• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of folk are convinced Redders' time here was cut short because Big Joe had a huff with him and shipped him out. But for a player who in his career has played for 20+ league clubs, surely that tells us more than a few rumours about Joe having the hump with him, right?

You know it's always amazed me how it has never come out the why Redders was sold. Was it Redders ttitude/demands or Big Joe's problem?

You know it's always amazed me how it has never come out the why Redders was sold. Was it Redders ttitude/demands or Big Joe's problem?

joe wanted redders to play right wing instead of adams when milligan returned, redders refused as he wanted to play in the centre, which he had done successfully the season before.

they fell out and he was shipped out on the cheap.

that came from a former director and one of joes best mate

joe didnt like adams because he didnt listen to instructions, basically he kept coming inside when joe wanted chalk on his boots at all times

Redders says in his book it was the prospect of being forced to play wide.

Joe said at the Q&A he did a while back that he had no hard feelings and it was just one of those football things that happens. He put it to him, he didn't like it, Joe and Redders decided he should leave and that's exactly what happened.

I read his autobiography last year and whilst it was quite interesting and whilst I have an awful lot of time for Redders and what he did for us and what he achieved in football, every story about him moving on seemed to be someone else's fault and it got a bit boring after a while.

A lot of folk are convinced Redders' time here was cut short because Big Joe had a huff with him and shipped him out. But for a player who in his career has played for 20+ league clubs, surely that tells us more than a few rumours about Joe having the hump with him, right?

If memory serves me right, Joedidn't take him on tour once because 'his wife' (ie redders) 'didn't trust him.'