Correct me if im wrong but

Im sure ive just seen tonights game is £10 admission.

Surely it is overprices, a better idea would ave been to follow the roughyeds idea by just having free admission with donations to charity. That way you benefit by:

- Raising money for charity

- Increased food/drink/programme sales

and most importantly a higher attendance. This means that if we show a decent performance it would encourage these people to come back and pay for league matches or even buy season tickets.

Charging £10 for a friendly is a joke

Im sure ive just seen tonights game is £10 admission.

Surely it is overprices, a better idea would ave been to follow the roughyeds idea by just having free admission with donations to charity. That way you benefit by:

- Raising money for charity

- Increased food/drink/programme sales

and most importantly a higher attendance. This means that if we show a decent performance it would encourage these people to come back and pay for league matches or even buy season tickets.

Charging £10 for a friendly is a joke

Not overly excessive imo, same as what Grimsby and Bratfurd are charging us AND the mighty Dale are charging summat like £12 for the Wankies game on Friday. Plus there's overheads to pay such as caterers, proggy printing costs, leccy, gas, stewards oh and return postage on a job lot of luminous shirts...................

Edited by oafcprozac

worked for the roughyeds

BUT they received a nice wedge from Mr. Murdoch and it was a cause close to Hamilton AND they have Quinn writing cheques in the background. Despite me being potless i'm glad to hand over my tenner tonight, the TTA have not let us down in the transfer market this summer, so asking them to subsidise losses in order for Charidee to benefit although noble is not really fair on them. Now a bucket collection outside, that's a different matter. IMO of course...........

Not overly excessive imo, same as what Grimsby and Bratfurd are charging us AND the mighty Dale are charging summat like £12 for the Wankies game on Friday. Plus there's overheads to pay such as caterers, proggy printing costs, leccy, gas, stewards oh and return postage on a job lot of luminous shirts...................

They also charged £12 for last night's against Stockport. 1,000 turned up.

It's overpriced. Which is why i'm not going, well for that reason and friendlies are boring.

For kid's, It's just as cheap to go and watch United or City against Juventus and AC Milan. Should be letting kid's in for free, getting the place as full as possible with them, letting them bang the seats and create a bit of a racket and trying to entice them to come back. The more times they get in free, the more likely they are to grow some sort of affiliation to the club rather than the odd one or two games a season. Get them in and have someone giving them a leaflet which they can show their parents when they get home, that for the price of just over £2.10 per game they can become a Boundary Blue member and get a season ticket (That's if they're still doing the same £50 offer as last season.)

I still dont understand why it's been 5 years now since we got Man City here in a friendly. We know full well how many they bring, friendly or not. Instead we play Wednesday, Derby, Hull and get about 2,500 tops.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Correct ! the FA Cup 3rd Round would be £20 :)

well thats another thing, prices in general. our season tickets are WAY overpriced as are individual games. That's why our crowds are so low. Look at Hudds, £100 season tickets, massive demand. Port Vale, cant remember there season ticket price but it was low and they have sold plenty. If we cut prices demand would go up and would probably end up more profitable than selling a couple of thousand high priced STs. Just out of interest how many STs have we sold this season ?

Exactly, so why dont they lower prices to attract a bigger crowd to attract people to pay during the season

Where are all these people gonna come from! they could charge £1 and still only get 3000 going tonight. Any drop in price wouldnt be worthwhile as it wouldn't attract enough people.

Edited by daniel8157

Just out of interest how many STs have we sold this season ?

Enough to afford the signing of 7 or so promising new players with only one out the door, that with TTA's backing of course. Maybe they are actually doing a fair job. Thank god I'm not a Vale or Huddy fan right now (or ever of course)

well thats another thing, prices in general. our season tickets are WAY overpriced as are individual games. That's why our crowds are so low. Look at Hudds, £100 season tickets, massive demand. Port Vale, cant remember there season ticket price but it was low and they have sold plenty. If we cut prices demand would go up and would probably end up more profitable than selling a couple of thousand high priced STs. Just out of interest how many STs have we sold this season ?

Don't want to sound arsey mate as you're new on here, but if you use the search facility on this site, you will find this debate has been discussed until the cows come home. For the amount of turnover this club receives in a year there is no way we should threatening the top 10 in this League let alone having a good old stab at promotion, but because we have owners willing to sustain losses, coupled with the odd bonus of unexpected income (Sky, cup runs, Trotters etc..) we are able to compete in the transfer market at a level that belies our average crowds. If we charged a fiver per game the income level would probably be less than what we make on a normal game. We can't have everything, the prices we charge are pretty much par for the course at our level, yes they are excessive but anyone remember what happened when a guy gave us season tickets for as little as £156? How did that one turn out?

Edited by oafcprozac

Which is the same as having 300 paying a tenner

Then you have the future benefits from the 3000 that see enough to want to come again

like they will only get 300 going tonight.

and didnt they try a lower entrance fee once or twice last season and get a decent crowd and then back to the same attendance next game.

I'd like it to be free, that'd mean I would be able to go.

It's either this or the masters and the masters takes priority!

Same here, cant afford both but i would rather pay money to the club i support over paying the organisers of the masters tournament (who im sure will be getting money off sky as well)

Dont go then...people wouldn't for the 1st round of the FA Cup, let alone the 3rd. I get to pay a little bit towards my club tonight to see the lads...some for the first time. Great value to me! :grin:

Totally agree, cant wait to see the new guys for the first time.

Ive come to the conclusion Wenks is a wind up merchant. Just let me know when you purchase a sweet shop....I'll be round to take advantage of your promotions!

I was thinking the same thing Lags. His first post was a touch controversial - I almost accused him of "trolling" from the off but gave him the benefit.

Wenks: "Are you Corporal in disguise?" :grin:

Couple of things to point out

Re Vale

Have had this discussion with Alan Hardy. Despite them selling more tickets numerically, we made a hell of alot more revenue on ours. It is likely that vale will see a big reduction in matchday revenue as a result of this as they will lose alot of the floating fans, esp considering their neighbours are now a prem team

RE hudd

they have a backer subsidising ticket sales. prices sure as hell would not be £100 if they didnt have this backer

And we sold the same amount as what we did last season re season tickets