Maher to decide in next 48 hours

The BBC claims Kevin Maher will decide his future within the next 48 hours. Swindon are out of the race as Maurice Malpas blasted, "They [Maher and his agent] promised to get back to me so I've moved on and will be trying to get somebody else. Just to have no word at all sticks in my throat."

The Latics confirmed interest in the 31 year old last week and have offered the former Southend captain terms, however, the Gills are quietly confident of signing the experienced midfielder's signature.

Anybody bothered?

seems hes seeing which southern team offer him the best deal, doubt hes comin to oldham, i know i wouldnt uproot from living down south to come up north for 1 or 2 years uprootin family/being away from family. However, either money will talk or he may want a change of scene and try to get back into the championship. so who knows...?

personally id rather have westlake - younger, fairly experienced, northern and an eye for goal ;)

seems hes seeing which southern team offer him the best deal, doubt hes comin to oldham, i know i wouldnt uproot from living down south to come up north for 1 or 2 years uprootin family/being away from family. However, either money will talk or he may want a change of scene and try to get back into the championship. so who knows...?

personally id rather have westlake - younger, fairly experienced, northern and an eye for goal ;)

I agree I'd rather have Westlake, besides would Maher make the current first 11?