leeds tickets

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will you do instead?? Be watching the idiot box will you?? With your low nipples.....

Listen 'ere sonny. If you don't go and shout for the boys at Elland Road I will steal your garden.

Blimey.....looks like my job has finally driven me up the wall.

No more David Firth for Stitch.

What's the script for the Leeds Tickets...meaning on sale to ST Holders till when?, canna find it on OS.

providing you have either a mortgage in place or bank notice that the funds will be granted then S/T holders have until 9th Aug to buy one. We have 2,000 seats with another 500 or so if needed.

They go on open sale after that and hopefully they will be able to return at least 1986 tickets to Leeds and tell them where to stuff them.

Edited by losesome

providing you have either a mortgage in place or bank notice that the funds will be granted then S/T holders have until 9th Aug to buy one. We have 2,000 seats with another 500 or so if needed.

They go on open sale after that and hopefully they will be able to return at least 1986 tickets to Leeds and tell them where to stuff them.

It's actually 1,500 seats, plus 500 if needed.

I think these are on sale to S/T's until about the middle of next week then they will go on open sale. Get 'em in before the Millwall game, innit?

What annoys me about this sort of game, it is the sort where some of our fans who normally cannot be bothered to attend away will game may decide to.

Where someone like myself without a season ticket but makes the trips to Grimsby and Rhyl could end up missing out. £27 or not for some fans they wont mind paying that if it is there only away game apart from Rochdale.

There should be some sort of database so the club and keep track of the ones who go to most away matches and give them first chance alongside season ticket holders.

Nah...sorry...but I paid my £300+...I don't see the book as just 23 vouchers for home games...I see it as my right for first come, first served on the limited tickets elsewhere too. Also, my right to get in to reserve games (although, not sure how that works this season.)

As is said, been done to death. If you want first dibs, save the money, use the credit scheme and just basically get prepared for May when every single year, amazingly, season tickets go sale!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Nah...sorry...but I paid my £300+...I don't see the book as just 23 vouchers for home games...I see it as my right for first come, first served on the limited tickets elsewhere too. Also, my right to get in to reserve games (although, not sure how that works this season.)

As is said, been done to death. If you want first dibs, save the money, use the credit scheme and just basically get prepared for May when every single year, amazingly, season tickets go sale!

even easier now that you can use a credit card to purchase your ticket...albiet at an extra £6 or so...

Not knocking you getting a ST and had one myself the last few years had a ST. This year not did'nt get one as it will cost me over 100quid for each home game, yet will still manage 35+ games this year.... so why is there not a scheme that allows reg followers to gain points and have the same rights as a ST holder ???? Is it not my right traveling on avergae 300 miles for every Latics game to get a ticket???

Why as someone who will go to more games that the average ST holder does have to take pot luck for Leeds as its a big game? Will you be there on a Tuesday at Bristol???

... I could buy a ST easy if I wanted so no big deal.

Yes its been done to death so what? Being a ST holder doesn't mean your special mate

Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. They're always available somehow, there'll be people on here a couple of days before the game offering spare tickets etc...fingers crossed I can get one on the 8th but if not I won't panic just yet.

Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. They're always available somehow, there'll be people on here a couple of days before the game offering spare tickets etc...fingers crossed I can get one on the 8th but if not I won't panic just yet.

Totally agree if you want one you will get one....... but ST holders still moan about the price so not going and I suspect they will only go away once or twice and probally got all the tickets in for the lashers in the play-offs after going to three / four away games. Try talking with a dozen

OASIS members panicing about tickets after we had to buy tickets for trains before the cheap ones get booked. It drives me mad ...

Do you really want to put £27 in Bates grubby greedy hands.

I certainly don't and wont be going.

What a stupid comment.

So you'll go to the other 45 league games but won't go to Leeds because you don't want to put £27 in Bates pocket.

I've never heard anything so daft in all my life.

You actually might want to go to support the Latics regardless of what you think of Bates or Leeds.

:clown::wacko:

I've got mine and didn't need a bank loan or re-mortgage, I work so therefore can afford it.

If your attitude was correct then why bother going watching Latics in any away game just send all the tickets back and tell them where to shove them.

Oh but that would mean that the team go unsupported at all away games, damn it I knew there was a flaw in that arguement.

Well said.

If there was no benefit/priority to ST holders then the club would have very few and wouldn't be getting all that important cash up front in the summer.

I have a ST and expect to always get priority over none ST holders for cup game and away game tickets, its one of the reasons I buy a ST to guarantee me a ticket for these games otherwise whats the point, I can just pitch up and pay on the day for any Latics home game, we virtually never have a full house.

Automated turnstile + £27 + no student discount = buying a kids ticket and hoping to get away with it?!

I have heard that some people have got away with buying the kids ticket but I’d watch out. When you scan the barcode, if it’s an adults it the scanner flashes once and if it’s a childs it flashes twice, so they don’t actually have to see your ticket.

Oh but that would mean that the team go unsupported at all away games, damn it I knew there was a flaw in that arguement.

My throat is only just recovering from the Masters. By going to home and away games and singing, it keeps the voice box exercised. If I only went to home games, it would be a shock to the voice every two weeks and more of a strain to sing.......

..........so that's why it's quiet at BP? :mmm:

Well said.

If there was no benefit/priority to ST holders then the club would have very few and wouldn't be getting all that important cash up front in the summer.

I have a ST and expect to always get priority over none ST holders for cup game and away game tickets, its one of the reasons I buy a ST to guarantee me a ticket for these games otherwise whats the point, I can just pitch up and pay on the day for any Latics home game, we virtually never have a full house.

But if you turn up on the day you pay more.

I can't believe that priority on tickets is a reason for Oldham fans to get a season ticket. Those who don't get a ST either do so as they can't afford it or they don't go to enough home games for it to be worthwhile. Those who do, do so for cost benefits. End of story.

The desperate scramble for tickets can be disconcerting. I mean, I positively leapt for the phone days after the Dale tickets went out on open sale.

Not knocking you getting a ST and had one myself the last few years had a ST. This year not did'nt get one as it will cost me over 100quid for each home game, yet will still manage 35+ games this year.... so why is there not a scheme that allows reg followers to gain points and have the same rights as a ST holder ???? Is it not my right traveling on avergae 300 miles for every Latics game to get a ticket???

Why as someone who will go to more games that the average ST holder does have to take pot luck for Leeds as its a big game? Will you be there on a Tuesday at Bristol???

... I could buy a ST easy if I wanted so no big deal.

Yes its been done to death so what? Being a ST holder doesn't mean your special mate

I'm totally sympathetic to your situation, having done the living down south thing and still trying to follow the team. But at the end of the day, the benefits should, and do, go to the ones who are pumping their money into Latics's coffers, not the Away Teams'. Basically, at the end of the day that's the ST holders who are paying up front, at a time when the club vitally needs funds.

QUOTE(losesome @ Jul 28 2008, 20:16 PM)

Do you really want to put £27 in Bates grubby greedy hands.

I certainly don't and wont be going.

What a stupid comment.

So you'll go to the other 45 league games but won't go to Leeds because you don't want to put £27 in Bates pocket.

I've never heard anything so daft in all my life.

You actually might want to go to support the Latics regardless of what you think of Bates or Leeds.

:clown::wacko:

Hang on a minute, why is that a stupid comment? He/she thinks £27 is too much to pay (I personally think it's an utter piss-take) for third division football and he/she is exercising their right to vote with their feet and hope s others do the same. What's the problem?

It's no frickin wonder Leeds were able to pay Andy Robinson a £200,000 signing on fee when you've got the audacity to charge £27 for third division football!

I'm totally sympathetic to your situation, having done the living down south thing and still trying to follow the team. But at the end of the day, the benefits should, and do, go to the ones who are pumping their money into Latics's coffers, not the Away Teams'. Basically, at the end of the day that's the ST holders who are paying up front, at a time when the club vitally needs funds.

Yep, whilst those of us who follow the team 'all over' contribute to supporting the team, travelling to say 15-20 or so away games per season (as I've done for the last 15 years) benefits the team in helping to lift them, but not the club in financial terms. Those that buy season tickets deserve a sweetener as many say, tbh at a club like Latics you don't really need to fork out three hundred quid + to ensure your seat every week as usually we don't get a seat...........we get a row! However those that do are putting their money where their mouths are and usually well in advance of the season beginning, to ensure the club receives significant income during the difficult summer months. I've also done it the other way and did not have a ST for 7 years, yet I still paid in every week and spent far more than a ST holder over the season, however when it came to priority I just had to accept that ST holders get first refusal, its disappointing but usually I've got my hands on a ticket anyway. I really wouldn't panic at £27 quid a throw I'm sure there'll be plenty left.