I've posted something very similar before but... Now BP is a 3 sided ground, more and more fans will be packed together. Now I was thinking about making 'a site to see'. (THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT!) It would be brilliant if Latics could do ... I really don't know what you call it but something like Eintracht Frankfurt (shown below!)

121d1186924371-eintracht-frankfurt-hertha-bsc-1-0-100_5941.jpg

Or more specific

rd783531.jpg

What do you think?

I've posted something very similar before but... Now BP is a 3 sided ground, more and more fans will be packed together. Now I was thinking about making 'a site to see'. (THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT!) It would be brilliant if Latics could do ... I really don't know what you call it but something like Eintracht Frankfurt (shown below!)

Or more specific

What do you think?

"It's a great idea but who's gonna pay for all that coloured cardboard... Football's dear enough as it is these days without having to shell out for coloured cardboard blah, blah, blah etc. etc." ... :wink:

121d1186924371-eintracht-frankfurt-hertha-bsc-1-0-100_5941.jpg

Or more specific

rd783531.jpg

What do you think?

I like your thinking, but as stated above, it could only be done with a capacity crowd

"It's a great idea but who's gonna pay for all that coloured cardboard... Football's dear enough as it is these days without having to shell out for coloured cardboard blah, blah, blah etc. etc." ... :wink:

It's why I haven't doenit yet. Got all the plans / suppliers ready but alas it costs a little. Hopefully the plans I have for Dale will go a little way in getting more people to do a few things. The easiest way is individuals to make two- stick flags to hold up when the team comes out ..... working on several user guides for the stuck I've made / currently making. It's quite easy .... just an issue that we don't have space for banners at BP or most away grounds.

It's why I haven't doenit yet. Got all the plans / suppliers ready but alas it costs a little. Hopefully the plans I have for Dale will go a little way in getting more people to do a few things. The easiest way is individuals to make two- stick flags to hold up when the team comes out ..... working on several user guides for the stuck I've made / currently making. It's quite easy .... just an issue that we don't have space for banners at BP or most away grounds.

Just the person! :grin:

If you look at the Frankfurt picture, it shows about 2-3 people holding up one piece of card (card?). It would boost attendances I think myself, also we'd earn a good reputation.

But like Mark said, getting ALL those people card (card?) would be a tough job.

Just the person! :grin:

If you look at the Frankfurt picture, it shows about 2-3 people holding up one piece of card (card?). It would boost attendances I think myself, also we'd earn a good reputation.

But like Mark said, getting ALL those people card (card?) would be a tough job.

when they did it at England games it was more like plastic, I say do it for the Leeds game, it's not something thats done often in the Football League

when they did it at England games it was more like plastic, I say do it for the Leeds game, it's not something thats done often in the Football League

Exactly, to be honest I think its a stupid idea... spend lots of money to get people whinge about doing it at a random league 1 game... it aint the champions league...

Tell you what, if we romp the league and start battering teams, and suddenly we have a full stand of people who want to celebrate something, and the club might want to sponsor it, then talk about it....

I just cant see it in a million years....

It would boost attendances I think myself, also we'd earn a good reputation.

No it wouldnt!! No one would care less... decent football and winning games boosts attendances.... putting a card on everyones seat just causes litter.

Sorry to say it - but you all know its true!

Even if the idea did come off and was tested. Given the amount of 5 to 3 types strolling down from the pubs and the bar that'll be in the R.R.E - could you really see people leaving their pints and getting to their seat earlier, just to wave a bit of coloured card.

Answers on a peice of coloured card.

It would boost attendances I think myself

You really think people who dont want to pay £20 to watch Latics, are suddenly going to start turning up in droves once they realise they can hold a peice of card up before a game??

I'd like to think you were on a wind up with that remark, but i've the feeling you were serious. We're not Frankfurt and never will be.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

You really think people who dont want to pay £20 to watch Latics, are suddenly going to start turning up in droves once they realise they can hold a peice of card up before a game??

