Multi-Ball System

It certainly speeded things up last night and should make for much more free-flowing games.

However, the ball boys need more coaching in the new system. We had two balls on the pitch at times and a Derby player showed his expertise at marbles by cannoning one ball off the other.

I have to accept that my ball-fumbling time-wasting tactics behind the goal in the Chaddy End are a thing of the past. If I tried it now the keeper would have already been given a replacement ball and taken the goalkick before I could spell fumble! :disappointed:

It certainly speeded things up last night and should make for much more free-flowing games.

However, the ball boys need more coaching in the new system. We had two balls on the pitch at times and a Derby player showed his expertise at marbles by cannoning one ball off the other.

I have to accept that my ball-fumbling time-wasting tactics behind the goal in the Chaddy End are a thing of the past. If I tried it now the keeper would have already been given a replacement ball and taken the goalkick before I could spell fumble! :disappointed:

And if we get two balls on the pitch at once then, according to last night's programme, the ref immediately suspends multiball and the club gets a £4,000 fine.

:cardinal:

I thought the ball boys did alright last night - the've not had any proper training yet (though thye will be doing before Millwall apparently).

I thought one or two of our players need a bit of coaching in 'multiball' too. Mentioning no names in particlar :clown:

Edited by danoafc

And if we get two balls on the pitch at once then, according to last night's programme, the ref immediately suspends multiball and the club gets a £4,000 fine.

According to the official Oldham Athletic website you have to be given a warning before this can happen.

:wink:

I thought the ball boys did alright last night - the've not had any proper training yet (though thye will be doing before Millwall apparently).

I thought one or two of our players need a bit of coaching in 'multiball' too. Mentioning no names in particlar :clown:

Spot on Dan.

I said last night that we need to practise the multiball thing in training since the players seemed unaware of what was going on at times. Glad to read that this will be happening.

I suspect that multiball had to be a given this year as we now have a three sided ground and the odds on plenty of balls being kicked into rubble (Gregs).

I do think there is a case to be made for livening up dull matches (end of the season middle table affairs and so on) by introducing a second ball into play. It always worked well in the Boys' Brigade. We now have the system in place; just need agreement. Can't see anyone being against when there's nothing at stake.

I do think there is a case to be made for livening up dull matches (end of the season middle table affairs and so on) by introducing a second ball into play. It always worked well in the Boys' Brigade. We now have the system in place; just need agreement. Can't see anyone being against when there's nothing at stake.

Let's use beach balls.