Fluo Shirts Swapped

People who got the new away shirt can swap it for the new one when it is released, free of charge.

I bought the home shirt with Hillstones sponser on, expecting it to be the official shirt for the 2008-09 season, however the club arent saying they will exchange that one. WHY NOT?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to replace the sponsor on the home shirt ? and if they do would people with those shirts be entitled to a refund.

im glad someone else is in agreement.

why should we be expected to fork out another £40 for a new home shirt. Arent there laws that a home shirt has to last a minimum of 2 seasons or something?

I'm not sure about laws but most clubs do state that their home shirts will last for 2 seasons and im sure latics were one of these. Last week i bought a home shirt with Hughes 9 on the back and will not be happy if they replace the home shirt. Surely i am entitled to a refund or a swap.

I'm not sure about laws but most clubs do state that their home shirts will last for 2 seasons and im sure latics were one of these. Last week i bought a home shirt with Hughes 9 on the back and will not be happy if they replace the home shirt. Surely i am entitled to a refund or a swap.

i am in the same boat as you. even if people bought the shirt last season i dont think its acceptable to change the shirt without refunding/replacing the 2007-08 shirt people have bought

i am in the same boat as you. even if people bought the shirt last season i dont think its acceptable to change the shirt without refunding/replacing the 2007-08 shirt people have bought

Yep. How dare the club allow themselves to be sponsored by someone who's gone bust 2 years into their 3 year deal! Let's demand money from the club who've lost out on loads of sponsorship deals recently! That'll help us win promotion.

SHEZ OUT!

I dont think he is demanding money just merely the option to swap his shirt which would probably cost the club a couple of quid yet would be a very good gesture to a loyal fan who has just parted with £40 of his money to support his club, especially during this period of financial instability.

I dont think he is demanding money just merely the option to swap his shirt which would probably cost the club a couple of quid yet would be a very good gesture to a loyal fan who has just parted with £40 of his money to support his club, especially during this period of financial instability.

I think I see the word refund in his post...

Yep. How dare the club allow themselves to be sponsored by someone who's gone bust 2 years into their 3 year deal! Let's demand money from the club who've lost out on loads of sponsorship deals recently! That'll help us win promotion.

SHEZ OUT!

.... bought Black's LS shirt, then changes his number, changes Horners, changes Hillstone so I will have to buy a new one to be current. It's annoying .... but as jorvic says taking money out of the club won't help us get promoted.

Take the hit

Thanks Lordy, these shirts are made in bloody pakistan or whatever for about 50p

I think I see the word refund in his post...

Point taken however, I think the above post would seem to indicate that he is wanting a replacement shirt.

.... bought Black's LS shirt, then changes his number, changes Horners, changes Hillstone so I will have to buy a new one to be current. It's annoying .... but as jorvic says taking money out of the club won't help us get promoted.

Take the hit

I think anyone who buys the new home shirt is officially a mug. Stay away unless they are willing to exchange our Hillstone shirt

I think anyone who buys the new home shirt is officially a mug. Stay away unless they are willing to exchange our Hillstone shirt

I think that is a very extreme view. However as someone has just said i would enquire about swapping your shirt and see what the club have to say, like i said Alan Hardy is usually good at these matters.

Of course it will cost money, at least cost price of a new shirt.

50p rom Pakistan (lower down- from someone else) is a bit of an exacgeration.

If everyone did it, it would be £1,000's and bascially no new left back or Demar Phillips if you did have a refund, its as basic as that.

Edited by singe

I dont see how, how are people to know the clubs situation on sponsorship???

I bought 2 of my kids the Tangerine kit last week, both with Hillstones on it, do you really think i care???

As has been said by my esteemed colleague Jorvik, it all goes to the club!

I understand your point about the club losing money but i dont think 50p is that much of an exageration to be honest i happen to work for a cricket manufacturer and think 50p is probably about cost price for a replica football shirt these days.

I understand your point about the club losing money but i dont think 50p is that much of an exageration to be honest i happen to work for a cricket manufacturer and think 50p is probably about cost price for a replica football shirt these days.

There is no way the shirt costs 50p. It may be what the manufacturer gats paid but I work for the largest mail order comapny in the UK and even cost plus VAT on branded sportswear to our comany averages at £11 plus vat .... No retailer bar the brewers would have such a mark up and stay in business

There is no way the shirt costs 50p. It may be what the manufacturer gats paid but I work for the largest mail order comapny in the UK and even cost plus VAT on branded sportswear to our comany averages at £11 plus vat .... No retailer bar the brewers would have such a mark up and stay in business

anyone remember Mr Freddie Shepherd mocking fans for paying £50 for shirts ?

It's enough to make you weep. We wore the currentHillstones blue for a full season, it's part of the historical record of our kits. Are you afraid people will beat you up for having an out of date shirt or something?

not just the fact i may get beat up, but the fact there are laws that a club must keep a home shirt for at least 2 seasons. This is so loyal fans dont get ripped off, however OAFC seem to have got round this law, or have they ? Even if they have it is morally wrong that they expect us to pay £40 for a new shirt after the previous one lasted 12 months