North west final

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a pity the dopey commentator translated 'Ernie for England' into 'Philly for England'

Would have been an ideal opportunity for a mention of Ernie, especially as the only mention or even sound of fans has been the Oldham ones!

Not seen any flags on tv as of yet though

Just a pity the dopey commentator translated 'Ernie for England' into 'Philly for England'

Would have been an ideal opportunity for a mention of Ernie, especially as the only mention or even sound of fans has been the Oldham ones!

Not seen any flags on tv as of yet though

Yeah the support has been fantastic, non stop through every game.

Shame about the 'Ernie' chant, would have been great to give him a mention.

Not long been back. Superb performance by us!

Was good to see Simon Corney and Alan Hardy sit with the Oldham fans behind the goal who were excellent and took over the MEN Arena vocally.

Chants of Oh When The Blues on the ringway inside the arena were amazing haha.

Ye it was amazing! Loads of Oldham fans who made loads of noise, no atmosphere from any other supporters other than Oldham.

Ohh there was the 2 Blackburn fans in the middle of the Oldham fans, which added to the atmosphere.

Nice to see Stefan Stam also sat watching us :D

Proudest moments of my life...

1, Cup Final

2, Promtion to top flight

3, Semi Final 90

4, Semi Final 94

5, Great Escape...

6, Masters....

One of the best night ever following Oldham.... So proud of the team and the fans... We was amazing... Wont forget it for years...

Well Done all of you :D

Ernie for England :D

Edited by oafc0000

Proudest moments of my life...

1, Cup Final

2, Promtion to top flight

3, Semi Final 90

4, Semi Final 94

5, Great Escape...

6, Masters....

One of the best night ever following Oldham.... So proud of the team and the fans... We was amazing... Wont forget it for years...

Well Done all of you :D

Ernie for England :D

can anyone actually give the rest of us a summary of what went on?

Thank you

The fact we sang our hearts out for the full competiton was superb.

It also showed that no matter how well or bad we may do this season, if we are 7-0 up or 7-0 down there will always be supporters ready to chant and sing Ernie name to show that football is football and how much he meant to the club.

Great effort lads hopefully we can go one better next season. As for the Blackburn fan i thought the City supporter at the bottom was funnier.

Just a pity a few c**ts at the end of the final decided to kick off.

Just a pity a few c**ts at the end of the final decided to kick off.

What happened??

Went on right behind me but soon as I realised something was going down it was over... Someone said some Blackburn fans had thrown a pint at a Oldham girly... Dont know how true that was or what happened to cause it ???

What happened??

Went on right behind me but soon as I realised something was going down it was over... Someone said some Blackburn fans had thrown a pint at a Oldham girly... Dont know how true that was or what happened to cause it ???

You must of been sat a few seats from us i turned round and other supporters trying to break it up sadly the stewards seemed to evict those breaking up i saw the person throw a drink over her after it seemed to died down sure someone else will have a better account.

Still great night of football.

can anyone actually give the rest of us a summary of what went on?

Thank you

Oldham took a deserve 2-0 lead against Botlon.... Bolton seem to have a bit more pace and got it back to 2-1 and then a defensive mistake saw Bolton draw it 2-2

Oldham than took apart Blackburn 3-1 (i think, I was very driunk) Blackburn where by far the worse team of the night...followed closely by United!...

Very close final involving the best two teams on the night, could of gone either way. City edged it very slightly...again that bit more pace I felt... 1-0 city...

Great night and we did ourselfs proud on a national stage again...well done everyone!!!

Edited by oafc0000

Hallworth was superb tonight in the final Daz Sheridan got into a little tussle handbags we had a good penalty appeal turned down.

Blackburn where poor and at 2-0 against Bolton having been poor they came back and took the lead. Against Bolton game went in there favour after they where awarded a penalty.

Looking forwards to next years already.

Any chance did anyone happen to tape it?

Edited by oafctom

Hallworth was superb tonight in the final Daz Sheridan got into a little tussle handbags we had a good penalty appeal turned down.

Blackburn where poor and at 2-0 against Bolton having been poor they came back and took the lead. Against Bolton game went in there favour after they where awarded a penalty.

Looking forwards to next years already.

Any chance did anyone happen to tape it?

Hallworth was the best Keeper of the Night...

I thought Tony Phill and Daz Shez where are weak spots...

Its repeated at 2am on Sky Sports...Sky + set to record :D

What happened??

It was my missus who got soaked! And she is not impressed at all!

Basically, the wife is a red and has been for 30+ years and she has been a season ticket holder for a number of years! Anyway, she came with me & my mates tonight and despite knowing she was to be outnumbered she was intent on supporting United and anyone we played....as I would expect as I support all teams who play Utd (Except Chelsea in ECL) - Therefore, come the final my missus was sarcastically supporting City and cheered when they scored, just to wind us lot up! Anyway, this bloke 2 rows in front decides to take offence but does nothing until after the match and then came and squared up to my missus.....Not sure what the nobhead said but he managed to reduce her to tears and when I turned back and saw she was upset I went and had a word with the bloke....his mates tried sticking up for him without knowing the full story and then a pint came flying from nowhere!

Personally I think the guys a nob and a tw@ and the fact he picks on women makes him a lowlife scumbag as well!

It was my missus who got soaked! And she is not impressed at all!

Basically, the wife is a red and has been for 30+ years and she has been a season ticket holder for a number of years! Anyway, she came with me & my mates tonight and despite knowing she was to be outnumbered she was intent on supporting United and anyone we played....as I would expect as I support all teams who play Utd (Except Chelsea in ECL) - Therefore, come the final my missus was sarcastically supporting City and cheered when they scored, just to wind us lot up! Anyway, this bloke 2 rows in front decides to take offence but does nothing until after the match and then came and squared up to my missus.....Not sure what the nobhead said but he managed to reduce her to tears and when I turned back and saw she was upset I went and had a word with the bloke....his mates tried sticking up for him without knowing the full story and then a pint came flying from nowhere!

Personally I think the guys a nob and a tw@ and the fact he picks on women makes him a lowlife scumbag as well!

This was the masters....not a proper league game...no need for this...

Name and shame I say......

Anyone got a photo of the prick ?

Edited by oafc0000

Hallworth was the best Keeper of the Night...

I thought Tony Phill and Daz Shez where are weak spots...

Its repeated at 2am on Sky Sports...Sky + set to record :D

Thought daz shez played good.

It will also be repeated throughout the day tomorrow.