Oldham Asian........

Can't imagine why anyone would think it's funny, foreigner or no.

Actually, I can imagine quite well why someone might think it's funny. Unpleasant in the extreme.

Did you do read the disclaimer before you posted? Might be worth a read, as it'll explain everything about the site to you.

Nothing more than taking a light hearted dig at the town and a few things in particular. Like Tommyfield Market, the weather, etc. taking popular songs and rejiggng them to take a light hearted dig at the town. I fail to see how race comes into it, which is what you're hinting at.

Did you do read the disclaimer before you posted? Might be worth a read, as it'll explain everything about the site to you.

Nothing more than taking a light hearted dig at the town and a few things in particular. Like Tommyfield Market, the weather, etc. taking popular songs and rejiggng them to take a light hearted dig at the town. I fail to see how race comes into it, which is what you're hinting at.

You're right. The disclaimer is funny.

Guest oa_exile
Comedy is word used all too lightly these days.

Did you stop laughing once you moved to the Big Smoke ? or have you never had a sense of humour ?

Did you stop laughing once you moved to the Big Smoke ? or have you never had a sense of humour ?

For :censored: sake Andy, does it have to be a North/South thing with you? I’m sure there are lots of Southerners who would be rolling in the aisles at songs in a put-on Asian accent singing about eating kebabs, driving their taxis and beating women, and there are plently of Northerners who would place that sort of humour in the same time zone as Fred Trueman hosting his indoor sports show.

Edited by philliggi

Guest oa_exile
For :censored:sake Andy, does it have to be a North/South thing with you? I’m sure there are lots of Southerners who would be rolling in the aisles at songs in a put-on Asian accent singing about eating kebabs, driving their taxis and beating women, and there are plently of Northerners who would place that sort of humour in the same time zone as Fred Trueman hosting his indoor sports show.

.............and your point is since it's you Southerner's making the big issue over this thread.

One thing is for sure , as I can see from this post , you stick together like glue :)

.....and BTW what's with the constant bad language on your posts of recent ? or is that a Southern thing as well ? :(

Edited by philliggi

.............and your point is since it's you Southerner's making the big issue over this thread.

One thing is for sure , as I can see from this post , you stick together like glue :)

.....and BTW what's with the constant bad language on your posts of recent ? or is that a Southern thing as well ? :(

I'm not a Southerner, I have my own mind, and I like the language that I learnt in the North, so fiddlesticks to you, you big fartypants.

Guest oa_exile
I'm not a Southerner, I have my own mind, and I like the language that I learnt in the North, so fiddlesticks to you, you big fartypants.

............there you go you managed to put a sentence together without swearing , that must be your Northern side coming to the surface :tongue1:

Each to their own. Not everyone is going to find the same things funny.

It's a bit like this sketch from one of my favourite comedians, Dave Chappelle. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NSlzcT_g6hc

All "Comedy" divides opinion. The way it's often meant too. The above site's (Oldham/Asian) is like the made up songs of Stephen Lynch (type it on youtube and see what comes up). He make's songs up such as Ugly Baby, Special Olympics, If I were Gay, Superheroes, etc which some people will find hilarious, others will find quite distasteful. Personally I find all his songs funny bar the Special Olympics one.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

He hides it with his KKK hoody :grin:

A mate of mine once woke up to find a swastika and, "I love Nazis," written in indelible marker across his forehead and tried to cover it up with his Leeds hat. I actually did tell him to cover that up with a KKK one so nobody thought he was a bigot!

Guest oa_exile
A mate of mine once woke up to find a swastika and, "I love Nazis," written in indelible marker across his forehead and tried to cover it up with his Leeds hat. I actually did tell him to cover that up with a KKK one so nobody thought he was a bigot!

Quality ! :applause1: