Top Posters In This Topic

Proudest moments of my life...

1, Cup Final

2, Promtion to top flight

3, Semi Final 90

4, Semi Final 94

5, Great Escape...

6, Masters....

One of the best night ever following Oldham.... So proud of the team and the fans... We was amazing... Wont forget it for years...

Well Done all of you :D

Ernie for England :D

Not been back long. You've summed up what I was going to say.

What a fantastic night! We showed what it means to support a small Club from the heart with real passion, pride and belief. The pent-up emotions over Ernie were released tonight and it was like a dam bursting.

I'm prouder than ever to have experienced that atmosphere created by the fans of this great Club.

The singing continued long after the end of the Final - in the Arena concourse, outside the Arena, in Victoria Station, in the streets and from the windows of passing cars. The display from the fans could not have been bettered, even if we ha won the Final. It's hard to describe what the atmosphere created by our fans was like tonight. It will never be forgotten.

11 out of 10 is not being over-generous.

:applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1:

Not been back long. You've summed up what I was going to say.

What a fantastic night! We showed what it means to support a small Club from the heart with real passion, pride and belief. The pent-up emotions over Ernie were released tonight and it was like a dam bursting.

I'm prouder than ever to have experienced that atmosphere created by the fans of this great Club.

The singing continued long after the end of the Final - in the Arena concourse, outside the Arena, in Victoria Station, in the streets and from the windows of passing cars. The display from the fans could not have been bettered, even if we ha won the Final. It's hard to describe what the atmosphere created by our fans was like tonight. It will never be forgotten.

11 out of 10 is not being over-generous.

:applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1:

The 'indoors' version of Forest away.

Know what you mean about the release of the Ernie sentiment. Although whoever mentioned above about the commentary on Sky is right...just watched it back and for some reason the guy thinks we were singing 'Philly for England' and proceeded to go on for a couple of minutes about just how great Tony Philliskirk is. It would have been great if he'd spoken about Ernie for two minutes instead.

I recorded it, can easily be put on a DVD now if anyone wants a copy?

(for a small price ^_^ )

Matty, I will have a copy.....if you are prepared to send it to OZ. Let me know what I need to do mate

Edited by L1onheart

Gutted I couldn't go to the Masters last night but my partner is due to give birth anyday now so I'm on a tight leash.

Watched the event on the tele and have to say that the Oldham fans there were superb.....very vocal. Every song I heard was an Oldham one.

Edited by Yard Dog

From Citeh’s Bluemoon Forum:

Dunninho

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:15 pm Post subject:

Just got back from the masters. …. Oldham fans grouped together and made loadsa noise. Im guna go the final, if anyone else fancies it we should try and get all city fans sat together like oldham did tonight to give us some presence!

barryo

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:15 pm Post subject:

Just got back

The Oldham fans had this planned for some time it seemed.

They had all congregated behind one goal and were singing all the way through.....

chorleybloo123

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:25 am Post subject:

I had seats next to the Oldham fans. They turned out well, it was like when Motherwell played in last years Grand Final they had the same seats.

leewill31

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:30 am Post subject:

it was a great night my little lad loved it,i was allso near the bloody oldham fans,i had laugh when a city fan yes just one tried to out sing all of the oldham fans but suprised me even more was that a steward asked him to stop it was only freindly banter the silly twats.oh cheers ric :)

eshiers1

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:13 am Post subject:

you were near the oldham fans?

i was in the middle of them!

i went with an oldham fan who knew they were going to group together...was a class atmosphere tho

Matty, I will have a copy.....if you are prepared to send it to OZ. Let me know what I need to do mate

It was on Setanta Sports in Australia if you have fox. I am sure they will repeat it, as they repeat nearly everything.

Why can't the atmosphere be that good at home games?

No reason if people ae prepared to show that pride, passion and support on a regular basis. It just needs a willingness to let their love for the Club come out vocally.

