Rock Radio

Erm, maybe its to do with peoples taste in music.

In all honesty i will listen to absolutely anything from Pachabell's "canon" to James and through to Marilyn Manson.

The main reason i listen to it is just because im good mates with Sweeney and i think they play a lot better music than Key103 and Revolution.

Anyway, he gave a really good long mention to Phil and Kidderz for their walk from Millwall, i gave him all the details last night at footy and he did the full lot including giving out the website address to sponsor them.

Erm, maybe its to do with peoples taste in music.

In all honesty i will listen to absolutely anything from Pachabell's "canon" to James and through to Marilyn Manson.

The main reason i listen to it is just because im good mates with Sweeney and i think they play a lot better music than Key103 and Revolution.

Anyway, he gave a really good long mention to Phil and Kidderz for their walk from Millwall, i gave him all the details last night at footy and he did the full lot including giving out the website address to sponsor them.

As OWTB member 261 you should be listening to Key 103 the successor of Piccadilly 261... (No idea, how I remembered that.)

http://www.northwestradio.info/memories/piccadilly.htm

Anyhow, remember a couple of years ago, June 2006, you and Chickers were trying to get hold of Mr.AB100 on a Saturday night after we went to an Alarm gig in Manchester? Sweeney's band was the support that night. They were pretty good.

Not me mate - I cant understand why anyone would not listen to the Rev!

I can't understand why anyone WOULD listen to The Rev.

Sports coverage is heavily biased towards Manchester Redsox, Dj's are nearly all Mancs (I give them credit for bringing Clint in however) and music is repetitive.

Rev's token effort to promote their hometown team was to send Camp Chris to try to get us all clapping along to his party games at half time. Opposing fans were wetting themselves at our embarrassment!

Rock Radio it is for me - real music by real musicians.

Zep, Stones, Who etc which will still be popular in another 40 years, plus Killers, Cribs, View etc which are potential classic bands.

They have one Manc DJ - Oldham resident, Mike Sweeney who talks a lot of sense (When he doesn't mention Utd), and supports activities such as the walk from Millwall.

Still, we all have our different tastes I suppose.

I do listen to Key 103 every now and again but only in the morning when Mike, Chelsea and Hugh are on. Ive met them a couple of times and been in the studio live, there a top bunch of people.

As for Sweens, Beardy will tell you, he is one of the nicest blokes you could meet. He comes across as a hardnut and a jack the lad on the radio, he is just an honest family guy (with a VERY attractive wife) who loves people listening to him. And to add to the bonus he gets paid a small fortune for what he does as well. He tried to convince me to go and see the Salford jets last weekend but i already had something on. I beleive they are very good though.

As for the united thing.....He is a big Reds fan and even works for MUTV, but he has a love for Oldham and always has done since the days Joe Royle used to let him train with the team to keep fit. He has been known to come to the odd game when he can as he only lives in Uppermill.

One thing i have learnt about him though.....Dont go for a 50/50 ball against him and try to use force to get the ball. That guy is built of steel im sure of it, its like hitting a concrete wall head on :blush:

Can I kindly point out a major contradiction here...

music is repetitive.

Followed by...

Zep, Stones, Who etc which will still be popular in another 40 years, plus Killers, Cribs, View etc which are potential classic bands.

Erm.. and repetitive.

I don't mind the Rev so much really. I've not heard a commercial non-digital station yet that has played Broken Social Scene, Sufjan Stevens and Herman Dune smack bang in the middle of the day. At least it shows the radio DJ's get a little bit of freedom rather than a "you must play this" rigid playlist. As far as the Manchester bias, couldn't care less in all that, me. I've heard plenty of Latucs stuff on there like the Free season tickets etc, and have done stuff at big games down at BP so I don't think they're not bothered about Latics anyway.

And the bands you mention, well I've often heard them being played on Revolution fairly regularly anyway. I've never listened to Rock Radio myself, but then it all sounds a little Tommy Saxondale to me. Music for old roadies, no?

I only listen to Revolution occasionally anyway, usually play Lastfm at work which has absolutely no chit-chat by DJ's and just bespoke music to your tastes.

I listen to "The Pulse" with all these yorkshiremen chatting about sheep and the like!

Ive got to admit i do like Pulse radio.

Ive never heard it, im just basing my love for them on those girls that were at the Sheffield United ground when i did an appearance there last summer. Wowee woowie. I could get locked up just for the thoughts i was having. :shock: