we WILL face Ricketts again!

just read on newsnow pages that walsall have offered a deal to michael ricketts - and are waiting to hear from him!!! i can't believe he has that many offers on the table and also how many chances the p--ck is going to be given!!! you watch him do to us what he did last season at bp!!!! http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/2008/...ricketts-again/

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

just read on newsnow pages that walsall have offered a deal to michael ricketts - and are waiting to hear from him!!! i can't believe he has that many offers on the table and also how many chances the p--ck is going to be given!!! you watch him do to us what he did last season at bp!!!! http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/2008/...ricketts-again/

I would much rather he be playing against us than for us.

you watch him do to us what he did last season at bp!!!!

Well, yes. Because he's actually, contrary to seemingly popular belief, a pretty good player. It was actually quite nice to see him ram it down people's throats when he came back to BP last year.

DIE DIE RICKETTS

Well, yes. Because he's actually, contrary to seemingly popular belief, a pretty good player. It was actually quite nice to see him ram it down people's throats when he came back to BP last year.

DIE DIE RICKETTS

He clearly is a good player - he's also clearly a lazy arrogant turd.

DIE DIE RICKETTS

Completely agree - I seen to remember it was the same day (or similar time) to O'Donnell's death, I wonder if the inbreds who were singing that watched the news that night and thought about it. Then again people like that are incapable of thinking.

Edited by pukka

DIE DIE RICKETTS

If they do score there will be a little bit of me wanting him to score (as there was last year) just to stick it to the dregs who sit at the front of the chaddy

DIE DIE RICKETTS

Not sure about it being nice, but I get what you're saying. Just another well fabricated scapegoat in the history of OAFC...yep, he allegedly had some attitude off the field. Still could do it on it and proved so when playing us. Didn't deserve the OTT witchhunt he got from our lot.

Edited by boundaryblue80

DIE DIE RICKETTS

In all the games I saw Ricketts, I only saw him play well twice, once V Walsall and once V us. Appalling fitness, terrible attitude, whatever his ability. Joke signing to begin with, good job Shez saw sense without costing the club too much of its scarce resources.

Not sure about it being nice, but I get what you're saying. Just another well fabricated scapegoat in the history of OAFC...yep, he allegedly had some attitude off the field. Still could do it on it and proved so when playing us. Didn't deserve the OTT witchhunt he got from our lot.

He was hired to do a job and didn't deliver.

I think he got everything he deserved.

Yep, continually held it up and flicked it on looking for the man, but then golden boy Craig Davies was somewhere on the wing admiring his new, shiny yellow boots.

He showed astuteness and intelligence that his fellow forwards and majority of Oldham fans either couldn't show or didn't want to.

And for all this stuff about him being lazy and not applying himself, has anyone read what Berbatov's been saying this week about questions regarding his application? Effectively he's called lazy but he says if he doesn't run for the ball it's because there's no point chasing a lost cause when nothing will come from it. Fans at BP love effort, or chasing the ball like a headless chicken...Warney for example ran and ran and was commended when something came from it. People forget though that nine times out of ten, nothing came of it. Rico did run and chase, but only for the ones where there was a chance something would materialise. He had the intelligence to remain in his position when he recognised he wouldn't get the ball...as such made 10% of the runs Warne made but probably actually went for as many balls as he actually stood a chance of getting.

I bet you are :lol: I bet we all are :wink:

No, really me today. My only saving grace was that my boss spent all day facing me making noises as if he was being stabbed every few minutes, and his boss' boss had her face in her hands, which were on the desk, when I came in, and she left at 11.

No, really me today. My only saving grace was that my boss spent all day facing me making noises as if he was being stabbed every few minutes, and his boss' boss had her face in her hands, which were on the desk, when I came in, and she left at 11.

I was the same first thing.

As for Ricketts, I'm with jsslatic. I suppose the morons with the famous song were probably the same who got on Leon Clarke's back. Hmm... Anything in common? :huh: Let's not go there eh? I'm guessing they're still in denial.

I was the same first thing.

As for Ricketts, I'm with jsslatic. I suppose the morons with the famous song were probably the same who got on Leon Clarke's back. Hmm... Anything in common? :huh: Let's not go there eh? I'm guessing they're still in denial.

You mean they're forwards? In the same way Jermaine Johnson and Leon Constantine were forwards, yes?

You mean they're forwards? In the same way Jermaine Johnson and Leon Constantine were forwards, yes?

JJ was a forward?! :shock:

There's something else they have in common which has been mentioned here often, and which many of us know is (sadly) still a factor, until the "afflicted" player is deemed to have done enough to earn his shirt. I've read (with it being before my time) that even Roger Palmer suffered the same at first.

Maybe Ricketts is a dick, and a Big Time Charlie. Fact is, he showed plenty of skill for us on the pitch, and many fans don't seem to recognise that. But I would agree that Boundary Park is no place for those who care more about Bentleys than football. He'll learn, but maybe not in time to save his career elsewhere.

Terrell Forbes on the other hand.... :angry: