Maynard Signs For Brizzle City

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1355322,00.html

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...1355167,00.html

He was never going to stay, it was just a matter of who was prepared to meet Crewe's valuation.

£2.25 mil is good business for a player they've brought through the ranks, they should be able to bring in some quality with that....then again, they did pay 200k for Calvin Zola!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1355322,00.html

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...1355167,00.html

He was never going to stay, it was just a matter of who was prepared to meet Crewe's valuation.

£2.25 mil is good business for a player they've brought through the ranks, they should be able to bring in some quality with that....then again, they did pay 200k for Calvin Zola!

They wont though... not the crewe way... they'll spend a hundred grand or so, put some into youth development, and the rest will go to keeping the club afloat.

Does more benifit to the club as they attract better youth to the club throught he pulicity... how they survive...

They wont though... not the crewe way... they'll spend a hundred grand or so, put some into youth development, and the rest will go to keeping the club afloat.

Does more benifit to the club as they attract better youth to the club throught he pulicity... how they survive...

Is he worth £2.25 Million really???

I think Crewe can add on another £500K just because they are Crewe. Though we do seem to be following their lead at the moment.

Is he worth £2.25 Million really???

I think Crewe can add on another £500K just because they are Crewe. Though we do seem to be following their lead at the moment.

Good luck to 'em but it really is a bloody sickener that they also got £2M for Varney was it??? to Charlton last year and we usually get thruppence ha'penny or instead of haggling bite off the other teams hand for their first offer. OR we pay up contracts for players such as Killen (summat might've been better than nowt) If we do sell Eardley, a full international at 19 then surely we should be looking at a similar fee to that received for Bale or Ramsey. Lets have a good do for once instead of selling players on the cheap or getting shafted ala Makin, Serrant and Porter. (I reckon £3M worth of talent, yet circumstances conspired to leave us with a measly £500k)

And I agree that just because its Super Crewe with their imo souped up yoof system rep means they get 30/40% than a normal club would receive. But FFS £200k for Zola, even Del Boy would've struggled to flog that dead carthorse.

Edited by oafcprozac

OR we pay up contracts for players such as Killen (summat might've been better than nowt)

I think Hibs just took his contract over, we didn't pay him up. Maybe he might have started trying for half a season to try and attract a new club but maybe not, we did the right thing getting him off the wage bill IMO.

I think Hibs just took his contract over, we didn't pay him up. Maybe he might have started trying for half a season to try and attract a new club but maybe not, we did the right thing getting him off the wage bill IMO.

I also didnt realise Maynard is 21. Thought he was older than that. Seems to been around for years.