Rhyl v Latics live score

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bugger about this time of year is that there are four ways you recognise a player: how they look from the stand, how the look on photos, how they look up close in person and how they look on TV/LW. Throw in random trialists and 5 new signings and I am lost.

How come no Liddell? I would have thought he would want miles under the belt more than anyone.

None of the trialists used in the first half were anywhere near as good as what we've got. The Argentinian flattered to deceive early on, during the spell when we hit the woodwork four times - think the goals are smaller in Wales. From a tattoo on his arm, one of our players is either a Dale fan or he was Stephens.

Apart from Fleming, Hazell, Stam and Whittaker, the team in the second half was all home grown talent and looked full of promise. Fleming came out to the edge of the area for one high ball but never got anywhere near it - very alarming.

Eyresy was in the Directors' box with the Latics' crew, including Simon Corney. Iit's not all bad news for Ian Hill these days as I was told he won the rafflle. Hughes warmed up before the game and watched it with the fans.

Graeme Sharp found the one area to stand where there were no Latics fans - his son played in the second half and was the spitting image of him, in terms of the way he moved. He also shot like his dad when he couldn't be arsed.