I do think it can only be to our advantage if we can find some of the spirit and togetherness displayed at the MEN on Saturday night, that sort of support week in week out coupled with the talent at our disposal will see us promoted.

I agree. We need more of the '109 faithful'

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way thats going to happen is if we get all the games to kick off at 7:30 as on sat at the MEN we had an extra 4.5 hours drinking time which always makes all the difference :drinking45::drinking45::drinking45::drinking45: .

the ground opens at 1:30pm thats 90 mins for a drinky poos in the stands so the atmosphere should be replicated.....however i doubt people will be there to get a drink at that time and more than likely roll up with 15 mins to spare.

Derek, you're a tool. It's fine to have an opinion about players, some i rate; others i don't; that's always going to be the case - but your constant, one sided anti Taylor posts have now gone from mildly annoying to down right pathetic - we get it, you don't rate Taylor. End of. I don't rate you, but i don't post every week about it! Give it a rest please.

rant over

Well said.

Whilst i'm all for constructive argument and criticisms if it is on here I suppose it is better than a muppet haranging their supposed 'heroes' every week. I do think it can only be to our advantage if we can find some of the spirit and togetherness displayed at the MEN on Saturday night, that sort of support week in week out coupled with the talent at our disposal will see us promoted. Whinging and moaning will only see to piss people off and conitnue the dark cloud of infighting we have experienced over the last few years. The biggest whingers I have personally experienced are in the main stand, the reason I've gone for a ST in the RRE. Although the moaners won't have it all their own way this year with the influx of Lookers refugees. If we seize on the buggers from the very first game we can get the atmosphere we want at BP. Zero tolerance, the whingeing sods will soon give up.

It will be very difficult to get to BP that oftern this year for me. Enjoyed my time in the lockers paddock, but still on occasions I had to listen to a load of tripe and suspect there will be a lot more this year in the RRE as more and more groups of differing 'style' of supporting the team will be gathered together.

I'm simply not going to pay £100+ for a home match to listen to moaners and the bloody drum .... so can't see me that oftern at BP. I hope to attend all aways (I'm actually miss three through prior commitments) as you simple only get the 109 full day package / atmosphere at aways.

I will be doing my usual antics to get the crowds going at aways, but it just doesn't work at BP. As much as the occasion was at the Masters there was still the Chaddy choir and Lookers clash with songs on many occasions.... never the twain will meet.

Wilson you comments on Taylor last year were commical to say the least .... well it gave us the ammo . Now its just boring mate.... the season as not even begun.

109 faithful ..... great name for our singing ultras /group ............... oh I can see a banner

Fishing season has begun in the Wilson household.

I can always tell. Taylor actually had a half-decent game last night. OK, he did his usual mincing about and :censored:ting out of tackles but he went on a couple of decent runs and inadvertantly deflected the ball of his, er, balls (or fanny if you're Wilson) for Lewi's goal. He's had far, far worse games than that.

And Beardy... RACIST! :grin:

I thought Taylor was decent first half (on the RIGHT!), seemed to fade out second half, but if he's got a football brain I'm Albert Einstein. He REALLY doesn't think. But he's still useful - and dangerous - if you just give him the ball and let him run...

I've agreed with you before Derek that Taylor is overrated, but he is far from bobbins...when Taylor plays well he is a massive threat, he can beat a man, he cuts in well and has a decent shot on him. He was very inconsistent last season but if he can find consistency he'll be a big player for us. If I had to pick his main flaws I'd say it's his positioning and anticipation, both need working on.

Meanwhile....

Speaking of constantly reminding people of one persons irrational hatred of a player - even though it was only a friendly...

I hear Andy Liddell was utter garbage yet again last night...

