Five Year Anniversary

The club would have been bought anyway, the land was the golden nugget for any investor. I see the TTA as the party who thought they got a bargain and jumped in with 15 feet... When the going got tough they bailed ( apart from Simon) who to all intents and purposes represents Brassbank.... Apologies for the rant, Ive worked 65 hours already and its only Wednesday...

A lot can happen in 10yrs. Portsmouth are the current shining example and there have been umpteen other high profile, well supported clubs that have hit the buffers in that 10yrs. Virtually all had the same problem - poor corporate management and shocking financial judgment. The Conference is full of our type of club who have made the same mistakes.

Here 'WE' are, still in L1 but relatively stable. It would be fair to say that even the most pessimistic Tics fan is more optimist for the coming season than the last five. As a company the club is still in business because we have been prudently run. Maybe it is now our turn to have a little luck with a team manager.

A lot can happen in 10yrs. Portsmouth are the current shining example and there have been umpteen other high profile, well supported clubs that have hit the buffers in that 10yrs. Virtually all had the same problem - poor corporate management and shocking financial judgment. The Conference is full of our type of club who have made the same mistakes.

Here 'WE' are, still in L1 but relatively stable. It would be fair to say that even the most pessimistic Tics fan is more optimist for the coming season than the last five. As a company the club is still in business because we have been prudently run. Maybe it is now our turn to have a little luck with a team manager.

I agree, I'm not going to overly praise SC but in many ways, the fact we are still in L1 could be considered success though a rather boring one.

Wonder if Zero is still crying on his steering wheel. 10 years, where did it all go!?

lol..

Its funny looking back how important Latics was to me. It was genuinely a hugely upsetting time.... For all of us despite some of the ribbing I got for my post :)

Now I can hardly be bothered looking up the results at the weekend... Its all just so pointless these days. Football is a terrible mess.

We need more supporters like this who eat, sleep & breath Oldham Athletic, who stick by the club through thick & thin, no matter wha...........eh?............what?..........has he? Oh.

Ten , or even five years ago I would never have believed someone if they had said in ten years you really wouldn't give a f**k anymore.

Painful memories the M**re fiasco, Dowie leaving, clubs picking the bones of our club taking players for a fraction of their worth.

Fond Memories, Staying up against all the odds with one of the worst squads (on paper) I have ever seen at the club. Other clubs rallying around to collect money for us. Jarvis, That feeing after the Bradford Game.

Remember it well for mixed reason....

Was in Lanzarote celebrating first wedding anniversary but in and out of Internet cafes following developments of our clubs future. Then got bad news that my stepdad had passed away. Wasn't the greatest holiday!

Wasn't it about the same time Chelsea was bought by Abramovich? I seem to recall following updates of our club's employees driving down to Oxford in a minibus to confront Moore whilst Chelsea were signing players at 8 or 9 million a pop. Just goes to show how imbalanced our professional football leagues are!

10 years on though and things have changed in my life ... lost more loved ones including my mum but gained two wonderful and beautiful daughters; both Oldham fans despite pressure from my dad-in-law trying to convert them to Villa fans. Club is more settled and despite 10 more years in the same league, we have a good chance this season