Ernie's funeral

I've just sorted the day off work so will be on duty. Who's coming down for it?

i wish i could... damn trams an all that....

my timing is naff too..as i'm off today!!

i'm sure that the club and it's fans, aswell as this board will be well represented and will do Ernie proud..

Edited by thetramdriver

Anyone think its a disgrace that the club are charging for travel to the funeral, and they have not mentioned it being donated to Ernies fund. Don't think the club should be looking to make money from this.

Anyone think its a disgrace that the club are charging for travel to the funeral, and they have not mentioned it being donated to Ernies fund. Don't think the club should be looking to make money from this.

i would think the money is just to cover the cost of the coach, i doubt they will be looking to make a profit from it

I would honestly be astounded if the club were looking to profiteer out of this. To be honest, I completely refuse to believe that would be the case!

No not at all and I'm sure there would be a few who would have a similar pop at the club if they said it was free and they would cover costs ....

"that money shouldn't be going to cover fans who have the money to pay, it should go to ernies fund."

Are you like five years old ?

You could always get the train down, im sure the train companies will be happy to carry you for free seeing as your going to a funeral....

And who says standards are slipping in our school :D

£22 to London............. don't think any money will be made from this!

5 going down in the car very early on Monday morning.

I'd serious consider parking up somewhere on the Northern outskirts and getting a train or Tube, by the time you have paid for the fuel for sitting in traffic for hours and the C-charge you will probably not spend any more and you'll save time. I'm no expert Norf of the river though so I'm not the best person to supply details.

My uncle heads down to London oftern and parks in Cockfosters

Park up around Cockfosters, Picadilly line to Kings X, Northern line Bank branch south to London Bridge, Northern line down to Jubilee line at London Bridge to Bermonsey. Two minutes walk form there. Just over an hour or so .... getting round London at that time could take you hours and very hard to predict ... at least with the tube you have some idea of the time it will take.

M1, M25, A111 straight to cockfosters / Barnet easy peasie and avoids the small busy roads

Church is next to Rotherhithe tunnel which you get from Limehouse if you are driving all the way.

Just a thought that the club could have made a small loss in order to enable more people to attend as surely the more people who attend the better ? Although granted that people who really want to go will do so whatever the expense.

Just a thought that the club could have made a small loss in order to enable more people to attend as surely the more people who attend the better ? Although granted that people who really want to go will do so whatever the expense.

It's a personal thing, I'm sure the real Oldham (and Dale) goodbye will be the Cup match. I can't imagine that I would be travelling down from Oldham for the funeral if I was up there, so respect to them that are, however they are travelling.

My uncle heads down to London oftern and parks in Cockfosters

Park up around Cockfosters, Picadilly line to Kings X, Northern line Bank branch south to London Bridge, Northern line down to Jubilee line at London Bridge to Bermonsey. Two minutes walk form there. Just over an hour or so .... getting round London at that time could take you hours and very hard to predict ... at least with the tube you have some idea of the time it will take.

M1, M25, A111 straight to cockfosters / Barnet easy peasie and avoids the small busy roads

Church is next to Rotherhithe tunnel which you get from Limehouse if you are driving all the way.

Mrs. Sideburns and I are following your advice Mark, and travelling by car to Cockfosters.