League One Fantasy Football - OWTB League now open

The Telegraph 'insider' has chosen this team.

C Ankergren (Leeds) - £1.6m Ankergren is at the back of a very mean Leeds defence. The ex-Brondby man and former Danish U-21 'keeper is a superb shot-stopper, and is also know to save the odd penalty. He kept 10 clean sheets in his first 18 appearances for Leeds, and that's the kind of form I appreciate.

P Huntington (Leeds) - £2m A young defender in a solid defence who likes to go forward for set pieces. I expect big points from this young man, who has Premiership experience with Newcastle under his belt. There really is nothing better than a defender who scores and mark my words, this guy will score.

P Ifil (Colchester) - £1.4m Former Spurs academy right-back who has also played in the Premiership. He likes to bomb forward and whip in crosses, so hopefully Ifil will grab me lots of Assist bonus points. Decent value for money and another hotshot who I'm expecting a lot from.

M Lockwood (Colchester) - £1.3m Lockwood's performances in League 1 for Leyton Orient two years ago are the stuff of legends.If he can recreate that form i could be well in. Colchester's new signing also takes penalties so I will be crossing my fingers that some of his colleagues take a tumble in the box to cash in on some of those lovely penalty bonuses.

H Aljofree (Swindon) - £1.4m Rock in the middle of a decent Swindon defence. Not a prolific scorer, but I think Maurice Malpas will create a tight defence this season, with Aljofree the inspiring captain. Has done well to recover from a potentially career-ending injury a few years back and is the better player for it.

J Howson (Leeds) - £2.3m This youngster is a real prospect, who came through the Leeds ranks and was a regular under Gary Mac in the second half of last season. Can get forward and score goals, so should be a must-have for all, because after all you need your midfielders in and amongst it the action, because that's where the points are.

M Bridge-Wilkinson (Carlisle) - £1.9m Mark is a tidy midfielder for Carlisle, and also gets forward through the middle to finish off some fluid movements. Left-footed like his equally adept namesakes, Wayne and Jonny, he is forever pinging in crosses from his left wing and has not let his small stature hold him back.

M Allott (Oldham) - £1.5m Usually deployed as a forward, Allott played a lot of games last season and scored a few decent goals. The bonus here is that Oldham could just easily put him up front, meaning you'll get more goals than normal. I expect a decent challenge from Oldham and Allott this term.

M Oakley (Leicester) - £2m If this guys starts the season for Leicester he could be an absolute bargain. A top quality player, who could easily play in the Championship or even higher, indeed this top-flight experience will hold him in good stead when it comes to scoring. Free-Kicks and Penalties could spell huge points for Oakley..

M Fryatt (Leicester) - £2.7m Matty Fryatt is a good goalscorer, and should be too good for many of the defences in this division. Hopefully he will cope well with relegation, and realise the best way back to the Championship is to score plenty of goals, which the drop down a division should provide. An expensive one, I know, but I have faith he'll produce the goods.

L Barnard (Southend) - £1.9m There were 9 goals in 11 starts for Barnard after he moved to Southend in January last season. He is a good, young, hungry forward who likes to get forward at any given opportunity. If he performs he will be a steal at £1.9m and his brief but valuable Premiership experience with Spurs should help him out this year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M Allott (Oldham) - £1.5m Usually deployed as a forward, Allott played a lot of games last season and scored a few decent goals. The bonus here is that Oldham could just easily put him up front, meaning you'll get more goals than normal. I expect a decent challenge from Oldham and Allott this term.

When did he write this!?

Early days, but this is the most popular team so far on percentage of votes, my team (Scouts honour) is in and I have selected only 2 of those. :disappointed:

GK

SP Brown Cheltenham £1.0m

DEFENDERS

Chambers Leicester £1.7m

S Purches Leyton Orient £1.4m

J Crowe Northampton £1.8m

S Gregan Oldham £1.5m

MIDFIELDERS

M Allott Oldham £1.5m

R Kishishev Leicester £1.5m

B Smith Hereford £1.6m

G Boyd Peterborough £2.5m

STRIKERS

S Cox Swindon £2.7m

S Rigg Bristol Rovers £1.7m

Edited by BP1960

just joined, MouldyOld Doughnut at your service, prepairing to walk the league (ish!)

Confession time: i've no leeds or tranmoore players - 3 oldham & 2 sarf-enders!!!!!

Hopefully Im in Im Undedogs United. Lee Hughes is a gamble but im sure hell feature in most latics teams. Matty fryatt is the biggest bargain, why are Leicester players so cheap Heres mine

Goalkeeper S Mildenhall Southend 1.40

Defender N Eardley Oldham 1.80

Defender F Richardson Leeds 1.70

Defender H Aljofree Swindon 1.40

Defender M Lockwood Colchester 1.30

Midfielder C Taylor Oldham 1.70

Midfielder C Disley Bristol Rovers 1.60

Midfielder A Kay Tranmere 1.50

Striker M Fryatt Leicester 2.70

Striker L Hughes Oldham 2.30

Striker N Maynard Crewe 2.30

I'm in there now - Marshall's Mullet. Under my dad's name though seeing as my overseasness means I don't qualify. Sshh, don't tell the telegraph.

Can't see my dad getting a surprise cheque through the post though. Being out of the country for a while doesn't help, I haven't got a diddly clue who most of the players are! I was banking on Sean Devine being in there for a few guaranteed lower league goals.

My usual I told em Oldham, I did for for a few I thought would do well for me, but a spiine of Latics, it's our year.

We had 2 years on injuries last year, and Soft Tissue Whisperer on board means full squad to chose from for most of the season!

I'm in, Pathetic Athletic will live up to their name!!!

Two L***s players, 6 Oldham players and 1 ex-Latic.

Keeper

C Ankergren

L***s

Defender

N Eardley

Oldham

G Owen

Stockport

A Gerrard

Walsall

R Hazell

Oldham