'Follow, Follow'

"I was born under a Union Jack."

The mighty Gers will win the league, as this season, the authorities won't force them play 9 games in 20 days including 2 cup finals. Rangers might be a poor team, but on a level playing field are a far better side than celtc as last seasons trophy count showed.

Oh, terrible hard done to Rangers... yes, blame the nasty authorities, not the fact they radically overachieved with a very mediocre squad - which showed when it counted at the end of the season....

And the trophies....ooooh, fantastic, hope Rangers enjoy polishing their reserve cups when Celtic play the cream of europe.... like in this country, i'm sure Man You cry tears of blood for missing out on the league cup... boo hoo...

Rubbish... the best team wins the league every season, and Celtic were the best team last year, and will be again this year... especially when rangers have to make up the £6m+ (not to mention gate reciepts) they have missed out on by selling the few decent players they have...

Brilliant.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mighty Gers will win the league, as this season, the authorities won't force them play 9 games in 20 days including 2 cup finals. Rangers might be a poor team, but on a level playing field are a far better side than celtc as last seasons trophy count showed.

That was nothing compared to what Chasetown had to do when they had their cup run following playing us and were doing well in their league. You didnt hear them complaining. Rangers thought they were bigger than Scottish Football and got kindly told that neither they or no other club are.

If you'd won either the UEFA CUP or the League. Then no Rangers fan would have to keep churning out that same excuse that I guess Rangers will churn out year upon year. That said, in a one off game you were never going to beat Zenit playing that boring football that got you there.

Oh and level playing field slurms.............care to tell me what the old firm results were last season. I think you'll find it was level pegging. You had the league in your own hand and blew it twice at Celtic Park in April. It was the Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink 90th minute winner in the first of the two meetings at parkhead in april that did an untold amount of damage to your season.

It's what you deserved for beating Celtic in march and thinking the title was won. :lol:

WE'RE ONLY HERE FOR THE PARTY :lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I feel sick thinking of them horrible Celts

I'm not pro-protestant, I'm pro-British, that why I can't understand anyone British supporting them lot and support the mightly Rangers. Rule Britannia!

+1 send the gypsies back home in their caravans !!

Probably all true, Rangers deserved much and can indeed feel hard done by. They were robbed. I'm still grinning like the Cheshire Cat though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably all true, Rangers deserved much and can indeed feel hard done by. They were robbed. I'm still grinning like the Cheshire Cat though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ioVkARO7o

Dont watch if you dont like a few swears.

:lol:

Nearly as good as this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FrD14k4c1E :lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ioVkARO7o

Dont watch if you dont like a few swears.

Nearly as good as this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FrD14k4c1E :lol:

I respect Mr Murray for the Good Work he has put into sorting the team out. That man knows nothing - they were clearly set fair for another year of glory with a tactic of playing 8 big thugs in defence and booting it long to Fatty, why change?

I don`t get what sectarianism has to do with Rangers being knocked out of the champions league qualifier :sign0003:

Are you saying every Rangers fan is a sectarian bigot ? what just like every German is a nazi ? Last week against spurs the green and grey were singing pro IRA songs as they did at the Nou camp back in March and as they do at most games they play. If you going to gloat at least have the decency to be a little more informed about it eh ?

On a footballing note, they just weren`t good enough, poor signings and nothing learned from last season, not the end of the world (well nearly :( ) Just like Celtic bounced back from their 5-0 drubbing by Artmedia a few years back, I`m sure Rangers will survive and be ready for the challenges to come ;)

WATP.

P.S. And put it in the right section next time :tongue1::grin:

Bloody hell, i bugger off to church and all hell breaks loose!!!

Have you ever been to an 'Old Firm' derby, thought not!! It's like Belfast was during the troubles........pure religious hatred!!

Now if you'd like to debate religion, sectarianism or the troubles and the onset from day one to the end, then i'm your man!!

never ceases to amaze mw why so many support the anti-English hooped fenians when they have such close affiliations to republican terrorists in ireland ... ah well. Funny that the only teams who get on with them south of the border are those redshirts from the Irish capital (liverpool !) and the some of the redsox - any team that Roy 'break your legs' Keane wants to manage sums it all up really !!

come on ya blueeesss !!! (Latics and the mighty Gers !)

never ceases to amaze mw why so many support the anti-English hooped fenians when they have such close affiliations to republican terrorists in ireland ... ah well. Funny that the only teams who get on with them south of the border are those redshirts from the Irish capital (liverpool !) and the some of the redsox - any team that Roy 'break your legs' Keane wants to manage sums it all up really !!

Anti English?? Bloody hell pal. The whole of Scotland is anti english nevermind, Celtic. I was up their when they played Italy in that crunch game and it was probably the worst place to be for an englishman - an eyeopener and an amazing atmosphere but not the place you want to open your mouth and let them know you're from south of the border. Especially when the words to Braveheart got played and every scotsmen, woman and child was screaming the words with pure venom and passion - I was at the bar at the time and could just about raise a smirk with some scottish lad stood behind me urging me to join in and how we'd do the filthy iti's. That was before all the anti England chants as my dad and a couple of my cousins watched on in amusement. Only reason I didnt get jumped was I remembered to take off my england pin badge walking into the bar and kept my mouth shut apart from sayin "aye" or "ach no" to anything anyone asked me - apart from joining in one rendition of "we'll be coming down the road." but that's only because everyone in the place was singing it and i'd of stuck out like a sore thumb if I hadnt. Good job I had my fingers to point because there was no way I was asking for a pint surrounded by hundreds of the bleeders.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Fenians and terrorists :shock:

Bloody hell, i bugger off to church and all hell breaks loose!!!

Have you ever been to an 'Old Firm' derby, thought not!! It's like Belfast was during the troubles........pure religious hatred!!

Now if you'd like to debate religion, sectarianism or the troubles and the onset from day one to the end, then i'm your man!!

Been to quite a few Old firm games over the past 15 - 20 years pal, I know exactly what you mean, my point was why mention sectarianism ? it was about a game of football and Rangers got beat by the better team end of . I`m sure we both know all about the :censored:e that goes on and you will probably agree that it is not just a one way thing ?

Wasn`t after a long boring discussion that neither of us would wholeheartedly agree on, just why mention it in the first place ? :)

Anti English?? Bloody hell pal. The whole of Scotland is anti english nevermind, Celtic.

That always amuses me they way people think that Rangers fans love the English. Same as NI loyalists, they know they hate the other lot more and pretend to like England for that purpose.

But why so much about politics? Rangers got gubbed by a team of paperboys, let's just be glad!

That always amuses me they way people think that Rangers fans love the English. Same as NI loyalists, they know they hate the other lot more and pretend to like England for that purpose.

But why so much about politics? Rangers got gubbed by a team of paperboys, let's just be glad!

I support Celtic and am not anti-English.

Anti English?? Bloody hell pal. The whole of Scotland is anti english nevermind

I was in Edinburgh on the day of the Italy game like you pal and it was a bit scary being an Englishman...most of Scotland truly dislike us English. Except at Ibrox though...seriously Rocky, if you go to Ibrox you will see quite a few England shirts.

Follow Follow !

Oh and Leezy. Concentrating on the league?? Yeah, because Rangers really did want to just let that £10million+ cash windfall just go past them, didnt they. :grin:

Money isnt everything Rocky <_<:mmm: and it would be brill for Rangers to pip scummy Celts to the League and Cup treble whils they get knocked out of Europe to TNS

I support Celtic and am not anti-English.

Try bringing an England shirt or St Georges cross into Celtic Park and you will get lynched. This is certainly not the case at Ibrox - I should know, I've been in both England and Oldham colours and St Georges' Crosses, Saltires and the UJ fly in unison. Tragically, the only celebration that took place to celebrate 300 years since the first act of Union between England and Scotland took place last year before a Rangers home game with 50,000 flying union flags.

The one thing I give United credit for is at Roy Keane's testimonal when Celtic actually thought they were being serious with all the anti-English crap. They started singing some of their pro-IRA songs in the home end and after the match they got hammered. Rangers had the headline on their next fanzine issue of 'The Love Affair Is Over!' with a picture of Celtic getting a deserved kicking! :D

Ironic that Liverpool have good relations with eltic. Liverpool used to be (and still in small pockets) the most sectarian English city, but it was Everton who were more aligned with the Catholic population. Liverpool was actually quite a staunch protestant based club.

