Standing Section in Lookers area?

The new ground development pics are on the OS and is it just me or could the remaining concrete steps where the lookers lower used to be become a good old fashioned standing area? Let's think about it.. all we'd need are a few railings across the length of the pitch for safety/people to lean on, and some temporary toilets and dadaaa we have a good old fashioned standing area for the season! I'd certainly check it out.

Not allowed by League / Government rules. Looks like that all thats going for now and the TV platform as already been set up.

Talk about sh***ng on my birthday cake! How do teams such as Chesterfield, Plymouth, Col U, Doncaster (Belle Vue) get away with it then?

Talk about sh***ng on my birthday cake! How do teams such as Chesterfield, Plymouth, Col U, Doncaster (Belle Vue) get away with it then?

Unless the rule states something like you can't revert from seating to standing? I agree though, a standing area would be fantastic, but you do have the extra running costs of that stand (turnstile operators, kiosks, maintainence etc.)

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the steps will still be there. It looks less like a three-sided ground and just looks like an unused terrace now as opposed to ugly blank space like you get behind the goal at Bloomfield Road.

Different regulations for those who were playing in pub leagues when the rules we re published, had much longer to sort out thier grounds.... Cant imagine Chesterfield will get away with it for much longer...

As far as I know Plymouth is now all seating... and you may have noticed the shiny new stadiums at Colchester and Donny!

Unless the rule states something like you can't revert from seating to standing? I agree though, a standing area would be fantastic, but you do have the extra running costs of that stand (turnstile operators, kiosks, maintainence etc.)

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the steps will still be there. It looks less like a three-sided ground and just looks like an unused terrace now as opposed to ugly blank space like you get behind the goal at Bloomfield Road.

so is that the lookers demolishion done as it stands? i saw the pictures and presumed they just hadnt got round to removing the paddock yet...

They probably don't have rubble all over the stand that could be thrown at oppo fans or Latics players depending on how the match is going.

Unless the rule states something like you can't revert from seating to standing?

I'm pretty sure this is the case, which would help explain all the situations of otherwise.

I think whilst in Division 2 you are allowed a certain amount of time to update your non-seating areas. Although I am unsure of how long this is as Cardiff have been up a fair length of time now. I thought Plymouth were down to three (and a bit) sides of their ground because of this regulation (although they now have a new guy in charge with a bit of money and could complete the ground now). In Divisions 3 and 4 you aren't under any obligation to make your standing seating, I don't think.

Latics is classed as an all seater stadium, and to change the status you have to apply for it, which would probably cost thousands, as these things usually do for some reason. if the new stand is getting underway at christmas, as is perceived, there is not much point.

its the same reason the terraces either side of the paddock on the main stand side are never used.