Latics fans from Rochdale

A few of us off here are attending TwentySixBlack's wedding tomorrow and spending the night in Rochdale before going to the Masters on Saturday.

We hear so much from London about Rochdale, so my question is:

Does sleeping in Rochdale make us honorary OASIS members? B)

A few of us off here are attending TwentySixBlack's wedding tomorrow and spending the night in Rochdale before going to the Masters on Saturday.

No just dirty, very dirty Make sure you have a proper wash before crossing the boundary.. :lol:

No sleeping in Burton does and Singe don't start me off

No just dirty, very dirty Make sure you have a proper wash before crossing the boundary.. :lol:

Before leaving Burton, have a good wash in a Burton Beer bath to wash the Marmite off. Then bathe in a pit of stale diarrhoea from a leper colony to wash the stench of the beer away. Then you will be allowed entry into Shaw, with only High Crompton to get through before you are allowed entry.

Before leaving Burton, have a good wash in a Burton Beer bath to wash the Marmite off. Then bathe in a pit of stale diarrhoea from a leper colony to wash the stench of the beer away. Then you will be allowed entry into Shaw, with only High Crompton to get through before you are allowed entry.

I suppose you would also recommend going to Blackpool via the Belmont!

Rather than go through a lot of suburbs like Londoners are used to on a daily basis, I prefer to take the modern route, with motorway/dual carriageway accesss to the posh part of Rochdale......Castleton and the Royal Toby. It's even got a Fallen Angels menu - can anyone tell me about Rochdale's fallen angels?

Castleton and the Royal Toby. It's even got a Fallen Angels menu - can anyone tell me about Rochdale's fallen angels?

Well, Anna Friel was fit as a butcher's dog but then she had that Hell-spawn Mick Hucknall up her, so she ust count?

Back in the day my Friday night "townie" sessions often started in the Toby for some out of town beers as a few of the lads lived round that way. Been drinking with Bez (a mate of a mate) there a few times, usually the prelude for an eventful night.

Well, Anna Friel was fit as a butcher's dog but then she had that Hell-spawn Mick Hucknall up her, so she ust count?

Back in the day my Friday night "townie" sessions often started in the Toby for some out of town beers as a few of the lads lived round that way. Been drinking with Bez (a mate of a mate) there a few times, usually the prelude for an eventful night.

What was the word on the street about Gracie Fields? My granddad said she was a bit of a goer!

I suppose you would also recommend going to Blackpool via the Belmont!

Castleton and the Royal Toby. It's even got a Fallen Angels menu - can anyone tell me about Rochdale's fallen angels?

Its a very good Italian Terry, the Royal Toby is a nice Hotel as well, stayed there myself with a wedding Party not long ago.

The Salmone Alla Griglia (?) and Tiramisu is lovely :wink:

I think Gracie was actually called Stansfield as well, Rochdale has so many international superstars that we have two with the same surname!

That is correct. Not sure if they are related or not. Maybe they are distantly related but the ever-reliable Wikipedia doesn't make that clear.

Despite having the same name and coming from Heywood, Lancashire, near (Rochdale), Lisa Stansfield is not closely related to the famous singer of the 1930s and 1940s, Gracie Fields (whose real name was Grace Stansfield). However, she does own a recording studio called 'Gracielands'.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sorry rummy, but that did make me chuckle. :grin:

Rocky lad, there's summat int' water around here that makes you numb - so no offence taken.

At least it ain't Milnrow, best banjo players int' borough...

Rocky lad, there's summat int' water around here that makes you numb - so no offence taken.

At least it ain't Milnrow, best banjo players int' borough...

I'll bloody banjo you if ya don't watch it sunny.

Anyway, I live in Newhey - it's like the Beverly Hills of Milnrow.

I'll bloody banjo you if ya don't watch it sunny.

Anyway, I live in Newhey - it's like the Beverly Hills of Milnrow.

Newhey :grin: Beverly Hills my backside.

'Your sister is your mother, Your father is your brother, You're sh*ggin' one another, The Newhey fam-i-ly...."

Newhey :grin: Beverly Hills my backside.

'Your sister is your mother, Your father is your brother, You're sh*ggin' one another, The Newhey fam-i-ly...."

Easy now. Your getting your conurbations confused.

Newhey is nestled neatly between Milnrow and Shaw. Somewhat similar to a Rose between two Thorns.

^_^