Religion and football had a strong relationship throughout parts of Britain for a long time. Hibs-Hearts, Dundee-Dundee Utd, Rangers-Celtic. United were obviously the big Catholic club in England. I think Villa were formed by methodists, or have I got that horribly wrong.

Thankfully, Glasgow is one of the few areas where it still has meaning. However, growing up in the 1970s it was expected to have a favourite Scottish team. Due to my background, I have always favoured Hibs, Celtic and Dundee United!!!! :wink:

Ironic that Liverpool have good relations with eltic. Liverpool used to be (and still in small pockets) the most sectarian English city, but it was Everton who were more aligned with the Catholic population. Liverpool was actually quite a staunch protestant based club.

Indeed, the biggest Orange Lodge in England is in Scouseland, indeed they hold their parade round Exile's way, although they are probably far too liberal to tempt him along :shock: MAnchester United were also the team on the bog-trotting side of the divide in Manchester, they considered going for something with Celtic in the name when they were changing it.

None of this detracts though from the fact that Rangers were stuffed by a team of eel-picklers though :lol:

Guest oa_exile
Indeed, the biggest Orange Lodge in England is in Scouseland, indeed they hold their parade round Exile's way, although they are probably far too liberal to tempt him along :shock: MAnchester United were also the team on the bog-trotting side of the divide in Manchester, they considered going for something with Celtic in the name when they were changing it.

None of this detracts though from the fact that Rangers were stuffed by a team of eel-picklers though :lol:

Indeed they have the march IN Southport town centre every year much to the annoyance of the locals.

>>Visiter Report<<

Orange Lodge members parade through Southport

Jul 18 2008 by Katie Grant, Southport Visiter

SATURDAY saw 1,500 Orange Lodge members parade through the streets of Southport as they were watched and cheered on by thousands of supporters.

The march, which happens on July 12 every year, celebrates the 1690 Battle of the Boyne and begins in Liverpool, before making its way to Southport’s Derby Road and through Southport town centre.

About 4,000 people watched the Protestant organisation’s march, of which Merseyside Police said “the main contingent passed without incident”.

A total of 27 arrests were made on Saturday, 19 of which were people who were drunk and disorderly and six for possession of controlled drugs.

British Transport officers enforced a booze ban on trains while barriers were erected from the entrance to Southport station through to the ticket gates, with MerseyTravel staff conducting checks of people’s tickets.

Paul Hayes, train station superviser on Saturday, said there were about six arrests at the station.

He said: “It went very well. We worked well with the police and it went much smoother than previous years.

“There was a custody suite brought down from London, which helped a lot, so we were well prepared.

“Most of the people coming through were in high spirits and the majority of arrests were for drunk and disorderly.”

Edited by oa_exile

The one thing I give United credit for is at Roy Keane's testimonal when Celtic actually thought they were being serious with all the anti-English crap. They started singing some of their pro-IRA songs in the home end and after the match they got hammered. Rangers had the headline on their next fanzine issue of 'The Love Affair Is Over!' with a picture of Celtic getting a deserved kicking! :D

Its a good thing Rangers came over and gave Manchester - Glasgow relations a boost!!!!!!

Guest oa_exile
Never ceases to amaze me this.

47 posts thus far?!

Who gives a shiny sheite about the Sweaties and their football?! :sleeping:

It's called pre-season boredom :) we have not lost a game yet so we cannot slag Shez , his tactics or single out a player for some extra attention yet.

Roll on Saturday and 16:50 :grin: , less the lost game of course :wink:

Edited by oa_exile

Alot of people showing their true colours on this topic, and as usual most people are talking the biggest load of balls.

Having lived through this sort of piss for the last 25yrs over here in Norn Ireland and then you come on an Oldham Athletic forum looking forward to the new season and there's all this talk about bloody Rangers and Celtic.

Alot of people showing their true colours on this topic, and as usual most people are talking the biggest load of balls.

Having lived through this sort of piss for the last 25yrs over here in Norn Ireland and then you come on an Oldham Athletic forum looking forward to the new season and there's all this talk about bloody Rangers and Celtic.

That's football, universal language full of opinion...............a bit like religious beliefs!!

What about yar!!