grimsby town latics

Blinmey, hats off if you did that train journey for a friendly. Just looked and it would take 3 1/2 hours from Mumps to CLeethorpes., it would take me 4 1/2 hours and I live near Tunbridge Wells in kent!

Edited by singe

Blinmey, hats off if you did that train journey for a friendly. Just looked and it would take 3 1/2 hours from Mumps to CLeethorpes., it would take me 4 1/2 hours and I live near Tunbridge Wells in kent!

What's the issue? Cheaper boozing on a train than in a pub!

Off to Cleethorpes now for the game. The bad news is that the Leaking Boot pub, where Latics fans usually go, has been closed down. The good news is that the nearby Josh's fish and chip shop is still open.

ps. while your there dont forget to watch the football match. eating and drinking thats all some folk think of.

ps. while your there dont forget to watch the football match. eating and drinking thats all some folk think of.

Yantarno falls foul of the comedy police and now advice about food and drink is sniped at! What next...........breathing? :shock: I presume it's OK for those who didn't make it to the game to eat and drink!

Off to Cleethorpes now for the game. The bad news is that the Leaking Boot pub, where Latics fans usually go, has been closed down. The good news is that the nearby Josh's fish and chip shop is still open.

I presume it's OK for those who didn't make it to the game to eat and drink!

I certainly hope so :unsure:

As leeslover is cnfused at my comment, I'll explain. My point is why should stebuzz want to deprive those attending games of food and drink?

The economy is currently on the downturn, but from August it will receive its annual boost when football fans start travelling all over the country eating and drinking on their way to and from matches. I can't see the point of his post implying that we should drive all over the country and not arrange suitable food and drink places. What's the point of everyone walking to a pub which has been closed own, when a post on here can avoid that? The camaraderie amongst fans is developed in the pre-match get-togethers.

stebuzz - you want to get out more and far enough away from home to make you hungry and thirsty! :disappointed:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest oa_exile
As leeslover is cnfused at my comment, I'll explain. My point is why should stebuzz want to deprive those attending games of food and drink?

The economy is currently on the downturn, but from August it will receive its annual boost when football fans start travelling all over the country eating and drinking on their way to and from matches. I can't see the point of his post implying that we should drive all over the country and not arrange suitable food and drink places. What's the point of everyone walking to a pub which has been closed own, when a post on here can avoid that? The camaraderie amongst fans is developed in the pre-match get-togethers.

stebuzz - you want to get out more and far enough away from home to make you hungry and thirsty! :disappointed:

IMO ,It's all part of the pre-match ritual , and after match as well :)

As leeslover is cnfused at my comment, I'll explain.

As Diego is confused, I'll explain :)

I actually had a can of lager and a freshly cooked fried egg and cheese sandwich (with Heinz Organic Tomato Ketchup (I do live in Balham now)) in front of me as I typed, hence my concern about due protocol on match day. I have never been entirely against drinking on a match day. Eating is also an option, depending on the vagaries of time.

PS it was only after the event that I noticed Ste had put a :tongue: at the top of his post. I thought he was being a narky tool until then too!

Edited by leeslover

Guest oa_exile
Of course it is - we all know that, but stebuzz thinks we should just go to watch the match and not think of food and drink! :ass1:

............ so to conclude "Bollox to him" :grin:

PS it was only after the event that I noticed Ste had put a :tongue: at the top of his post. I thought he was being a narky tool until then too!

I searched for a :wink: before commenting - never seen one up there before!!

Still think it was a pointless comment and have to agree with exile's conclusion! :grin:

I searched for a :wink: before commenting - never seen one up there before!!

Still think it was a pointless comment and have to agree with exile's conclusion! :grin:

Just to confirm then.

Can I still get larrupped before the match? I'd hate to think of spending the rest of my life watching Latics sober :behead:

:bblue2: :bblue2: :bblue2:

I presume you are directing this question to stebuzz!

I presume that you know I had decided to answer it for myself before I asked it :) The right to a cleansing glass of ale is part of my birthright as an Homest Englishman, and not one which I intend to give up lightly.

Take heed, Mayor Johnson. You can can take my beer. You can take it from my cold, dead hand.