I'd like to think you were on a wind up with that remark, but i've the feeling you were serious. We're not Frankfurt and never will be.

Thats how Frankfurt got a boost in attendance.

You're very optimistic.

You're very optimistic.

It's a good thing for us fans to float ideas, it's just that there's often reasons why they haven't been done already by the people in the know. Keep em coming. Re: this one - it;s just not very English to do this sort of thing in an organised planned way, we succeed as a nation through the unintended outcome of our individual efforts.

You're very optimistic.

Don't let 'em grind yer down mate! I share Marks' vision, it won't be easy though.

My way of looking at it is that there's little in football to get punters through the turnstiles; and I'm sure you'll agree - it'll take more than this. But I like the idea that it's giving part of the experience back to the fans, and maybe that's worth paying for.

In my humble opinion like...

It's a good thing for us fans to float ideas, it's just that there's often reasons why they haven't been done already by the people in the know. Keep em coming. Re: this one - it;s just not very English to do this sort of thing in an organised planned way, we succeed as a nation through the unintended outcome of our individual efforts.

There's three words that show this might go wrong. They're English, Organised and Planned. :wink:

My cousin is in the Frankfurt Youth Squad. He's never made an appearance and I think he's due for leaving but he's been on the field at half time (like them random blokes that come on and simply kick a ball to each other - who are they!?) and he said it's 'a sight to see' (i.e. The topic title).

Edited by OAFCguy

You're very optimistic.

Optimistic in what sense?

You sure the rise in attendances wasnt because of Frankfurt winning promotion to Germany's top flight, after bouncing between the two german leagues since '97?

I'm sure if you questioned most Frankfurt fans as to why they started going/supporting Frankfurt again. Holding a peice of card would be quite a bit down the list. If on it at all.

Try doing what MarkOasis does and have some quality custom made flags done up. Bit of uniqueness and something you can have designed to be associated with Latics emblazoned on it, instead of trying to make us into a minature carbon copy of a foreign club.

Optimistic in what sense?

You sure the rise in attendances wasnt because of Frankfurt winning promotion to Germany's top flight, after bouncing between the two german leagues since '97?

I'm sure if you questioned most Frankfurt fans as to why they started going/supporting Frankfurt again. Holding a peice of card would be quite a bit down the list. If on it at all.

Try doing what MarkOasis does and have some quality custom made flags done up. Bit of uniqueness and something you can have designed to be associated with Latics emblazoned on it, instead of trying to make us into a minature carbon copy of a foreign club.

They last won promotion in 2005*

Also, like I mentioned about my cousin, away fans think this is an amazing thing. Most Alder's go for the atmosphere.

How is getting a flag/banner/(s) done copying?

Have a look at this site for some ideas....

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/in...c=1934&st=0

I've seen the Frankfurt Ultra's before. They have a banner with a guy looking like he's just robbed a bank on a cold morning (kneckercheif on) kind of thing.

Ultra's are a little to extreme no? (still good banners!)

Exactly, to be honest I think its a stupid idea... spend lots of money to get people whinge about doing it at a random league 1 game... it aint the champions league...

Tell you what, if we romp the league and start battering teams, and suddenly we have a full stand of people who want to celebrate something, and the club might want to sponsor it, then talk about it....

I just cant see it in a million years....

No it wouldnt!! No one would care less... decent football and winning games boosts attendances.... putting a card on everyones seat just causes litter.

Sorry to say it - but you all know its true!

mr negative.

Ask Mark.

P1010631.jpg

ULTRAS is probably not the way to go, I think mark used FANATICS instead with some of these flags.

EDIT: No, he nicked the idea for an OASIS flag.

Have a look at this site for some ideas....

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/in...c=1934&st=0

It was utilised for an OASIS flag whilst I work on the fanatics banner it will eventually be seen on :tongue1: Got the Ernie stuff to finish first.