hull will get less points than derby

in particular i like the look of o grady looks strong and links up well. Fleming what an awesome save for me a must start he looks more agile than crossley. Phillips we should sign him but play him left wing he was out of sorts at left back although not his fault. But all in all we have reason to be optimistic

I think Hull played a fair few trialists. Agree O'Grady looked the business though. Also thought Maher looked good, although a good player not having the best of games! Philips was okay until he moved to full-back.

Edit - seems the 'trialists' were new signings! Not looking good for Hull....

Edited by Stitch_KTF

in particular i like the look of o grady looks strong and links up well. Fleming what an awesome save for me a must start he looks more agile than crossley. Phillips we should sign him but play him left wing he was out of sorts at left back although not his fault. But all in all we have reason to be optimistic

I thought Phillips looked solid at left back, especially as I was very skeptical when I first saw he would start the second half there.

Since Taylor has played at LB too, the options for changing over and overlapping between the two looked good, something that maybe would grow with time and understanding together.

I think Hull played a fair few trialists. Agree O'Grady looked the business though. Also thought Maher looked good, although a good player not having the best of games! Philips was okay until he moved to full-back.

From your official site the Hull team is all players what are signed to the club. you reckon you'l sign philips then i hope you do as he needs 1st team action

From your official site the Hull team is all players what are signed to the club. you reckon you'l sign philips then i hope you do as he needs 1st team action

Beat ya to it :wink:

There were a few players whos number was left blank in the programme that's why I thought they were trialists.

As for Philips I think we will. I only saw him tonight but it seems he played well in his previous games and he wasnt bad tonight. Seemed confident and commited.

From the chat we played very well. Can't complain with a 4-0 win, even if Hughesy did sod all after his 20 min hat trick...Shez has some tough decisions as to whether or not to kep him in his starting XI if he can't keep going for 90. I still want to see this goal he scored from the half way line.

Negatives, well Rubes getting sent off and Greegs breaking his neck isn't ideal preparation for Millwall, but apparently SuperPhysio reckons it's only a small break and he'll be back in training by next week.

Yup wasn't too impressed with Hull really but I'm sure they'll be a lot better in the prem. Boateng was garbage.

We looked pretty decent tonight, O Grady looks like a fantastic signing, great on the ball, played some wicked balls across the goal inviting someone to just put them away. I'm really unsure about Phillips though, good footballer yes, very comical as well but he doesn't to have a clue where he should be on the field, kept drifting too far inwards in the first-half, moving him to left-back was a pointless exercise as well. Going off his first-half performance I just don't think he's good enough. Lomax was alright as well but could have done better preventing the cross that led to the Hull goal? Back to the drawing board Shez, we need some good left-sided players. Flemings saves were awesome!

phillips is NOT a left back.

not now or ever.

i'm thinking shez put him there second half to chuck him in at the deep end and see how he coped with pressure,as well as giving him 90 mins.

he'd be a very last resort left back,but nothing more.

he'll have more fun on the wing ,especially in this division.

TBH,i can see shez looking elsewhere,he'd be a great squad player,but he won't be in the first 11 every week..

Yup wasn't too impressed with Hull really but I'm sure they'll be a lot better in the prem. Boateng was garbage.

We looked pretty decent tonight, O Grady looks like a fantastic signing, great on the ball, played some wicked balls across the goal inviting someone to just put them away. I'm really unsure about Phillips though, good footballer yes, very comical as well but he doesn't to have a clue where he should be on the field, kept drifting too far inwards in the first-half, moving him to left-back was a pointless exercise as well. Going off his first-half performance I just don't think he's good enough. Lomax was alright as well but could have done better preventing the cross that led to the Hull goal? Back to the drawing board Shez, we need some good left-sided players. Flemings saves were awesome!

Yeah agree with that. Phillips looks a very good team player, but does not actually seem to know where the left wing is. O'Grady looks very good, dont know what the Rotherham fans were talking about. But Hull will go down, they are not going to score goals.

Yeah another good game. I think we gave them a bit too much respect in the first 15 mins but then we settled. O'Grady looked sharp again and seems to have a good connection with Davies. Flemings double save in the second half was amazing. Phillips needs to be signed. He did look a bit shaky at first at left back but did look good when he settled and to be fair he played left wing first half. I think he could def play there if needed.

Taylor looked ok

Gregan and Stam looked solid in the second half. Hazel played well but Stam has looked sharper

Eardley looked ok, felt sorry him as Shez was on his back for most of the game and it seemed to put his head down every time he shouted at him.

Crossley looked decent but Fleming looked the better option.

Allott was solid, quiet but got more into it as the game got on.

Maher was solid also, didnt do anything wrong.

Whittaker was quiet but again did nothing wrong.

Davies looked decent and seems to look more suited to play with O'Grady than Hughes.

Smalley, Alessandra and Stephens looked decent when they came on.

All in all a pretty decent performance against a team that looked better than Derby did but will go down this season

Phillips needs to be signed. He did look a bit shaky at first at left back but did look good when he settled and to be fair he played left wing first half. I think he could def play there if needed.

At no point did Phillips look good at left back (IMO :grin: ). I have little doubt that he could do a very solid job for us on the left wing but I think that we'll still be looking for a LB should he sign. Heck, if Simon Corney doesn't think that Chris Taylor is a left back wait 'til he sees this guy.

This is just what we need. Competition for places! It is a cliche, but to get the most out of players at this level, you gotta have competition for places.

Who can you say is a 100% starter for Millwall?

Gregan (captain)

Allott (best player of last year)

That's about it. Even Eardley isn't 100% as Lomax is impressing everyone, and when Lee is back fit............. who knows.

Fantastic work from Shez and the guys at Boundary Park to recruit such strong players.

Only problem is left back as we all know. We have a competition on who least wants to play there at the minute.

Edited by BlueInAus

From a Latics point of view I thought we did well against a decent side last night (they certainly looked better than Derby last week) although they will undoubtedly struggle in the greedy league and will find goals hard to come by.

The biggest plus from both games though for me is Chris O'Grady this lad looks really strong, good in the air has pace and awareness for me he looks a starter in front of both Davies and Hughes at the moment, the Rotherham fans really were full of sour grapes at losing him as he must be as good as they've had on there books in a long while.

Phillips, I'm still not sure about, I wasn't massively impressed against Derby and last night, well he certainly isn't a left back but maybe he could do a job in league 1 on the left wing but he needs to stay there and try to take on his man down the outside. I suspect from last nights performance Shez will still be undecided.

Regardless of Phillips we do still need a left back, I quite like Lomax as a player but am not certain he is the answer at left back, but if Eardley goes he is a ready made replacement at right back.

Overall the two performances against higher league opposition were quite pleasing and plenty of positives can be taken from both games, the one thing I do think we will do this season is score goals we have some really exciting striking options with O'Grady, Davies, Hughes, Alessandra and Smalley.

Can't wait for the season to start now.