Over confidence?

A steady stream of new signings have been announced over the last few weeks and with it the expectations of the fans has intensified.

Most people, and rightly so, myself included, are expecting a BIG season from the team.

Can you imagine however, if we have the customary poor start, the level of abuse on here, and at Boundary Park will be higher than ever before!

Yes, we appear to have assembled ( on paper )a very good squad, which is without doubt the strongest since TTA took control of the club but I also think we have to be realistic.

A lot of clubs in this division have been improving their squads in readiness for the new season and as such, I think it will be much harder to gain promotion than in the previous few seasons.

As a club we've spent hardly anything on transfers whilst the likes of Huddersfield, Crewe, Bristol R, Colchester and even Stockport have been splashing the cash in a bid to make an impression in League One.

This sure ain't going to be a cake walk, so let's hope the fans get right behind the team and more importantly show a little bit of patience!!!

This sure ain't going to be a cake walk, so let's hope the fans get right behind the team and more importantly show a little bit of patience!!!

Well said! We should remember that Blackpool's best season came after a poor start, taking until October to get going, and then a fantastic run ending in a Play-off Final victory.

If we accept generally that the players brought in so far have been good acquisitions, then we need to get behind, and keep behind, Shez and the team on the pitch throughout the season. Not just sing when we're winning!

I agree, this club is become quite notorious (at home) for not getting behind the team when the chips are down. Despite all the moaning of last season we finished a respectable 8th despite all are injuries. Makes you wonder what we could do if we had transfer the masters support to BP.

Though if we do have a bad start this time, I will start to wonder which God we've pissed off!! :thumbsdown:

(Probably the God of good starts to the season!!)

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Makes you wonder what we could do if we had transfer the masters support to BP.

It showed that if you can get a large number of willing singers together in a block, then the other non-block fans will join in and the overall effect is awesome.

P.S. Notice I did not mention drum or acoustics. :peepwall:

It showed that if you can get a large number of willing singers pissed up punters together in a block, then the other non-block fans will join in and the overall effect is awesome.

Only solution. Real ale (and cider) sold in the ground.

It showed that if you can get a large number of willing singers together in a block, then the other non-block fans will join in and the overall effect is awesome.

I would mention that the MEN does have good accoustics though (not pulling anything away from us Latics fans including myself who were all well loud). Though as it has been designed for musical gigs you would expect that (though personally I prefer smaller places for gigs).

Also there were plenty of people who weren't in 109 that were singing along like crazed nutters (i couldn't get in 109 as it was full :bigcry:) and certainly didn't need a big block of people to do that

(:drinking:). Though the atmosphere was admittedly so much better having the 109 lot take over 109 in the manner which they did (and next time i'll remember not too bother with the members bar prior to the tournament starting).

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I would mention that the MEN does have good accoustics though (not pulling anything away from us Latics fans including myself who were all well loud). Though as it has been designed for musical gigs you would expect that (though personally I prefer smaller places for gigs).

Also there were plenty of people who weren't in 109 that were singing along like crazed nutters (i couldn't get in 109 as it was full :bigcry:) and certainly didn't need a big block of people to do that

(:drinking:). Though the atmosphere was admittedly so much better having the 109 lot take over 109 in the manner which they did (and next time i'll remember not too bother with the members bar prior to the tournament starting).

Or you could stagger to 109 to be told it's full and go in the next available door and walk across :wink:

Edited by jorvik_latic

A steady stream of new signings have been announced over the last few weeks and with it the expectations of the fans has intensified.

Most people, and rightly so, myself included, are expecting a BIG season from the team.

Can you imagine however, if we have the customary poor start, the level of abuse on here, and at Boundary Park will be higher than ever before!

Yes, we appear to have assembled ( on paper )a very good squad, which is without doubt the strongest since TTA took control of the club but I also think we have to be realistic.

A lot of clubs in this division have been improving their squads in readiness for the new season and as such, I think it will be much harder to gain promotion than in the previous few seasons.

As a club we've spent hardly anything on transfers whilst the likes of Huddersfield, Crewe, Bristol R, Colchester and even Stockport have been splashing the cash in a bid to make an impression in League One.

Very good post agree 100% If we have learn't anything from being in this division it is that its not easy at all to get out of this season will be no exception. As has been shown we have only won 1 promotion in the last 30 years they don't come around too often.

Only solution. Real ale (and cider) sold in the ground.

The pubs are open just as long before home games as they are for away games, when the support has been known to be "different class". Or, if a skinfull is so crucial, those who miss drinking on the way to games can drink at home before leaving for the pub.

P.S. Think I've just described an alcoholic. :shock:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I agree, if we start badly we could be in trouble. I do think that the league is the strongest for a few years too.

Last year.

Swansea, Forest, Doncaster

Replaced by

Colchester, Leicester and Scunthorpe

Last Year:

Port Vale, Gillingham, Bournemouth, Luton.

Replaced By:

Peterborough, MkDons, Stockport and Hereford.

Huddersfield and Brighton, have all invested in their squads and will be right up there too.

Or you could stagger to 109 to be told it's full and go in the next available door and walk across :wink:

We sat in the block next to 109 (could be 108 lol) and was going to move accross but ended up having some quality banter with fans of the apposing teams and so stayed where we were.

Very good post agree 100% If we have learn't anything from being in this division it is that its not easy at all to get out of this season will be no exception. As has been shown we have only won 1 promotion in the last 30 years they don't come around too often.

True, but we have had 2 in the last 34 years. That's a promotion every 17 years......meaning we're due one.

B)

The key reason for our failure last season was injuries and a smaller squad. We've now addressed this by growing the squad with experience as well as ability so arguably this is a huge positive going into the new season. Add to this our new physio who appears to have identified the root problems to our injuries then that's an added bonus.

Shez have confirmed that we have two people for every position (with exception of LB and LW I would suggest) who are more than capable to perform at our level so surely there must be a degree of confidence going into the new season?!

The catalyst to how we perform is motivating the team and delivering consistency - this can only come from the Manager and Coaches. So may times last season we struggled but didn't have the squad to replace key people for the next game so had to persevere hoping that they come good. This should change next season so we can react quickly rather than rely on underperformers.

Still nothing is guaranteed but I'm far more optimistic this season than I have been for the last three or four. Granted that other teams have strengthened and paid hefty fees but paying a fee doesn't guarantee that the player will be brilliant. I still think we can more than compete against these teams and return from the likes of Walker Stadium, Elland Road etc with points in the bag.

Paying fees is for losers. We’ve got a load of players who we got on a free who you would have to shell out big money for to get someone of their ability. We’ve got arguable the best centreback in the division, unarguably the best centre forward, and players like Eardley, Alessandra, Smalley, Taylor and others, it’s the way forward.

Paying fees is for losers. We've got a load of players who we got on a free who you would have to shell out big money for to get someone of their ability. We've got arguable the best centreback in the division, unarguably the best centre forward, and players like Eardley, Alessandra, Smalley, Taylor and others, it's the way forward.

When did we sign those two???

KtF,

Derek.

As a loyal fan, I hereby pledge to do my part for the cause and make an extra effort to get thoroughly larruped before each and every game I attend this season.

Go on then, we all have to make sacrifices for the cause - I'm with you on this one LL!!! :drinking45:

Have a day off LL, Wolfy's good but he's not that good.

What? He's the best centreback, it's just that Shez hasn't used him in his natural position yet. His recovery pace makes him the ideal partner for Gregan. Take it from me - did I ever mention that it was me who scouted Eardley for CM?

What? He's the best centreback, it's just that Shez hasn't used him in his natural position yet. His recovery pace makes him the ideal partner for Gregan. Take it from me - did I ever mention that it was me who scouted Eardley for CM?

Unfortunately his height and build let him down at this level with all the high balls. If he was in the Premiership I'd have no qualms about putting him at CB whatsoever. I think we've cracked it, Wolfy's problem is that he's too good for this level.

Perhaps that's why he's still at the club...Shez and TTA know what an asset he'll be once we've won our back-to-back promotions and refuse to lose him, or play him in defence and reveal the true level of his defensive ability.