shez wants 2 more

The official site says shez wants a "left footer" and a "midfield king pin".

Hmm -not sure why we need another central midfielder and it also mentions Whittaker potentially playing on the left?

Personally I'd see if we could get Matt Spring from Luton if he wants another central midfielder. Shez says he isn't sure whether he wants a left back or left winger? To be honest I'd go for both and not bother with the midfielder (but I'm not the manager!)

Edited by pukka

The official site says shez wants a "left footer" and a "midfield king pin".

Hmm -not sure why we need another central midfielder and it also mentions Whittaker potentially playing on the left?

Personally I'd see if we could get Matt Spring from Luton if he wants another central midfielder. Shez says he isn't sure whether he wants a left back or left winger? To be honest I'd go for both and not bother with the midfielder (but I'm not the manager!)

Totally agree. In fact another central defender would be a better option than another central midfield player even if JP leaves. I know we need competition, but having the reserves out of a competitive league, will not keep players who are not catching the first team happy.

Totally agree. In fact another central defender would be a better option than another central midfield player even if JP leaves. I know we need competition, but having the reserves out of a competitive league, will not keep players who are not catching the first team happy.

I actually think we are light in central midfield.... Stephens is one for the future, and JP is scrapped... so we really only have Whitaker and Allott, especially if Lee is infact a left back... throw in eardley for cover... if whitaker is going to play on the left then we only have 1 senior central midfielder - Mr Allott... doesnt axactly look blessed with options now... does it?

At centre back we have Gregan, hazell, Stam, thommo, and potentially this young lad who is on trial... I fail to see why we need another centre back.

I personally think central midfield is our most exposed position, and Shez is bang on with this comment.

I actually think we are light in central midfield.... Stephens is one for the future, and JP is scrapped... so we really only have Whitaker and Allott, especially if Lee is infact a left back... throw in eardley for cover... if whitaker is going to play on the left then we only have 1 senior central midfielder - Mr Allott... doesnt axactly look blessed with options now... does it?

At centre back we have Gregan, hazell, Stam, thommo, and potentially this young lad who is on trial... I fail to see why we need another centre back.

I personally think central midfield is our most exposed position, and Shez is bang on with this comment.

I wasn't counting Thompson, because from what I've seen he's a liability.

I wasn't counting Thompson, because from what I've seen he's a liability.

Which is pretty narrow minded... I think we all have to accept that what we saw last season was a constantly injured and unfit player, who was low on confidence... he will get a fresh start this season from me, and I hope from many...

... he first will have toearn a place in the team, which will be his first challenge, especially seeing he is a couple of weeks behind the rest in pre-season...

Any suggestions as to who could be filling these positions?

Aye... Robbie Threlfall plays left back, can also play left wing and centre back. Was on loan at hereford last season, has played for england under 19's. Rafa Benitez says he can go out on loan again this season, and with having that roque lad on loan a cpl of seasons back, maybe something could be done.

taken from sky sports

REDS STARLET SET FOR LOAN MOVE

By Peter O'Rourke Last updated: 14th July 2008

Liverpool starlet Robbie Threlfall is set for a loan move away from Anfield as Rafa Benitez looks for him to gain valuable first team experience.

The 19-year-old full-back is highly regarded at Anfield having come through the youth ranks and recently signed a three-year deal at the club.

Threlfall had a spell with Hereford last season and Benitez is keen to send him out on loan again as he continues his policy of farming out his best young players to aid their development.

The Reds have made the talented left-back available for loan and the news has alerted a number of clubs north and south of the border.

A couple of League One sides and SPL clubs are believed to be tracking the defender as they look to secure his services.

Threlfall is looking forward to the chance of moving out on loan as he looks to get regular action under his belt.

Excited

"I believe going out on loan will prove a valuable experience in my bid to establish myself in the Liverpool first team in the future."

"I have been informed that Liverpool are willing to let me go out on loan and I am relishing the prospect of playing on a regular basis," Threlfall told skysports.com.

"I am aware of some interest in me and I am prepared to go anywhere to continue my development."

sounds very similar to the bertrand deal we had last season, a year at a lower league club, possible step up to league 1, then to championship/premiership, maybe we could be one of those interested clubs?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Threlfall is a good shout ... however I dont think we need another youngster...

for me, there is a load of unwanted players just up the M62... all of whom to be honest would walk into our squad, if not the team.... any of these 4 would do, however defo think Westlake would be a great shout in centre mid...

Dirty Leeds rejects!

... however, would love to know who the 6 players we had/have on trial over these two weeks are....

