Huddersfield Town fan here ...

Wow, never for one minute did I guess that the Hudders fan was from MI5. We must be really careful. How clever are they? Good job we are more clever! They nearly found out our best player.

Or they could be someone harvesting emails to send spam to.

Who's Matt?

I'm Matt.

In for a penny...

Name: Matt

What got you hooked? The voices. Voices and glue. Voices, glue and vacodin.

Your team Qs.

Best player: Sean Garnett

Team to beat: Personal all-time favourite team to beat: Wigan.

Your manager, in a word: Drunk

Who's going up? Yes, probably.

Who's going down? Those two with the bloody canoe fraud thing going on.

Has anybody spared a thought that the guy might be genuin (SHOCK HORROR)and you know this board and what it stands for, correct me if im wrong (and i'm sure some nob will), to welcome other teams fans and make football a friendly sport (i.e OWTB FC) we have links to other teams sites on here, with the warning dont cause no mither on there sites afterall we are representing OWTB, so what gives people the right to go against this when they decide to come on ours, ooppss sorry yours, lets hope that this lad dosnt get to fulfill his aim, cos the latics page will say simply......load of cocks! and its quite embaressin to be one

Has anybody spared a thought that the guy might be genuin (SHOCK HORROR)and you know this board and what it stands for, correct me if im wrong (and i'm sure some nob will), to welcome other teams fans and make football a friendly sport (i.e OWTB FC) we have links to other teams sites on here, with the warning dont cause no mither on there sites afterall we are representing OWTB, so what gives people the right to go against this when they decide to come on ours, ooppss sorry yours, lets hope that this lad dosnt get to fulfill his aim, cos the latics page will say simply......load of cocks! and its quite embaressin to be one

Yes, I thought he was genuine - but the advice was sound also, there's no harm in challenging a request. There's no website we can check, if somebody asks me if I can complete a questionnaire and email it somewhere, I want to find out what the target is. I'm beggared if I want an inbox full of :censored:e, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

It's reasonable request, I'm sure you'll agree - to ask about the source - far removed from the alleged anti-Oldham post that was insinuated in Alec1854's post. I say - listen to what is being said, think about why it has been said - and is it reasonable. I don't say things for the bloody fun of it.

The topic start clearly states that he requires members to email him with the answers to the questions, I'll chance my arm and declare that not many have - if at all. The posts following his starter indicate to me that either 1) People can't be arsed reading 2) They'd rather post up witty replies on the thread just to have a laugh, one wouldn't want to email these now would they? 3) People can't be arsed reading. Just checking. 4) A combo of 1 and 2.

The bogus 'answer' posts on here are no more than harmless fun, with posters trying to post funnier replies than the last.

Considering the above, plus knowing all the :censored:e spam that we were all exposed to on JKL, I mean really subjected to some absolute dross - making out everyone in connection with this thread are cocks really ain't a :censored:in' true reflection of this little episode.

I reckon I've covered everything there, but someone won't be happy...

"far removed from the alleged anti-Oldham post that was insinuated in Alec1854's post."

Hold on.....that is a million miles from my comment! My point was that the request from the football fan seemed quite genuine to me. You see loads eslewhere. My view was that the OWTB moderators were a bit tough on him. Even if he wasn't genuine... what on earth could the possible harm be? I miss not having open debate with fans from other clubs. This is all a bit insular but the club has thrown its lots here and the choice is pretty slim.

"far removed from the alleged anti-Oldham post that was insinuated in Alec1854's post."

Hold on.....that is a million miles from my comment! My point was that the request from the football fan seemed quite genuine to me. You see loads eslewhere. My view was that the OWTB moderators were a bit tough on him. Even if he wasn't genuine... what on earth could the possible harm be? I miss not having open debate with fans from other clubs. This is all a bit insular but the club has thrown its lots here and the choice is pretty slim.

And your comments were a million miles away from what Rummy was trying to do. As has been said, he was attempting to find out more about the poster before unsuspecting people sent emails. There was no assumption of guilt (Matt has said he thought the guy was genuine) but the Town Fan was asked for a link. Some credentilas if you like. He still hasn't provided a link which suggests he hasn't checked on here to find the "genuine" replies to his questions.