^_^

Indeed...and worrying signs again of last seasons trend...AND...the season before...etc....of ball to Eards...Lids comes to down towards him, receives ball then either plays it back to Eards just past the halfway line who then pumps it onto the wing where a striker has run onto...be it Davies, Lewis etc...or Lids just pumping it forward himself. Lids is no use if he's not in the RW position...maybe in fairness, Eards problematic passing at times is encouraging this and Lids isn't wholly to blame....but this is causing this striker on the wing scenario and it's no good.

I was going to save the above comments for when the season begins...in the hope that is not what will continue to happen (seems Lids is set to start at RW tho...amazingly...as that starting XI won't be far off.) But seeing as it's open season already...why not point out that nothing seems to have changed in practice in this respect. Only a few friendlies in so at present I'm not overly worried but it won't be long into the season should that sort of move continue...One thing I noted last night...we can have the best 22 players/the best squad in League One but it won't gaurantee us anything. They've got to be played in the right way...hope Shez can make that happen!

Fishing season has begun in the Wilson household.

I can always tell. Taylor actually had a half-decent game last night. OK, he did his usual mincing about and :censored:ting out of tackles but he went on a couple of decent runs and inadvertantly deflected the ball of his, er, balls (or fanny if you're Wilson) for Lewi's goal. He's had far, far worse games than that.

And Beardy... RACIST! :grin:

Me? Fish?

Never!

KtF,

Derek.

I'm sure Kyle will be along soon with his Shez Out :o

Thats just defamation of character that mark! How dare you!!! :shock:

For me to call for Sheridans head in pre-season is ludicrous just ludicrous lol

He has my full support at the start of EVERY season, after all I am that fickle lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

whoa whoa whoa....it wasnt just 109 making noise. We were all over the arena!

Of course, you'll always find one or two who consider themselves the nucleus of the faithful because they were there in the middle (In this case not even at a first team game) when the atmosphere reached fever pitch - Like you said Dave, there was support from all over the arena.

There was similarly faithful support in the Anglo Scots cup in the 70's when a small handful of us arrived at Hearts, or when a planeful landed at Genoa in the 90's, or those Tuesday nights away at Gillingham, Exeter and Colchester, or more importantly that wonderful night down at Southampton in 1989.

Brings back great memories, but I could never consider myself one of the special few - as I believe anyone who has ever got behind Latics is faithful enough for me - regardless of where you were sat.

Brings back great memories, but I could never consider myself one of the special few - as I believe anyone who has ever got behind Latics is faithful enough for me - regardless of where you were sat.

I was sat on a garden chair in Waltham Cross, and I'm a better fan than any of you :tongue1:

I agree. We need more of the '109 faithful'

Only 109 faithful. That's worse than Curzon Ashton. We really are in trouble. No wonder we're going to have to sell!!! The rest of us who have lacked the faith for over 30 years really need to get our fingers out.

Im' sure all this 109 thing is just tounge in cheek, well is to me!

Absolutely. It'd be a costly exercise to get a flag made after every good singsong - One thing about 'Tics fans is that even when outnumbered away from BP they'll always outsing the oppo.

Of course, you'll always find one or two who consider themselves the nucleus of the faithful because they were there in the middle (In this case not even at a first team game) when the atmosphere reached fever pitch - Like you said Dave, there was support from all over the arena.

There was similarly faithful support in the Anglo Scots cup in the 70's when a small handful of us arrived at Hearts, or when a planeful landed at Genoa in the 90's, or those Tuesday nights away at Gillingham, Exeter and Colchester, or more importantly that wonderful night down at Southampton in 1989.

Here, here! Best post on here for a long, long time! :applause1::applause1:

109 faithful ..... great name for our singing ultras /group ............... oh I can see a banner

Leave you to work on the banners then!! Make sure you sit on the far right (as you look at it) of the RRE big section. The sign at the back says 89-109 - must be fate!!!

Absolutely. It'd be a costly exercise to get a flag made after every good singsong - One thing about 'Tics fans is that even when outnumbered away from BP they'll always outsing the oppo.

Hell no ... I have it off to a fine art now. Got about 30 made for the Dale game :wink: