Longest serving player

I was just reading about the Masters, and saw that Stam turned up and sat with the fans. It got me thinking, he is pretty good for that sort of thing - he also stood with us away at Blackpool in the play-offs, and was at Ernie's funeral despite their times at the club not crossing (I'm fairly sure). He wouldn't be my first choice centre half with what we have at the moment but it's good to see a player who must feel that he is part of the club and puts his time aside when he could be on the beach. Then, it occurred to me that he is actually our longest serving player. Granted Ratters was here first but am I right that Stefan has been here uninterrupted for longer than anyone else?

I was just reading about the Masters, and saw that Stam turned up and sat with the fans. It got me thinking, he is pretty good for that sort of thing - he also stood with us away at Blackpool in the play-offs, and was at Ernie's funeral despite their times at the club not crossing (I'm fairly sure). He wouldn't be my first choice centre half with what we have at the moment but it's good to see a player who must feel that he is part of the club and puts his time aside when he could be on the beach. Then, it occurred to me that he is actually our longest serving player. Granted Ratters was here first but am I right that Stefan has been here uninterrupted for longer than anyone else?

Did you forget to mention Mrs. Stam when heaping all that paise? :wink:

Did you forget to mention Mrs. Stam when heaping all that paise? :wink:

Mrs Stam was certainly at both Blackpool away and Ernie's funeral, I can't speak for the Masters. She is definitely worthy of any praise that is going though :wub:

Mrs Stam was certainly at both Blackpool away and Ernie's funeral, I can't speak for the Masters. She is definitely worthy of any praise that is going though

Good news for you lot- I'm postitive they've split up. :wink:

Bad news for you lot- I am also sure she's gone back to Holland. :blush:

Edited by Xander_OAFC

Good news for you lot- I'm postitive they've split up.

Bad news for you lot- I am also sure she's gone back to Holland. :blush:

I'm sure Mr Exile said she was from Birmingham? And as I say, she was most definitely there on Monday.

He was at Huddersfield away as well.

Guest oa_exile

Dont want to take anything away from Stefan because he is a top Lad BUT I think you will find that Wolfy is the longest serving player at the club at the moment.

I'm sure Mr Exile said she was from Birmingham? And as I say, she was most definitely there on Monday.

Unless he has a new lady in his life then indeed his girlfried is a brummy.

Dont want to take anything away from Stefan because he is a top Lad BUT I think you will find that Wolfy is the longest serving player at the club at the moment.

Unless he has a new lady in his life then indeed his girlfried is a brummy.

Suppose so with Wolfy, but Stam must have played for the firsts first?

And it's the same lass that was at Blackpool.

I was sat a bit away from the main body of latics fans, however, my girlfriend who was sat nearer to him asked him to give us a wave, and he duely obliged. We then started a chant of who needs Jaap Stam, we've got Stefan, much to his embarrassment. Her cousin got me his autograph too - a bit sad I know, but I don't care. :grin:

I was sat a bit away from the main body of latics fans, however, my girlfriend who was sat nearer to him asked him to give us a wave, and he duely obliged. We then started a chant of who needs Jaap Stam, we've got Stefan, much to his embarrassment. Her cousin got me his autograph too - a bit sad I know, but I don't care. :grin:

Isn't stam our longest serving professional player?? At the time wasn't Wolfy only on a youth contract?

Lomax came on at Notts County in 04 as well.

I'm definitely with Ste1987 on this one. Pro player only, therefore I was right all along :wink:

The last player I can think of being spoken as our longest serving player was of course none other than the Legend that is, BOSH!!!, so I guess it is a double edged sword.