leeds tickets

QUOTE(losesome @ Jul 28 2008, 20:16 PM)

Do you really want to put £27 in Bates grubby greedy hands.

I certainly don't and wont be going.

Hang on a minute, why is that a stupid comment? He/she thinks £27 is too much to pay (I personally think it's an utter piss-take) for third division football and he/she is exercising their right to vote with their feet and hope s others do the same. What's the problem?

It's no frickin wonder Leeds were able to pay Andy Robinson a £200,000 signing on fee when you've got the audacity to charge £27 for third division football!

I agree the tickets are overpriced, but I interpreted the comment to mean that even if the tickets were say £15 he/she still wouldn't go as it would still be putting money in Bates's pocket (which I do think is stupid). Maybe I have misunderstood. :dunce:

Bates just happens to be Leeds chairman but the Leeds Chairman could be anyone, surely he/she wouldn't go just because its Bates and Leeds.

To me it doesn't matter what I think of the opposition or the Chairman, I go because I want to watch Latics and support them (maybe its just me).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first ever ST last year, would have got one this year but it seems not to have been processed and I’m not going to be fussed with chasing it up. I’ll spend more over the season and go to fewer matches I dare say but it’s not a big deal. I honestly don’t believe I will fail to get into any game I really want to go to until we are back in the Premiership so I’m not losing sleep over it. I’ve no problem with them getting priority for tickets, if it encourages people to commit their money for the security of being at the front of the queue when sales open then fine, I will still get to the front of the queue at some stage so everyone’s happy.

I agree the tickets are overpriced, but I interpreted the comment to mean that even if the tickets were say £15 he/she still wouldn't go as it would still be putting money in Bates's pocket (which I do think is stupid). Maybe I have misunderstood. :dunce:

Bates just happens to be Leeds chairman but the Leeds Chairman could be anyone, surely he/she wouldn't go just because its Bates and Leeds.

To me it doesn't matter what I think of the opposition or the Chairman, I go because I want to watch Latics and support them (maybe its just me).

If it is the case that loseome wouldn't go even if it was £15 or whatever, then yeah, I'd agree with you. I strongly suspect it's more about the fact that Leeds had their cake and ate it and now want it again after showing a flagrant disregard for the rules over their period in administration, and now expect visiting fans to help them pay for it.

For what it's worth I think Bates is a despicable, horrible little turd who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club again!

But if you turn up on the day you pay more.

I can't believe that priority on tickets is a reason for Oldham fans to get a season ticket. Those who don't get a ST either do so as they can't afford it or they don't go to enough home games for it to be worthwhile. Those who do, do so for cost benefits. End of story.

The desperate scramble for tickets can be disconcerting. I mean, I positively leapt for the phone days after the Dale tickets went out on open sale.

TBH that is one of the reasons I get a season ticket (for matches such as the Blackpool away play-off game).

Entry being more expensive on the day to me is negated by the fact that I often have to miss an odd home game a season due to holidays and sometimes work commitments.

For what it's worth I think Bates is a despicable, horrible little turd who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club again!

Is it only me who thinks it’s a good thing that Bates is in charge at Leeds? Given that Ridsdale has a job already and Barry Fry is winding down, he’s about the best man for the job. Assuming Graeme Souness doesn’t fancy moving upstairs.

If it is the case that loseome wouldn't go even if it was £15 or whatever, then yeah, I'd agree with you. I strongly suspect it's more about the fact that Leeds had their cake and ate it and now want it again after showing a flagrant disregard for the rules over their period in administration, and now expect visiting fans to help them pay for it.

I agree 100% regarding Bates.

Dont they also have to charge these extortionate rates to the home supporters aswell as away fans as surely they cant have a seperate pricing policy for visiting fans and home fans, so in doing so they are penalising there own supporters.

I'm not a season ticket holder for one reason and that's cost-effectiveness as its simply not worth me paying out £330 to attend around 13 home games (especially as I'm elegible for a student discount). I know that some people may buy a season ticket for the fact that they can get priority over other ticket holders for big away games but realistically there can't be too much more than a handful that do this. Strangely enough in the past few seasons the two big away games my Dad went to were Everton and Leeds last year but he has a season ticket yet still went to the likes of Northampton and Luton away last year. It seems that there could be a few season ticket holders that don't go to some of the bigger aways, don't go to all the aways but do go to some of the smaller ones (and might not go to every home game). Is the support of people like my Dad more valuable than those people who go to a similar number of games but in a different combination of home/away games I don't think so.

As I mentioned before a free scheme whereby people who go to more away games than home (usually exiles) can sign up to have the same priority rights as season ticket holders wouldn't be viable. However, due to demand the club introduced a student scheme and it costs £13 to join would people be willing to pay £13 to join something that would only be useful once or twice a year but meant that they had similar priority rights as a season ticket holder, I personally wouldn't but others might.

QUOTE(losesome @ Jul 28 2008, 20:16 PM)

It's no frickin wonder Leeds were able to pay Andy Robinson a £200,000 signing on fee when you've got the audacity to charge £27 for third division football!

By the same token the Leeds fans wouldnt be able to watch Robinson week in week out without the higher ticket prices. At the end of the day it's 23% more expensive than the Tranmere game will be. £27 take it or leave it.......myself id happily pay because to me the money is nothing more than a voucher to get into the game.......in my head it is good for nothing else but my admission to the match. But please lets not have all the misers bleating about the extra fiver on here. It's been pointed out and is now a boring and pointless discussion. Besides, whatever your financial position, if you can afford £20 then you can afford £27.