Which is pretty narrow minded... I think we all have to accept that what we saw last season was a constantly injured and unfit player, who was low on confidence... he will get a fresh start this season from me, and I hope from many...

... he first will have toearn a place in the team, which will be his first challenge, especially seeing he is a couple of weeks behind the rest in pre-season...

Seconded. He was superb at Luton and if he is working as hard on his fitness as SuperPhysio claims he is, then it could be like having a new signing next season.

Aye... Robbie Threlfall plays left back, can also play left wing and centre back. Was on loan at hereford last season, has played for england under 19's. Rafa Benitez says he can go out on loan again this season, and with having that roque lad on loan a cpl of seasons back, maybe something could be done.

taken from sky sports

REDS STARLET SET FOR LOAN MOVE

By Peter O'Rourke Last updated: 14th July 2008

Liverpool starlet Robbie Threlfall is set for a loan move away from Anfield as Rafa Benitez looks for him to gain valuable first team experience.

The 19-year-old full-back is highly regarded at Anfield having come through the youth ranks and recently signed a three-year deal at the club.

Threlfall had a spell with Hereford last season and Benitez is keen to send him out on loan again as he continues his policy of farming out his best young players to aid their development.

The Reds have made the talented left-back available for loan and the news has alerted a number of clubs north and south of the border.

A couple of League One sides and SPL clubs are believed to be tracking the defender as they look to secure his services.

Threlfall is looking forward to the chance of moving out on loan as he looks to get regular action under his belt.

Excited

"I believe going out on loan will prove a valuable experience in my bid to establish myself in the Liverpool first team in the future."

"I have been informed that Liverpool are willing to let me go out on loan and I am relishing the prospect of playing on a regular basis," Threlfall told skysports.com.

"I am aware of some interest in me and I am prepared to go anywhere to continue my development."

sounds very similar to the bertrand deal we had last season, a year at a lower league club, possible step up to league 1, then to championship/premiership, maybe we could be one of those interested clubs?

Thought the same when I saw it on sky. He is supposed to be a very good player. The only thing is you need to recruit them for the season and not just six months. All you end up with is a KK and Bertrand situation.

Thought the same when I saw it on sky. He is supposed to be a very good player. The only thing is you need to recruit them for the season and not just six months. All you end up with is a KK and Bertrand situation.

He impressed me at Hereford, looked full of confidence and would not be fazed in Div 1.

Colin Cameron has turned down Bastard Franchise Scum's offer of a 1 year contract. Could he be a target for Shez?

Vastly experienced at a higher level, central midfielder, available. Certainly fits the profile. Only contentious aspect could possibly be wages and his age (he's 35).

Wolves fans love him.

Absolute balls! But aint the first time we've disagreed on this...this crap about him being injured has become a very conveniently fitting excuse for a poor player we should never have signed (as I've said, last time I said that was about Branston).....

The lad had a full pre-season, looked fit as a fiddle (people claimed he played well against 10-man Southend who beat us!!!) but is sadly really s**t! There's no other way of painting it!

Hope to be proved wrong and will admit his Everton 13 mins was the very least I expect from him. Won't get a fresh start off me as he hasn't earned it...he's being gifted it by Shez and in the manager I'll trust. I'll watch and hope he turns it around.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Absolute balls! But aint the first time we've disagreed on this...this crap about him being injured has become a very conveniently fitting excuse for a poor player we should never have signed (as I've said, last time I said that was about Branston).....

:lol:

You really do have a memory like an elephant my friend..!! cant really remember ever publically backing him... however, I have been thinking that I cant really remember him doing anything particularly wrong... however I cant also remeber him doing anything particularly right... and I think I missed his worst games...

he was never really fit, and also the problem was I think he also got the brunt of being the scapegoat of a whole team that were a couple of weeks behind the pace at the start of the season... especially the defence.... also, I dont think he had a full preseason, didnt he get his first injury in a friendly - however I could be wrong...

We cant have that excuse again... however Thommo is typically injured... he is a mile away from a starting place, but perhaps that will bring the best out of him... its an reoccuring statement but his season cant be any worse... if he turns out to be a decent enough player to rely on for 20 odd games, and a 4th choice CB at this level doesnt have to be brilliant, then he has done his job for me...

He starts off toss, but with a chance and he can only get better!

Yeah believe he turned down a few league one clubs including Tranmere to join Hereford for 6 months. Performs well he will probably do a Bertrand and move to the Championship in January..

How about Jon Harley released by Burnley has been linked with Leeds but all gone quiet.