Amazing Amazing night

What a great night i have had!

I was sat at the back right corner of 109 it was amazing. The Latics fans for me tonight give me a sense of pride to be from Oldham . The night was amazing till it got even better. Mr Corney had to be moved from the top tier "in the words of Alan Hardy What a jobsworth!" Simon Corney and Alan Hardy came and sat in mine and my brothers seat Mr Corney said to me " o sorry am I in your seat?" I was like " no no no please dont worry about it!!!

Asked him about Delmar Phillips he said " I like him, Alan likes him , so its up to John " He said a deal should be made by next week

WOW end of the day the fact the owner mixed with the fans said alot to me!!!!!

What an amazing night.

STEFAN STAM STAM STAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I was sat at the back right corner of 109 it was amazing. The Latics fans for me tonight give me a sense of pride to be from Oldham . The night was amazing till it got even better. Mr Corney had to be moved from the top tier "in the words of Alan Hardy What a jobsworth!" Simon Corney and Alan Hardy came and sat in mine and my brothers seat Mr Corney said to me " o sorry am I in your seat?" I was like " no no no please dont worry about it!!!

Asked him about Delmar Phillips he said " I like him, Alan likes him , so its up to John " He said a deal should be made by next week

What an amazing night.

Agree completely. You wouldn't see Malcolm Glazor or Taskin Sinawatra (or however you spell it), mixing with the fans at an event like that. Neither would you see a current player going to watch the team he plays for.

Says a lot about supporting a smaller club, the fact that fans have the chance to meet and talk to others deeply involved with the club.

That night will be remembered as a night for Ernie, I thought it was fantastic the amount we sung for him.

THERES ONLY ONE ERNIE COOKSEY!

Just watched the recording on TV, brilliant stuff, never heard owt like it in the Masters.

The commentators kept mentioning the Oldham support, and kept pointing the camera at you lot.

They had a good chuckle at those Blackburn fans sat in the middle of you all too! :D

As far as the football itself goes, well the result didn't matter much in the end did it, it was just good to see them play as well as they did, and Tommy Wright and Mike Milligan scored a beauty each didn't they!

Stitch made sure to mention the fans too, as you'd expect, as well as regretting not training for it as much as he could. Tonight showed why our former players speak so highly of Latics, and indeed choose to play for our Masters rather than any of the other sides. Top stuff.

One thing's for sure, Oldham will be the first team chosen to be in it next year after that, pat yourselves on the back everyone! :dance:

What an amazing night.

It's top notch that the owner is willing to come and sit and mill around with the fans. Like when SC and SB stood with the fans at Bristol this year...they're there because they want to be there and I think they enjoy the 'supporters' side of the job...that's why they wanted to be involved in football and with Oldham and SC does his best to engage with the fans whenever possible. It's not like when Mike Ashley sits with the Newcastle fans with his 'King Kev' shirt on...it's not about publicity and trying to get the fans to like you...they seem to genuinely like the club and the fans and want to be around them.

SC and AH showed no qualms in talking to the fans when they were spotted during the Leeds/City game, it was nice to meet them both and have my photo taken with SC, who was more than happy to oblige. Top guys the two of them and as much a credit to the club as the fans and players were tonight.

It's top notch that the owner is willing to come and sit and mill around with the fans. Like when SC and SB stood with the fans at Bristol this year...they're there because they want to be there and I think they enjoy the 'supporters' side of the job...that's why they wanted to be involved in football and with Oldham and SC does his best to engage with the fans whenever possible. It's not like when Mike Ashley sits with the Newcastle fans with his 'King Kev' shirt on...it's not about publicity and trying to get the fans to like you...they seem to genuinely like the club and the fans and want to be around them.

SC and AH showed no qualms in talking to the fans when they were spotted during the Leeds/City game, it was nice to meet them both and have my photo taken with SC, who was more than happy to oblige. Top guys the two of them and as much a credit to the club as the fans and players were tonight.

I noticed simon so started to do a solitary, "one simon corney" chant. Those infront turned around and decided to burst into a "sack the board." - Luckily Corney saw the funny side. :lol::lol:

Hardy loved his chant.......infact he was milking it for all he could. :lol:

Bit like Stam.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

It's top notch that the owner is willing to come and sit and mill around with the fans. Like when SC and SB stood with the fans at Bristol this year...they're there because they want to be there and I think they enjoy the 'supporters' side of the job...that's why they wanted to be involved in football and with Oldham and SC does his best to engage with the fans whenever possible.

I also think its ace.. At the same time i also wonder what they are thinking....the support we have is fanatical. Tonight was brilliant. What a top night. But at the same time they must think "why is the rest of oldham not as ace as this lot?!?!?"

Tonight was mega!

I was sat at the back right corner of 109 it was amazing. The Latics fans for me tonight give me a sense of pride to be from Oldham . The night was amazing till it got even better. Mr Corney had to be moved from the top tier "in the words of Alan Hardy What a jobsworth!"

Was the jobsworth steward from Bolton?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXoKMKJOao

What I liked most about it was the size and vocal nature of our support clearly upset all the Utd and City fans, they definitely were not a happy bunch.

There's something in the mentality of your average red that they like to be part of the biggest gang in town. On Saturday they weren't!!

:bluearmy:

There's something in the mentality of your average red that they like to be part of the biggest gang in town. On Saturday they weren't!!

:bluearmy:

They didn't know what to do did they? I think they resorted to watching us (latics fans) instead of their games. They can't be used to an atmosphere can they? :wink:

Credit must go to BigFin for suggesting Block 109. I wasn't sure how many had read this but as soon as Block 109 opened there was a wave of blue heading straight up the tunnel off the concourse. I knew then that word had got round!

As with the organisation of the march, the power of owtb.co.uk cannot be underestimated!!!!

:applause1:

Credit must go to BigFin for suggesting Block 109. I wasn't sure how many had read this but as soon as Block 109 opened there was a wave of blue heading straight up the tunnel off the concourse. I knew then that word had got round!

As with the organisation of the march, the power of owtb.co.uk cannot be underestimated!!!!

:applause1:

I just saw a que and headed for it!

I even hid my WKD bottles thinking you wernt allowed them in and started chatting Big fins mum up! (i was slightly tipsy at that point!)

Oh and i remember some crackhead girl giving me Clare and Will abuse but it wasnt really abuse, as she said something like "Get back to wherever your from (as she squinted at our shirts!)"

Oh and i remember some crackhead girl giving me Clare and Will abuse but it wasnt really abuse, as she said something like "Get back to wherever your from (as she squinted at our shirts!)"

I don't remember that!

How can you not remember that random girl shouting at us as we walked past all the goths and freaks on that grass!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! It's all coming flooding back. I vaguely remember shouting some sort of abuse back. I was arseholed by that point, I have to say. Although standing next to you made me feel quite sober :grin:.