Away fans are welcome on here as long as they operate within the Site rules and regulations. The simple fact is though that since the demise of Rivals, the fans of most Clubs seem to prefer their own specific "insular" Sites like ONIGP; AVFTT etc. I agree that something like the old Rivals is sadly missed although there are still alternatives like 606.

As for the comment "the Club has thrown its lot in here so the choice is pretty slim", I really don't understand the point you are making. The Club previously "threw its lot" behind the Official Messageboard but that didn't stop JKL; ISZ; OWTB or loads of other Messageboards operating and being just as, if not more succesful than the Official one. The choice is still there but at the moment, most seem to use OWTB. Next year, it may be another Site. That's the thing - we all have a choice and fashions change.

Unfortunately Alec, you have made this about not welcoming opposition fans (and a couple of side issues) as opposed to an honest attempt by Rummy to protect some of our younger or more unsuspecting OWTB Members from someone whose motives may not have been sincere.

"What on earth could the possible harm be"? Well clearly you still don't get it do you.

"protect some of our younger or more unsuspecting OWTB Members from someone whose motives may not have been sincere. "

Wow...I clearly didn't see those dark shadows.....

You have made me look at message boards in a completely different way.

"protect some of our younger or more unsuspecting OWTB Members from someone whose motives may not have been sincere. "

Wow...I clearly didn't see those dark shadows.....

You have made me look at message boards in a completely different way.

What a stupid comment.

If you had young children who used this Site Alec, then maybe you would look at it in a different way. You may also look a little deeper into the potential pitfalls of the internet. Like it or not, OWTB tries to cater for all - not just middle-aged blokes like you and I.

Rummy made a valid point and was being cautious. You have chosen to make it wider than that simply by misunderstanding what he was attempting to do. Your later remarks make you look ridiculous in my opinion.

What a stupid comment.

If you had young children who used this Site Alec, then maybe you would look at it in a different way. You may also look a little deeper into the potential pitfalls of the internet. Like it or not, OWTB tries to cater for all - not just middle-aged blokes like you and I.

Rummy made a valid point and was being cautious. You have chosen to make it wider than that simply by misunderstanding what he was attempting to do. Your later remarks make you look ridiculous in my opinion.

My fault.. I have just re-read the oiriginal Hudds posting and I didn't read the bit about posting email pics of yourself. and yes, I am very aware of internet dangers. I have had young kids who were lured by potential peados and took all the action necessary to chop them off very quickly (the peados that is!).

Fair comments.... my fault.

My fault.. I have just re-read the oiriginal Hudds posting and I didn't read the bit about posting email pics of yourself. and yes, I am very aware of internet dangers. I have had young kids who were lured by potential peados and took all the action necessary to chop them off very quickly (the peados that is!).

Fair comments.... my fault.

No worries Alec. Thanks for being big enough to say that.

Hi, I'm the editor of a new Huddersfield Town fanzine and we're looking to do a League One season preview.

We're hoping that we can get a fan of each League One club to answer us a few questions. These are below. Cheers.

Name:

What got you hooked?

Your team Qs.

Best player:

Team to beat:

Your manager, in a word:

Predictions.

Who's going up?

And down?

PLEASE answer the above questions and email the answers to bluenwhite@live.co.uk - It'd be greatly appreciated if you also sent a relevant photograph, perhaps of you in your team's shirt or of your stadium or whatever, this photo must be copyright-free, taken by yourself.

Please be in touch ASAP.

Cheers,

Andy.

I can see where rummy and inspiral carpet are coming from l have not emailed him but why would he want a picture. This seems stupid if he wants replies then there is a few genuine replies on here.

I can see where rummy and inspiral carpet are coming from l have not emailed him but why would he want a picture. This seems stupid if he wants replies then there is a few genuine replies on here.

I think that's over and done with mate.

In the meantime, I hope he likes the picture of me and my best mate from the other night. We were a bit drunk but hopefully, he'll get in touch with me.

lucy_pinder_michelle_marsh_kissing1.jpg

Guest oa_exile

:wacko:

Using the internet basically calls for a bit of common sense , anyway seems that the subtle hints and later the more direct approach got the point across eventually :blink: