correctly i would certainly play him above liddell on the right...

its like someone saying oh phils doing a walk,bung him 20 quid he be happy with that.....get ma drift.lol