Promotion or Bust

It seems as though nobody gets it. If we don't get promoted then we are in big financial trouble e.g this is from the official website "We've been very cute in the transfer market and have negotiated hard to bring in the quality players we wanted without mortgaging the club."

It seems as though nobody gets it. If we don't get promoted then we are in big financial trouble e.g this is from the official website "We've been very cute in the transfer market and have negotiated hard to bring in the quality players we wanted without mortgaging the club."

Yes, you've definitely taken the hints they have been putting out to us. I must have been blind not to spot it.

Edited by leeslover

Really think this has to be the year we are promoted. For Shez it's vital we have a good season and I think top six and play-offs is an absolute minimum requirement from TTA.

If we fail this year then many players will be out of contract and the likes of Davies, Hughes,Smalley,Eardley will almost certainly leave the club.

It will then take another rebuilding job and if TTA still have the heart for it then I don't think they will back Shez again!!!

We and Shez all know this is a results based business and quite simply if we don't perform this year, coupled with the credit crunch and the income streams needed to keep challenging I fear the worst.

The TTA have really gone for it this year and feel that one way or another it's quite definitely s**t or bust!!!

Barring a decent LB, we have the squad to do it.

IF we don't suffer the injury crisis we had last year, IF we allow last year's youngsters to develop within the team as regular subs at least, IF we can have kept up with the likes of Leeds and Leicester by christmas, and IF Shez loses his stubborn streak.

We have missed two good opportunities to go up while this squad was being built - now the squad looks pretty much the finished article we find ourselves up against stronger opposition. We've got to hope Leicester struggle in their first season like most teams do, as I honestly think Leeds will be a cut above the bulk of this division.