Eintracht Frankfurt Fixtures

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've just done a works trip to germany...

although we didn't take in any football, cologne is a good base for you as it's close to Bayer-Leverkusen and only 1/2 hr or so from dusseldorf and the same south from bonn...

not sure where the teams are based, well apart from the obvious ones...but like i say, cologne is easy to get to from blighty and niced and cheap too....

dfbpokal_logo.gifav3uw8.gif

Eintracht fixtures for next season:

http://www.eintracht.de/english/fixtures___results/

If there's a few of us on here who follow the Eagles, or Bundesliga in general - might be interesting to post our views on our favourite teams over the next season....

I might be going to the game against Stuttgart on the weekend of the 7th of Novmber, it means missing the 1st round of the FA Cup. Flight are 70 quid there and back atm from Manchester

Ticket Infor (I'm afraid it's in German)

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Guest oa_exile
i've just done a works trip to germany...

although we didn't take in any football, cologne is a good base for you as it's close to Bayer-Leverkusen and only 1/2 hr or so from dusseldorf and the same south from bonn...

not sure where the teams are based, well apart from the obvious ones...but like i say, cologne is easy to get to from blighty and niced and cheap too....

:spam2:

:who: FC Köln are the arch enemy of Bayer Leverkusen <_<

:violent111:980.gif:violent111:

Guest oa_exile
I've heard that the town of Leverkusen is the same size of Glossop/Accrington

Not sure about the size of the area but it's densely populated with more than 150,000 bods

Not sure about the size of the area but it's densely populated with more than 150,000 bods

yeah and to really add some useless drivel to it...

the team name is the name of the company that made all the chemical weapons for the first world war...

or so someone told us when we were out there..... and as far as FC koln go... i didn't know they had a team!!!!!

Guest oa_exile
yeah and to really add some useless drivel to it...

the team name is the name of the company that made all the chemical weapons for the first world war...

or so someone told us when we were out there..... and as far as FC koln go... i didn't know they had a team!!!!!

Really ! :blink: tell me more :)

seen as you asked.....

it appears we were told slightly different, but alas it still has a dark history..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer

and the paragraph is about a 1/3 down the page...

..............Bayer became part of IG Farben, a conglomerate of German chemical industries which formed the financial core of the Nazi regime. IG Farben owned 42.5% of the company that manufactured Zyklon B[citation needed], a chemical used in the gas chambers of Auschwitz. During World War II the company extensively used slave labour in factories attached to German concentration camps, notably the sub-camps of the Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp.....................

I doubt there are many large German firms of a certain age that havent a 'dark history' in some shape or form.

I've been a Schalke 'fan' since the late 70's but must confess to going off them a bit - I went earlier this year and while their stadium is super duper it wasnt the 'real' Schalke - they're too rich/good and dont play in the big open bowl of yesteryear. Still, I hope they do all your feeble teams!

I'm going over there at some point this year - probably to Dortmund but maybe to Frankfurt (my department has bods in both and I'm going to install myself for a week in an attempt to help me learn German) and hopefully will catch a game. I see that little FSV Frankfurt are now in the 2nd division.

For anyone who doesnt have a burning desire to see any particular club but just wants to see a match I would recommend heading for the Ruhr. Stacks of clubs which is a help as it's hard to long range plan German footy trips - they hold off on announcing who is the Friday,Saturday&Sunday games, especially the later stage of the season. A good bet would be to stay in Dusseldorf which is a)a great night out and B) a hop skip and a jump to the south of the Ruhr (many of whose towns and cities arent exactly easy on the eye for us tourists).

Edited by help_shiny

and to those with a dish pointing in the right direction......Premiere TV's encryption is still *ahem* compromised* (they're switching to the same one as Sky later this year though so I believe) and they show every single Bundesliga,Bundesliga2 & DFB Pokal game (along with Prem League,Primera Liga,Formula 1,NASN etc etc)

* - not that I condone such practices etc etc

Edited by help_shiny

Setanta did the Friday night game live last season, not sure about this one but I dare say they will

Yes, should be on:

Live Football on Sky Sports 2008-2009:

92 Live Barclays Premier League Matches

Live Uefa Champions League including all group stages and final

Coca Cola Football League including the Championship, League One, League Two and Football League play-offs.

Live Carling Cup coverage

Live Spanish La Liga competition and Spanish Cup

Live Johnstone Paint Trophy coverage

Live Scottish Cup matches

Live Ireland Carnegie Premier League games

Live International football Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

Live South American 2010 World Cup Qualifiers

Live Football on Setanta Sports 2008-2009:

46 Live Barclays Premier League Matches

Live FA Cup including live coverage of the FA Cup Final

Live Community Shield from Wembley

52 Live matches from Blue Square Premier League

Setanta Shield

Live FA Vase & FA Trophy and Live FA Youth Cup coverage

60 Live Scottish Premier League matches

Live German Bundesliga and German Cup coverage

Live French Le Championnat and French Cup matches

Live Dutch Eredivisie Football matches

Irish Setanta Sports Cup

Live Portuguese Bwin Liga Football

Live Copa Libertadores coverage

Live Copa Sudamericana

Live Uefa Cup matches

Live Home Country Away matches including Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland

Exclusive Lve England Football Home Friendlies

Live England Under 21 Internationals

England Womens Internationals

Live Football on ITV 2008-2009:

FA Cup including live coverage of the FA Cup Final (formerly rights with BBC)

UEFA Champions League

UEFA Cup

Live England Football Home 2010 World Cup Qualifiers

Live England Away Friendlies

Live Football on BBC 2008-2009:

Live Scottish Cup (BBC Scotland only)

Live Scottish League Cup (BBC Scotland only)

Live Football on FIVE 2008-2009:

UEFA Cup Football

Live Italian Serie A matches

Live Football on S4C 2008-2009:

Live Principality Welsh Premier League

Live Welsh Cup

A good bet would be to stay in Dusseldorf which is a)a great night out and B) a hop skip and a jump to the south of the Ruhr (many of whose towns and cities arent exactly easy on the eye for us tourists).

now that i can vouch for....awesome place!!

TUI doing 7euro flights at the moment to Cologne and a few other places till xmas...

http://www.tuifly.com/en/offers/tiefstprei...&Promo=KW30

Edited by thetramdriver

not wishing to hijack the thread,but if anyone is interested in going to barca games this season,i'm planning my usual 5 or 6 games.

at the moment, planning just 1 game besides the el classico before xmas,with the majority in the new year.

try to arrange it around latics far away games.

if anyones interested in coming along(theres usually around 5-20 who go) pm me for further details...