match updates here

not much happening on that site , only me online :huh:

It's not the site Bob, it's the town. I lived and worked there between 79 and 82, had season tickets for both footy and rugby. Town at the end of a 28 mile cul de sac. There are villages around there with only 4 surnames in the phone book.

It's not the site Bob, it's the town. I lived and worked there between 79 and 82, had season tickets for both footy and rugby. Town at the end of a 28 mile cul de sac. There are villages around there with only 4 surnames in the phone book.

i know , i was there 30years ago also for a friendly , looked more like a ghost town too me :tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

Thought I’d keep you company Bob

thats you farmersarmslatic

Yes, after the pub I used to sup in up there. there was a good pub crawl 9(ou needed a driver) where you could do 6 pubs called the Farmers Arms within a 15 miles radius(excluding the sea) They were an unimaginative bunch.

x latics goali peter mcdonnell was once their manager

I can remember going to Barrow to watch a match..must have been late 60's/early 70's and I can still hear the sound of the bricks being thrown at the metal shuttering in the away end.. them natives were restless.

I can remember going to Barrow to watch a match..must have been late 60's/early 70's and I can still hear the sound of the bricks being thrown at the metal shuttering in the away end.. them natives were restless.

it was early 70's ,i went with the late jim kirton, those bricks are now the main stand wall

Bit disappointing to be losing, that could be the first team sone days in the coming months!Fleming, Kalala, Thompson, Stam, Whitaker, Lomax, Maher, Lee, Stephens, Liddell, Smalley, Alessandra, Bell, Black, Phillips

Shez out!!!! 15 plays 11 and we're still friggin' losing........booooooooooo!!!

Edited by oafcprozac

You can't write off a player like that for a performance in a friendly, especially when you haven't seen how the goals were scored.

We might have used 2 keepers tonight too.

Yes but I was expecting a clean sheet every game till Easter, I was!!!

Is it too early to say it was Thompsons fault? !