Phil Woolas backs Latics for Euro Glory

Our local MP and the Government "Floods Minister" (do we still have a Minister for Drought ?) compares the prospect of Norfolk flooding with Latics winning the European Cup. On the basis that everything the Government says is generally way off the mark, we could all be off to the continent in twelve months, and if you live in Norfolk you'd better get yourself a canoe !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7493887.stm

Hmmm, conveniently there was no time frame mentioned on said European triumph. Therefore if I were living in one of those villages I'd feel confident that it wasn't going to flood for at least 4 years as that's the earliest we could achieve this enormous undertaking. But after that, who knows what could happen - especially once his Ginger Greatness, Sir Paul Scholes joins to conduct our midfield.

Hmmm, conveniently there was no time frame mentioned on said European triumph. Therefore if I were living in one of those villages I'd feel confident that it wasn't going to flood for at least 4 years as that's the earliest we could achieve this enormous undertaking. But after that, who knows what could happen - especially once his Ginger Greatness, Sir Paul Scholes joins to conduct our midfield.

isnt it possible to get into the european cup by winning the fa cup? meaning we could be crowned champs in as little as 2 years?

isnt it possible to get into the european cup by winning the fa cup? meaning we could be crowned champs in as little as 2 years?

No we have to be the fourth best team in the country for that to happen.

Phil while your here Your walk and that last leg from Hayfield to Oldham are you walking through Glossop.

No we have to be the fourth best team in the country for that to happen.

Phil while your here Your walk and that last leg from Hayfield to Oldham are you walking through Glossop.

havent planned the route road by road, just town to town. which ever way looks the quickest on the map i will be walking through. if that is through glossop then yes.

Our local MP and the Government "Floods Minister" (do we still have a Minister for Drought ?) compares the prospect of Norfolk flooding with Latics winning the European Cup. On the basis that everything the Government says is generally way off the mark, we could all be off to the continent in twelve months, and if you live in Norfolk you'd better get yourself a canoe !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7493887.stm

Right Honourable Gentleman is a complete knobhead. Remember his election pamphlets proclaiming himself as a Man United fan................knob

havent planned the route road by road, just town to town. which ever way looks the quickest on the map i will be walking through. if that is through glossop then yes.

Well that walk over the top from Hayfield to Glossop is a killer inetrms of hills because you are right in the peninnes so be warned Ive sponsored you a fiver Good luck with your walk and the fund raising.

Right Honourable Gentleman is a complete knobhead. Remember his election pamphlets proclaiming himself as a Man United fan................knob

He might be but he did stick up for us and came onto the pitch to give a speech and I am sure his weight helped with our planning permission battle, doesn't sound like a knobhead to me.

You however sound like another moron having a go at a local politician but without the brains to back up your statements, he has never (in my knowledge) claimed to be a latics fan, he did stand up for the club when we wanted planning permission when others wouldn't - top man.

Edited by ritchie82

He isn't right hon., for you information, and I'll not have a word said against the man. He said that allowing the villages to flood is about as likely as Oldham Athletic winning the European Cup. He didn't say they wouldn't flood of their own accord and he cast no aspertions on our chances of Euro glory. Lay off, sunshine.