Todays Left Back 1st half

I noticed on post earlier someone said he was gash. Am i an absolutly terrible judge on players or did anyone else think he looked alrite today?????

As for Phillips the lad is class. Also liked the look of the other left winger on trial

Was encouraged by todays performance. We looked very tidy in possession in both halfs and considering the wind they had to deal with i think thats pretty good going.

I noticed on post earlier someone said he was gash. Am i an absolutly terrible judge on players or did anyone else think he looked alrite today?????

As for Phillips the lad is class. Also liked the look of the other left winger on trial

Was encouraged by todays performance. We looked very tidy in possession in both halfs and considering the wind they had to deal with i think thats pretty good going.

I didn't think the left back was too bad either, was just got beaten a lot of times, other than that he did a good job. Not good enough though I'm afraid.

Well if he got beaten a lot of times against league 2 opposition in a friendly that wouldn't fill me hugely with confidence in playing him against League 1 opposition in a league match. Did we get his name out of interest macca?

I thought the triallist LB was ok. Tall and quick and strong in the tackle. He made a couple of mistakes but generally, I thought he was alright.

Demar Phillips was excellent and I really hope we get him signed up on a season long deal. He's got pace, tricks, skill and an ability to shoot and pass accurately. Looks to be a real grafter too and he deserved his ovation when subbed.

Interesting that Gaspar the Argentinian was back for another chance to demonstrate what he could do. He again showed some nice touches and with better composure, could have helped himself to a goal or two.

Lots of positives again today and we really do look to have real strength in depth.

Well if he got beaten a lot of times against league 2 opposition in a friendly that wouldn't fill me hugely with confidence in playing him against League 1 opposition in a league match. Did we get his name out of interest macca?

Nah I didn't find out his name I'm afraid.

Guest oa_exile

Was it the same LB that played the 1st half at Rhyl ?

This Argie seems interesting and only 18 , could be a player for the future maybe ?

No idea Who The LB Was. But He Didnt Show Enough I Thought.

He kept On Getting Draged Into the Middle Leaving The Winger To Have Space To Run At Him.

Demar Is One Player Who Should Be Definatly Signed Up !!

The Other Little Winger Also Deserves A Recall

Things Are Looking Brighter !!

Guest oa_exile

So basically the last two trialist LB's have both been Gash to date ^_^

Bring back Simon Charlton !

Edited by oa_exile

I think a trialist needs to show more than being OK at this point, given that we have young lads who can come in if needed in most positions. They either scream out to be signed or off they go. That's their chance, we probably see talent go that way but that's how it is. How many of us know people who we reckon were good enough and "had trials" but never made it? Shame wankers like Chris Hall block up space for a few that really want it.

As mentioned,I thought the Left Back looked ok for the first 20-25 mins then got continually beaten by their right winger time after time due to lack of pace and anticipation.His first touch wasn`t the best either.Seemed to look more like a Centre half than Left Back IMO.

The left winger that came on during the second half looked like he had somethin about him and defo worth another look at.

Phillips looked class,with skill and pace to burn.Get him signed up asap!!!!

A further point,Taylor looked far more effective when switched to his natural position at Right Wing rather than filling in at Left Back.Admittedly it was in a pre-season friendly against a mid to lower reach League Two side but to me it was a clear indication of where he should be playing by utilising his strengths.

As mentioned,I thought the Left Back looked ok for the first 20-25 mins then got continually beaten by their right winger time after time due to lack of pace and anticipation.His first touch wasn`t the best either.Seemed to look more like a Centre half than Left Back IMO.

The left winger that came on during the second half looked like he had somethin about him and defo worth another look at.

Phillips looked class,with skill and pace to burn.Get him signed up asap!!!!

A further point,Taylor looked far more effective when switched to his natural position at Right Wing rather than filling in at Left Back.Admittedly it was in a pre-season friendly against a mid to lower reach League Two side but to me it was a clear indication of where he should be playing by utilising his strengths.

Agree with all that, BUT he wasn't a left-back imo, more of a centre-half being asked to play there. His all round play was ok but his first touch you rightly say wasn't the best. Bit worried that Lidds was played on the right, hopefully it was just a case of making up the numbers to enable us to play too balanced sides. I really do hope that Shez is not attempting to go down this route. Surely he needs a more deep lying central role and surely Smalley/Taylor and Phillips would be in front of him for the wide role? Lewi looked very good at Rhyl, but without support yesterday looked well off the pace.

Edited by oafcprozac