NEW MIDFIELDER

There is a post on www.oafc.co.uk from someone with info from a ..ahhmm.. 'very reliable source' which says we are after Ian Westlake the central midfielder from leeds united, if true this seems to suggest that Maher isnt going to sign for us and will stay in the south and sign for swindon/gillingham.

Id prefer westlake over maher anyway to be honest, younger and can tackle and attack and hit a mean volley as we saw last year. Be a good midfield next year anyway thats for sure: Allott, Whitaker, Stephens, Westlake/Maher, Lee? Just wonder how we will keep everyone happy with no reserve league this year, how will they all keep fit?!

Thoughts?

Just wonder how we will keep everyone happy with no reserve league this year, how will they all keep fit?!

Thoughts?

By playing i the 3 cup competitions. Or playing anyone we want in a reserve friendly, perhaps Doncaster who use the same system.

Did them no harm last season.

By playing i the 3 cup competitions. Or playing anyone we want in a reserve friendly, perhaps Doncaster who use the same system.

Did them no harm last season.

if i've read your post correctly?..... i have always been in for the paint pot trophy TBH, as i believe it's our only hope of ever getting to wembley aside from a long shot in the play offs...

now if a bigger, deeper squad allows us to do this then sign em up....

and as far as 'friendly' reserves go, we're close by some decent quality teams aren't we? got a lions pick of them to be true..

if i've read your post correctly?..... i have always been in for the paint pot trophy TBH, as i believe it's our only hope of ever getting to wembley aside from a long shot in the play offs...

now if a bigger, deeper squad allows us to do this then sign em up....

and as far as 'friendly' reserves go, we're close by some decent quality teams aren't we? got a lions pick of them to be true..

Sorry, I meant the reserves have been entered in 3 cup competitions. =)

The Manchester, Lancashire, and Central Senior Cups.

I was under the impression Leeds fans didn't rate him?

Not true, most leeds fans think quite highly of him, great passer of the ball and very creative only letdown is his pace. neither Wise or Mcallister have given him a fair crack of the whip, that said i remember quite a good volley he scored last season <_< , only stumbling block for you boys and us getting rid is the fact he's still on championship wages rumoured to be about 7k a week.

Anyway good luck for the season.

Not true, most leeds fans think quite highly of him, great passer of the ball and very creative only letdown is his pace. neither Wise or Mcallister have given him a fair crack of the whip, that said i remember quite a good volley he scored last season <_< , only stumbling block for you boys and us getting rid is the fact he's still on championship wages rumoured to be about 7k a week.

Anyway good luck for the season.

If he's is on 7K a week and is not prepared to take a significant drop then my guess is he won't be coming to the Latics.

If he's is on 7K a week and is not prepared to take a significant drop then my guess is he won't be coming to the Latics.

i think were trying to come to some sort of financial agreement with him to semi pay up his remaining contract therefore freeing up a move away. you would never think this guy cost us £500k only two seasons ago :unsure:

i think were trying to come to some sort of financial agreement with him to semi pay up his remaining contract therefore freeing up a move away. you would never think this guy cost us £500k only two seasons ago :unsure:

What, Leeds have been throwing daft amounts ofmoney at players who turn out not to be that good?

No, I would never think that :unsure::unsure::unsure: