Flavahan?

yes he was one of the 2 who have played against us recently, The other was Collis and i thought they were both very handy but they have both left, Collis to Crewe and Flahavan to a championship team I think, Palace? They now have Mildenhall

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to say again though... he isnt really known for his shooting... think he scored 5 in that season with the QPR game in which he got a hit-trick... like any "creative" midfielder he doesnt really get into the box, so when he does score they are usually from distance....

Like Wellens, before Donny moved him behind the front two, he probably should score more but it aint really his job...

That's why he needs the Neil Eardley masterclass...

Guest oa_exile
Its alright Exile... we all read the chron, and no need to reitterate how reliable it is...

This was from someone a bit more reliable than the rarely wrong :)

As i said the offer is on the table , just awaiting a response if he will move up north or not ^_^

Guest oa_exile
That's why he needs the Neil Eardley masterclass...

Eardley looked very comfortable in Midfield last night , looked a good midfield with Eardley, Allott and Whitaker.

The idea of Eardley in Midfield is starting to really grow on me or is it that LL is brainwashing me :blink:

Bloody hell, here comes Lees with his Eardley bandwagon.... honestly, you are getting as bad as me and Hughesy!

Your mate Hughsey was watching the match last night , told him that his stalker Big Fin was asking after him :grin:

Eardley looked very comfortable in Midfield last night , looked a good midfield with Eardley, Allott and Whitaker.

The idea of Eardley in Midfield is starting to really grow on me or is it that LL is brainwashing me :blink:

Your mate Hughsey was watching the match last night , told him that his stalker Big Fin was asking after him :grin:

Shh... he hasnt noticed the camera's yet....

:ph34r:

Eardley as lees constantly tells us as we all can see is becoming a very strong midfielder... the bash bros - aka Allott and Eardley could be a formidible partnership... especially away from home...

Just spoke to my guvnor’s guvnor’s guvnor’s guvnor about Maher. He said his biggest problem was missing games through suspensions, he flies in a fair bit and has a temper on him. He reckoned that he actually looked a better player in the second division than the third, which must be a sign of class.

Guest oa_exile
Just spoke to my guvnor’s guvnor’s guvnor’s guvnor about Maher. He said his biggest problem was missing games through suspensions, he flies in a fair bit and has a temper on him. He reckoned that he actually looked a better player in the second division than the third, which must be a sign of class.

Sounds like the direct replacement we have been missing for Wellens then :grin:

The latest web based twoddle on the subject...

Latics Interested in Maher

Stimson..

"If we had stayed in League One I think he would have signed by now, but I'm trying to twist his arm and nail him down to a contract."

Sounds as if the guy wants to play in League 1... however i'd imagine as has been discussed the location is the only thing stopping him, worries me that he is training and playing for em... sure its pretty much in the balance, but thier contract has been there for a while and he hasnt signed...

who knows...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Guest sheridans_world
And Delroy Facey is making good progress in challenging Steve Claridge's record of trying to play for every league club as he's about to join Grimsby I think.

Our very good friend Mr Redfearn hasnt done too badly on those stakes. >>This is a good read<<

As for Maher, he can only improve our squad, if we get past the geographical issues it sounds like there is no reason he wont sign for us. Even if he does spend too much time on the sidelines, that wouldnt really matter too much because of who we have at the club. Put simply for a minimum (injury permitting) 40 odd games of the season, Shez will have competition for every midfield place.

After having a quick glance on a couple of their boards, the Gillingham fans are mostly against the signing of Maher, a few comments are:

Gills Fans Views

''He hasn't shone in a Gills shirt''

''Last season i found Maher to be slow, with a tendency to give the ball away far too often''

''Maybe in League 2 he'll flourish but I have to say there was only one game I saw, possibly Swansea, where I thought he had a decent game''

''A very mediocre player with no pace. Did not impress me in the least.''

''I wasn't impressed by Maher. Got himself sent off. Hardly lit up the games he played and like others I would rather we had signed Cullip.''

Read into that what you will, a player could be cack in one team and a move can do them good. Gillingham were in a relegation scrap last year and he might shine in a team pushing for promotion. anyway, i thought he cant be as bad as they are making out, so i decided to look on Southend’s forums

Southends fans views

''IMO tilly needs a different type of midfielder seeing as we lost our most creative players in Maher and Gower''

''We don't appear to have a holding midfield player, Maher would have been an excellent choice if we'd offered him a contract''

''(talking about the diamond formation) the defensive midfielder is normally the 'destroyer' and the guy further forward the creator...This formation would be best employed with Maher! Come back Kev, He could have done both!''

''I would be very surprised if he drops down to league 2. He's still a class act in my eyes''

So they seem to think he could still do a job at this level, they think they will miss his experience and leadership/presence most. A couple of points i did pick up were they don’t think he will sign for a northern club, they said he wont travel and up-root his family, and also he was the top earner at southend (which will be what, 6-7k pw?) so he will have to be offered a fair whack to come up here anyway!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

No Maher in the Gillingham squad last night he was due to play part of the game after featuring for them Wednesday. Could he have let them know he is on his way to Oldham??

Hmmm... interesting...

Everyone keep your eyes on Donny's website for news of the signing! :wink:

Our very good friend Mr Redfearn hasnt done too badly on those stakes. >>This is a good read<<

A lot of folk are convinced Redders' time here was cut short because Big Joe had a huff with him and shipped him out. But for a player who in his career has played for 20+ league clubs, surely that tells us more than a few rumours about Joe having the hump with him, right?

The bit about has anyone managed more teams in one city than Dowie – well looking at the conurbation formerly known as Greater Manchester, there should be a few contenders for that. Warnock managed Oldham and Bury, I wonder if there have been many managers who have managed two teams who are as closely located as those two clubs.

The bit about has anyone managed more teams in one city than Dowie – well looking at the conurbation formerly known as Greater Manchester, there should be a few contenders for that. Warnock managed Oldham and Bury, I wonder if there have been many managers who have managed two teams who are as closely located as those two clubs.

George Graham

Ternent would be close with Burnley and Bury.

Can I have Bury in Lancs :-)

Edited by RoytonBlueLad