Brugge game off

With the Brugges game off tomorrow (official site), I am a bit concerned some players won't get enough match practise before the season starts.

The reserves have only one fixture at Barrow.

I notice there is blank date on Saturday July 26th which could perhaps be used for the senior players, maybe against a strong non league team away from home.

That date has been avoided so as not to affect attendance at the Masters.

I shouldn't think the attendance wouldn't be affected by a reserve away match.

Those senior players short of match practise could play in such a fixture.

Bugger. And I just learnt how people from Brugge pronounce Brugge so as to make it obvious that they are from there and not foreigners. I could have made such an impression :mad:

You aren't wrong Leeslover, there are 2 pronunciations of Brugge or Bruges.

The Dutch version and the French version, I think the Dutch version is the one used by the townsfolk as Dutch is their local language.

You can listen to them here ;

Brugge audio pronunciation

Edited by BP1960

Guest oa_exile

The Dutch version and the French version, I think the Dutch version is the one used by the townsfolk as Dutch is their local language.

Flemish :)

Apparently the Dutch speakers all emphasise their strong regional accents as well though, so it's pronounced differently in the town than in other Dutch areas. West Flanders is considered the modern cultured bit, sort of like Royton is to Shaw.

I shouldn't think the attendance wouldn't be affected by a reserve away match.

Those senior players short of match practise could play in such a fixture.

Not sure how much practice the reserves needs ... seeing as they aren't in a league and only playing in a few cup comps

More importantly - has anyone read the headline of the article on the Chron's website

Athletic hit by Brugge clow

Sounds painful!

And interested to see what a clow is - I'm guessing some sort of demon spawn of a clown and a cow?

More importantly - has anyone read the headline of the article on the Chron's website

Sounds painful!

And interested to see what a clow is - I'm guessing some sort of demon spawn of a clown and a cow?

Could this be a Freudian slip by the Chron on a possible signing, he looks good, sign him up.

Corbin Clow