Latics Cricket match

I know its at Delph Cricket club but where is it?

Anyone have an address?

It's on Huddersfield Road. Just head towards Hudds from Oldham and as you pass through Delph the ground is on the left as the houses end.

Set off a bit earlier though as a helicopter crashed into a nearby field this afternoon so I'd imagine the fuzz and ambulances will be all over the shop.

Im heading over as well with my lad.

The in-laws live a good 100 yards from the cricket ground so the wife will call there whilst we go and laugh at Crossley dropping the catches all over the show ^_^

Whats the betting that Flemming smacks a shot straight at Crossley in the hope of breaking one or two fingers :lol:

It's on Huddersfield Road. Just head towards Hudds from Oldham and as you pass through Delph the ground is on the left as the houses end.

Set off a bit earlier though as a helicopter crashed into a nearby field this afternoon so I'd imagine the fuzz and ambulances will be all over the shop.

I hope it wasn't any of the Latics hierarchy returning from Ernie's funeral!!?? :shock:

Guest M_OAFC

For those of you that didn't make it to the cricket we fielded a different team in each innings and it was mostly comprised of trialists including a leg spinner from Bangalore and an aggressive middle oreder batsman from Pretoria. They both looked okay but probably no better than what we already have.

The other major talking points were the rollocking Davies got off Shez when he was asked to bowl at off stump but kept drifting wider and wider and the usage of Taylor who despite being right handed was forced to bowl left arm spin.

For those of you that didn't make it to the cricket we fielded a different team in each innings and it was mostly comprised of trialists including a leg spinner from Bangalore and an aggressive middle oreder batsman from Pretoria. They both looked okay but probably no better than what we already have.

The other major talking points were the rollocking Davies got off Shez when he was asked to bowl at off stump but kept drifting wider and wider and the usage of Taylor who despite being right handed was forced to bowl left arm spin.

:laught16:

Nice one! Almost got me "whooshed" but I clocked it with Taylor... :wink:

LOL, it was a good crack i thought although quite a few of the players looked very disinterested indeed. Although the older ones really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Edited by Lordy

Comedy moment of the match was when Shez went in to bat.

First ball bowled at him and he tried to side step and crack it, but his legs had other ideas and he just spun and hit the floor.....Much to the amusment of the players.

Oh, and Lidds shouting to Taylor "You better cover up Tayls, your gonna burn up in this sun". They were just constantly ripping each other to pieces. Very funny to listen to.

And Jacko stopping a VERY fast ball going to the boundary with his leg. He pretended it didnt hurt but we all know it did. :grin:

First ball bowled at him and he tried to side step and crack it, but his legs had other ideas and he just spun and hit the floor.....Much to the amusment of the players.

Oh, and Lidds shouting to Taylor "You better cover up Tayls, your gonna burn up in this sun". They were just constantly ripping each other to pieces. Very funny to listen to.

And Jacko stopping a VERY fast ball going to the boundary with his leg. He pretended it didnt hurt but we all know it did. :grin:

yeah i really enjoyed it. wasnt there that long had a match at 6 50pm which we won 6-4 but i stayed with my sister her lad and her fella til about 6 30ish.

hopefully theyll do that again because it was very good for the fans to meet the players.

Thought is was a good night, although the turnout was poor. Thought the team spirt looked good, plenty of banter. Good sign that Phillips was there, I know he it training with us, but probably didnt need to turn up, lets hope something is in the pipe line, although he signed the autograph with his stoke squad number lol

yeah i really enjoyed it. wasnt there that long had a match at 6 50pm which we won 6-4 but i stayed with my sister her lad and her fella til about 6 30ish.

hopefully theyll do that again because it was very good for the fans to meet the players.

Ah, so you were the lad sat on the bench with me then? I was the one sat on the end with my lad.

That was lucky when your sisters fella stopped that ball from hitting the baby wasnt it?

I know mate, i was on the other side of the pitch by then but i saw it heading over towards you. I was more upset that i saw some beer spilt when you stopped the ball. I was unconsoulable at that point. ^_^

haha he nearly cried when the beer spilt. i think it was lucky he was only on his 5th pint if it was his 6th then there might have been trouble

Ah, so you were the lad sat on the bench with me then? I was the one sat on the end with my lad.

That was lucky when your sisters fella stopped that ball from hitting the baby wasnt it?

I would of thought you'd of been out there playing, and Lee Hughes isn't holding his bat propperly when he's running tut tut

1) Why can Tommy Wright bowl?

2) How close was Mr Corney to pulling a, "W C Grace," and putting the bails back and telling them to carry on?

3) Was Stu Vose planning ahead when he put a different story on LW headed, "Taylor pleased with run-out?" Or was it only me :sign0007: