Paint Pot Trophy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we give them the large section of the RRE?

Be daring. Close the Chaddy end and pack the RRE !!

Here's a case for some sensible ticket pricing:

£12 for adults; £10 for season ticket holders (including Morecambe ones); £5 for concessions; free for kids.

Issue a voucher at the turnstile for £40 off the price of a season ticket (as we'll have already played a couple of home games by then).

I suspect the Chaddy will be closed that night (except for the Family Area :wink: ) , but difficult to pack the RRE with a crowd of around 2,000.

I will be a bit peed of if this happens but will be probably going anyway.

Edited by spadam

I will be a bit peed of if this happens but will be probably going anyway.

Close eveything bar the RRE for me. Get costs as low as possible.

And lose the f'ing game (I feel OAFC0000000000000000000000000 and myself may be the only ones thinking this way). this game will lose us thousands.

Be daring. Close the Chaddy end and pack the RRE !!

Here's a case for some sensible ticket pricing:

£12 for adults; £10 for season ticket holders (including Morecambe ones); £5 for concessions; free for kids.

Issue a voucher at the turnstile for £40 off the price of a season ticket (as we'll have already played a couple of home games by then).

It's usually cheaper than that

I suspect the Chaddy will be closed that night (except for the Family Area :wink: ) , but difficult to pack the RRE with a crowd of around 2,000.

OS says likely to only open Main Stand and RRE. Decision later this week.

Admission £10 and £5 for over 65s. Under 16s FREE,

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1369576,00.html

We will probably win with Shez probably playing the reserves.

If we play the reserves we'll get firstly, a warning, and then fined.

I think it was Chesterfield that kept on doing that (I think they bunged in their youth team) and winning a few seasons back.

Even more money lost there then.

If we play the reserves we'll get firstly, a warning, and then fined.

I think it was Chesterfield that kept on doing that (I think they bunged in their youth team) and winning a few seasons back.

Even more money lost there then.

Is it possible to field a reserve side when you could easily argue, especially early in the season, that all the players picked played a lot of games last season?

Is it possible to field a reserve side when you could easily argue, especially early in the season, that all the players picked played a lot of games last season?

I think the ruling is that six or seven of your players must be in the top eleven (i.e. first team) number of appearances. It's something along those lines. So if that's the case, no.

I really couldn't care less about the Paint Pot myself. We've never done well in it, and any of its other incarnations either, be it the LDV, Full Members Cup, Zenith Data Systems cup* or the Bob's Gardening Equipment Shield.

I do accept the arguement for it, completely. Yes, nice trip to Wembley and all that, brings a bit of money into the club (only really in the final, mind) but on a personal level I fúcking hate every game leading up to it. It's just a personal thing of being sick of seeing us lose lamely to poor teams and seeing it serve as a distraction to the real thing which is the league. Which it certainly did do the ONLY time we had a credible run in it, losing horribly to Wrexham on our own patch.

Bastard Franchise Scum won it last season. It suits them, that.

* Yes, I know it's a different competition and all that.

Latics are in the Northern Section - West, together with:

Accrington

Crewe

Macclesfield

Morecambe

Port Vale

Stockport

Tranmore.

The draw is at 9.30 today on Soccer AM.

Have to say... how much easier is that that being in a group with Donny, Leeds etc... not that that really matters normally, as we will probably lose to morecambe...

I think the ruling is that six or seven of your players must be in the top eleven (i.e. first team) number of appearances. It's something along those lines. So if that's the case, no.

This rulle is a load of utter balls... so now, with our new super-squad, we cant give some of our squad players a run out..? So we would get fined for playing the following team... even agaianst morecambe?

----------Fleming-----------

Lee Thommo Stam Black

Smalley Stephens Maher OGrady

-------Wolfy ---- Davies ----

Wow... yeah, that is rubbish.... ok, maybe just a little fine for playing wolfy and Thommo :wink:

Have to say... how much easier is that that being in a group with Donny, Leeds etc... not that that really matters normally, as we will probably lose to morecambe...

This rulle is a load of utter balls... so now, with our new super-squad, we cant give some of our squad players a run out..? So we would get fined for playing the following team... even agaianst morecambe?

----------Fleming-----------

Lee Thommo Stam Black

Smalley Stephens Maher OGrady

-------Wolfy ---- Davies ----

Wow... yeah, that is rubbish.... ok, maybe just a little fine for playing wolfy and Thommo :wink:

I cannot believe you left out JP Kalalalala? Keeping him fresh for Saturday?

Agreed, the rule is crap. I dont see how the league can legally dictate what team you play for any competition, they dont pay the wages, the club does, so it's up to us who we play. The only rule they can enforce is that a team is required to field a full XI (Recalling when Boro were punished because they didnt want to play the reserves).

I'm not a fan of this competition, we've got 5 games in 14 days now, which will obviously have an affect on the fitness levels. Turd Ferguson and Winger would be going mad if they had to play this many games so early in the season.

That being said, if we were to go all the way, I wouldnt miss out a chance to fly over for the final.

Agreed, the rule is crap. I dont see how the league can legally dictate what team you play for any competition, they dont pay the wages, the club does, so it's up to us who we play.

The idea behind the rule is to make the product on the pitch more attractive to the paying customer. When reserve teams are fielded in the league Cup, fans complain. We don't like it because we think we have a 'super squad', so we're looking at it from a different perspective to those whose reserves are not thought to be very good.

Agreed, the rule is crap. I dont see how the league can legally dictate what team you play for any competition, they dont pay the wages, the club does, so it's up to us who we play. The only rule they can enforce is that a team is required to field a full XI (Recalling when Boro were punished because they didnt want to play the reserves).

I'm not a fan of this competition, we've got 5 games in 14 days now, which will obviously have an affect on the fitness levels. Turd Ferguson and Winger would be going mad if they had to play this many games so early in the season.

That being said, if we were to go all the way, I wouldnt miss out a chance to fly over for the final.

They play a lot more games than us with the champs league (though they get the money for it). At this stage of the season it will hopefully build fitness rather than burn people out.

I cannot believe you left out JP Kalalalala? Keeping him fresh for Saturday?

Who?

If Kalala isnt given a pay off before the close of the transfer window (unless someone is stupid enough to sign him) I will be utterly stunned....

Kalala ahead of stephens and Maher - even in the stiffs? I dont think so....

Who?

If Kalala isnt given a pay off before the close of the transfer window (unless someone is stupid enough to sign him) I will be utterly stunned....

Kalala ahead of stephens and Maher - even in the stiffs? I dont think so....

While I was only a fan of Kalala for 90 minutes (Goodison Park) the fact we are able to discuss a second string 11 that excludes him shows how much TTA and Shez have invested in Latics for this season.

Maybe the rates bill reduction from having one stand less has generated the money, maybe they have gambled on a £4m payment from Micah Richards, or maybe we're all doomed if this season isn't THE season.