Just as an update...spoke to the TO before about another matter but asked about Dale and Leeds tickets...1300 Dale tickets left, and Leeds tickets aren't selling too well because of high prices (which means apparently people who can't get to BP on Friday 8th will be able to call up and buy them, but if there's only a few left they won't accept phone bookings).

I agree 100% regarding Bates.

Dont they also have to charge these extortionate rates to the home supporters aswell as away fans as surely they cant have a seperate pricing policy for visiting fans and home fans, so in doing so they are penalising there own supporters.

Agreed, but the Leeds fans are at least reaping the benefits of having these more expensive players actually playing FOR them than against them.

Agreed, but the Leeds fans are at least reaping the benefits of having these more expensive players actually playing FOR them than against them.

It's only because of the large fanbase they have that they can screw their own fans like this and still get big crowds, can you imagine bumping the prices at BP up like that? There'd be about 1000 sat watching.

By the same token the Leeds fans wouldnt be able to watch Robinson week in week out without the higher ticket prices. At the end of the day it's 23% more expensive than the Tranmere game will be. £27 take it or leave it.......myself id happily pay because to me the money is nothing more than a voucher to get into the game.......in my head it is good for nothing else but my admission to the match. But please lets not have all the misers bleating about the extra fiver on here. It's been pointed out and is now a boring and pointless discussion. Besides, whatever your financial position, if you can afford £20 then you can afford £27.

How is it pointless and boring? If people want to make a stand bacause they feel it's too much to pay then why not?

I don't have a problem with affording the £27 - I wouldn't have a problem affording it if it were double that but that's not really the point. The point is, where do you draw the line at what is and isn't acceptable? Would it still be acceptable if it were £35 and Leeds were signing even better players? Or £45 and they were able to attract top championship/lower prem players on those entrance fees?

I still maintain that if people decide that paying £27 to watch Leeds v Oldham, particularly in view of the fact that one the back of this Leeds are much more capable of offering bigger/better contracts than Latics, then people should be allowed to boycott or whatever on those ground. By the same token, if you're happy to pay it then hey, you pays your money!

That's fair enough. Just hope our own board don't have those thoughts :wink:

I meant as a one off but point taken.

Watched the Hull game with a Hull fan.

It's cheaper to watch Hull in the Premiership this season than it is to watch Leeds in League One.

I bet Hull aren't the only ones.

Is the support of people like my Dad more valuable than those people who go to a similar number of games but in a different combination of home/away games I don't think so.

Sorry but I think that is the point here, Basically 20 x £20 in the coffers of Latics IS more valuable than 10 x £20 in Latic's coffers plus £27 to Leeds plus £20 to Northampton plus etc etc etc.

I would be the last person to discourage trips to away games, and also oafcprozac made a good point about the non-financial benefits of away support. But at the end of the day Latics are always going to benefit more from the turnstiles clicking at Boundary Park, which is exactly why we are still stuck in League One - our pretty poor attendance level!

Watched the Hull game with a Hull fan.

It's cheaper to watch Hull in the Premiership this season than it is to watch Leeds in League One.

I would happily pay a premium of £10 on any given day of the year not to be in Hull though.

How is it pointless and boring? If people want to make a stand bacause they feel it's too much to pay then why not?

I don't have a problem with affording the £27 - I wouldn't have a problem affording it if it were double that but that's not really the point. The point is, where do you draw the line at what is and isn't acceptable? Would it still be acceptable if it were £35 and Leeds were signing even better players? Or £45 and they were able to attract top championship/lower prem players on those entrance fees?

I still maintain that if people decide that paying £27 to watch Leeds v Oldham, particularly in view of the fact that one the back of this Leeds are much more capable of offering bigger/better contracts than Latics, then people should be allowed to boycott or whatever on those ground. By the same token, if you're happy to pay it then hey, you pays your money!

On reflection although it seems boring and pointless to me it clearly isn't to others so please carry on.......my apologies.

By the way Leeds' bigger budget is hardly just down to them charging an extra fiver to get in......it's because their gate and, even more so, support, dwarves anybody elses in this league. Without Leicester it is probably bigger than the other 22 clubs support put together! To me they are the biggest draw and so fairly charge the most for tickets....regardless of division.

Sorry but I think that is the point here, Basically 20 x £20 in the coffers of Latics IS more valuable than 10 x £20 in Latic's coffers plus £27 to Leeds plus £20 to Northampton plus etc etc etc.

I would be the last person to discourage trips to away games, and also oafcprozac made a good point about the non-financial benefits of away support. But at the end of the day Latics are always going to benefit more from the turnstiles clicking at Boundary Park, which is exactly why we are still stuck in League One - our pretty poor attendance level!

Fair enough it was something that I somehow hadn't managed to consider when I was suggesting that it was more in terms of the vocal support. Probably because my Dad's a season ticket holder but won't get the same value out of his season ticket as someone who goes to all the home games (as opposed to missing three or four). But for non season ticket holders your argument does hold true.

I would happily pay a premium of £10 on any given day of the year not to be in Hull though.

I worked in Hull for 3 years, but lived in Beverley becuase of the 'appeal' that Hull has.

Though the KC stadium is one of my favourite new stadiums - much better than Elland Road.

I won't be going because of the very high price plus am going to Rochdale so am happy. Last season l went to Everton instead. They would have a bigger attendance if they brought there prices down so this would benefit them in more ways than one.