The more one does it, the more the throat gets used to it, and the early season hoarseness will pass with frequent use of the top-range vocal chords.

0305953.jpg

Vocalzone throat pastille is recommended for relief of irritations due to excessive speaking and singing.

It was my missus who got soaked! And she is not impressed at all!

Basically, the wife is a red and has been for 30+ years and she has been a season ticket holder for a number of years! Anyway, she came with me & my mates tonight and despite knowing she was to be outnumbered she was intent on supporting United and anyone we played....as I would expect as I support all teams who play Utd (Except Chelsea in ECL) - Therefore, come the final my missus was sarcastically supporting City and cheered when they scored, just to wind us lot up! Anyway, this bloke 2 rows in front decides to take offence but does nothing until after the match and then came and squared up to my missus.....Not sure what the nobhead said but he managed to reduce her to tears and when I turned back and saw she was upset I went and had a word with the bloke....his mates tried sticking up for him without knowing the full story and then a pint came flying from nowhere!

Personally I think the guys a nob and a tw@ and the fact he picks on women makes him a lowlife scumbag as well!

Mate that pint came from the old Rovers fan in the glasses we were just in front of him, was completely out of order! Cant understand why some people wanted to spoil it at the end when it had been such a good night.

The flags were up in the top corner miles away from the fans. The 10ft Ernie Flag was there, dwarfed by a massive one.

The 20ft flag said something like 'Oldham Athletic and Proud Of It'.

That sums up the night pretty well, I think.

The 20ft flag said something like 'Oldham Athletic and Proud Of It'.

That sums up the night pretty well, I think.

Last night has definately rekindled my love for the latics. I've been quite down on all things latics since our defeat V Huddersfield at home in the cup. Without wanting to drag up the past, I thought it was one of the most gutless, empty, embarrassing performances of my football watching life. Despite this, I grudgingly continued going to the home games, albeit not as passionately as previous seasons.

Personally speaking, last night was such a lift, I was proud of the fantastic support we gave the team, outsinging the Mancs in their own backyard. I'm proud to be an Oldham Athletic fan again for the first time in a while, so lets hope as supporters we can carry the fantastic performance on against Millwall and co.

Last night has definately rekindled my love for the latics. I've been quite down on all things latics since our defeat V Huddersfield at home in the cup. Without wanting to drag up the past, I thought it was one of the most gutless, empty, embarrassing performances of my football watching life. Despite this, I grudgingly continued going to the home games, albeit not as passionately as previous seasons.

Personally speaking, last night was such a lift, I was proud of the fantastic support we gave the team, outsinging the Mancs in their own backyard. I'm proud to be an Oldham Athletic fan again for the first time in a while, so lets hope as supporters we can carry the fantastic performance on against Millwall and co.

That's the spirit!

While you'e in this good mood, would you go as far as giving us back that penalty spot stolen from Wembley in 1977?

there was drama suspense ..... and the most dodgy utd kit !!! WTF was that it was orange !!!! I left our companies exec suite to sit in block 113 (I did try 109 but it was full by then. Our fans were magnificent.Whilst people in fromt of me (citeh and red scum) were quiet all through the Latics boys did us proud, The first rendition of Ernie for England nearly reduced me to tears. . . the win it for Ernie chant was superb..... but till we play bastard rovers .... sung with venom to the three BR fans in 109 was ... absoloutly perfect. I spotted Leezy with his son singing his heart out :) . Last but by no means least the team

Hallworth .... 10

Daz Shez .... 9

Tommy Wright .. 9

Lee Duxbury ... 10

Tony P ......... 8

Mike Milligan ... 10

Rick Holden ... 8

Andy Ritchie ... 8

Team Effort 20000000000000000000

The rest

utd ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Bast rovers very very poor (but lest nich Warhurst next year)

Leeds ... LMFAO rubbish

City .. goddam lucky

Bolton .. quick and strong (charlton next year ;) )

Special mention to the Leeds cheerleader .... OMFG will you marry me