God I hate B**** Talbot!

In a squad where Killen was the top earner (give or take at least), it's no wonder that JJ thought his attitude was acceptable. It really wasn't, he was an insult to everyone Now, whether Mini-Shez was better than John Eyre (or Ernie for that matter) would be another question. All of them battlers who didn't quite have the skill levels for a team looking to get out of the 3rd division, but all of whem you knew would put a shift in even if supposedly better team-mates :censored: out.

John Eyre went missing alot in my opinion, I would have kept Shez over him if we were after a battler. Never understood the cult status that John Eyre attained to be honest.

Yes, because at the time we had no better....Rodney Jack and John Eyre. JJ was frustrating, but the talent was there....releasing him mid season made no sense to me other than the fact he got injured a couple of times.

Balls. I will never understand anyone who defends that insult to a footballer. I would have a team full of John Eyres in comparison to that idiot. The talent was there but he was a disgrace to the team - we were going down and he decided he wasnt going to be bothered to play football, he was a passenger, and will continue to be a passenger for whomever he plays for for the rest of his career.

Still my most hated player to ever pull on an Oldham shirt. I can understand players being crap, that is not thier fault, and you blame the manager for picking/signing them, JJ was just a disgrace to himself.

Talbot's goodbye present was the godawful Branston. How on earth he carved up a career shouting, missing tackles, hoofing terrible passes, standing in no mans land on every set piece I don't know.

But it took Ronnie to get the most out of him, by signing the best passer of a ball to stand in the middle of the pitch and watch the ball being hoofed up to Andy Liddell as he waited for two centre halfs to clatter him.

But it took Ronnie to get the most out of him, by signing the best passer of a ball to stand in the middle of the pitch and watch the ball being hoofed up to Andy Liddell as he waited for two centre halfs to clatter him.

Yes I really wondered what Ronnies idea was in signing Wellens when you told your centre halfs to smash the ball over his head. Branston was god awful, him and Terryll Forbes are comfortably the worst passers of a ball I have ever seen put on a blue shirt.

Talbot or Moore? well Moore is still in a job at this level although how much longer Tranmere are going to cope with his dour football and mid table finnishes remain to be seen. Talbot just looked like a fish out of water.

Yes I really wondered what Ronnies idea was in signing Wellens when you told your centre halfs to smash the ball over his head.

And yet again it turns to Moore and also yet again people still refuse to listen/believe Wellens in March 2007 state catagorically at the Fans Forum that Moore never wanted such to happen. Adding that "the problem was, we just didn't have the players good enough and so they resorted to hoofing it"...two in mind have to be Branston and Butcher...yes, true, they were his mistakes but like even the England team does...when you're no good, you start hoofing (even Shez has found this at times.)

Back on topic though...

Martjs "Sheridan Suite" comment did tickle me.

Also, totally agree with the John Eyre sentiments that "he went missing alot in my opinion and I never understood the cult status that John Eyre attained to be honest."

Agree to though about JJ..."we were going down and he decided he wasnt going to be bothered to play football, he was a passenger"...

BT was a very, very bad nightmare. Sadly, I see some comparison between Arber, Branston and John Thompson but I just hope JT proves me wrong or Shez acts quickly if he continues to follow the footsteps of our 2 previously woeful CB's.

BT was a very, very bad nightmare. Sadly, I see some comparison between Arber, Branston and John Thompson but I just hope JT proves me wrong or Shez acts quickly if he continues to follow the footsteps of our 2 previously woeful CB's.

JT has, to date, defended badly. I am on the side of those who think he had a rough set of circumstances with injury and fitness and I would like to see the guy given another chance.

Guy Branston defended very well at times, as well as terribly at others, but he was consistent in destroying any chance of useful play through putting his cultured left fetlock through the ball every time he had it. He did it all the time, including when we were under no pressure, and in fact he generally demanded the ball for him to punt. He thought he was good, it was nothing about the players we had - cf my point about Wellens watching the ball fly long to Liddell - our two best footballers neutralised at the start of every move.

Back on topic, sort of, but if he was a bad BT signing, it was a far worse RM decision to play him every game when we actually had some decent players to work with.

And yet again it turns to Moore and also yet again people still refuse to listen/believe Wellens in March 2007 state catagorically at the Fans Forum that Moore never wanted such to happen. Adding that "the problem was, we just didn't have the players good enough and so they resorted to hoofing it"...two in mind have to be Branston and Butcher...yes, true, they were his mistakes but like even the England team does...when you're no good, you start hoofing (even Shez has found this at times.)

Doesn't Tranmere play hoofball now, didn't Rotherham play hoofball?

Back on topic though...

Martjs "Sheridan Suite" comment did tickle me.

Also, totally agree with the John Eyre sentiments that "he went missing alot in my opinion and I never understood the cult status that John Eyre attained to be honest."

Agree to though about JJ..."we were going down and he decided he wasnt going to be bothered to play football, he was a passenger"...

Ronnie is here we hoof it long Ronnie leaves and we build much better from the back. He kept picking and signing the players to do it he kept picking Branston ahead of Stam. Forbes and Rob Scott couldn't pass either and they were his signings. As has been said Rotherham played hoofball and so do Tranmere its not a coincidence. Anyway weve moved on from this so I will put it to bed now and say no more on the matter.

Edited by GlossopLatic