MinD Your Languagr!

The Club has announced its support for the Football League 'Enjoy the Match' campaign to curb abusive language and aggressive behaviour in an attempt to encourage more family attendance at matches. Alan Hardy has thrown his weight behind it, but I don't know if the Club is going the whole hog by throwing Gordon's weight behind it.

The stewards are going to be proactive and it will be interesting to see what happens to a lad who appeared in front of us in the Chaddy recently. He seemed to be suffering from Tourette Syndrome - he kept shouting expletives like "w****r", "b*****d" and "Tony Blackburn". He attracted a row of the kids whom the new campaign is designed to protect - they were encouraging him to shout out 'naughty words'.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...,,10337,00.html

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Club has announced its support for the Football League 'Enjoy the Match' campaign to curb abusive language and aggressive behaviour in an attempt to encourage more family attendance at matches. Alan Hardy has thrown his weight behind it, but I don't know if the Club is going the whole hog by throwing Gordon's weight behind it.

The stewards are going to be proactive and it will be interesting to see what happens to a lad who appeared in front of us in the Chaddy recently. He seemed to be suffering from Tourette Syndrome - he kept shouting expletives like "w****r", "b*****d" and "Tony Blackburn". He attracted a row of the kids whom the new campaign is designed to protect - they were encouraging him to shout out 'naughty words'.

This is, of course, a serious topic, but (sorry) I found the trailer hilarious. Is it me? Do I need to see someone??

And it's not just swearing either......... action should be taken against those people who thinks it's acceptable to sing "Die die Ricketts, Ricketts die" too.

Is Smalley get off your rubbish allowed?

I give the guy behind me 20 mins of Smalley being on .

Oh :censored: !! That's me and our kid well and truly :censored: then!

Football does things to normally polite, right minded individuals that is just beyond control or reason.

Every other :censored: word is a :censored: norty word where we sit!

Oh, and Wilson, you'll be :censored: as well mate. At the rate you :censored: swear you wont even be allowed to walk across the :censored: car park!! :naughty:

Is this going to end up like Father Ted?

Are they going to chuck people out of the ground for swearing? Isn't this what the Family Stand's in grounds are for?

Aye, 'tis what the family stand was for but the've knocked the :censored: thing down!!

Oh :censored: !! That's me and our kid well and truly :censored: then!

Football does things to normally polite, right minded individuals that is just beyond control or reason.

Every other :censored: word is a :censored: norty word where we sit!

Oh, and Wilson, you'll be :censored: as well mate. At the rate you :censored: swear you wont even be allowed to walk across the :censored: car park!! :naughty:

Yep, ordered my official Latics Gag, from Mr. Hardy as we speak, wonder if the team will sign it int Spindles today?

anyone know where I can get a contingency shipment of everlasting gobstoppers..................blue ones of course? :lipsrsealed2::lipsrsealed2::lipsrsealed2:

Guest oa_exile

Probably take a prawn and cucumber sandwich and a cup of tea on Saturday then.

I have better start practising my "Blummin eck" and "Oh deary me" lines.

First steward to start with me will get told to :censored: right off :tongue1:

I tell yer it's getting stupid with all these rules for this and rules for that <_< what happened to going a match and letting off a bit of steam :wacko:

WHAT A JOKE FOOTY IS NOW!!!!!

STOP SHOUTING THINGS AT ME!!!! GET REAL YOU GET PAID ENOUGH.....

mr referee they are shouting at me!!!!!

FAMILY STAND????????

I'm struggling to find any relevance here.

Or meaning, for that matter.

can see this causing alot of problems at football matches all over the coutry... imagine at dumps all round the grounds like milllwall hull and stoke "listen im going to have to throw you out you have swore to many times now" like anyone will go without a fight happening!!!!

all these different rules and stuff they are bringing into football will end up killing the game!!!!

ITS A MANS SPORT!!! DONT LIKE IT F OFF!!!

Edited by kellysheroes

How on earth is my favourite song going to be sung now???????

Im a person of ilegitimate upbringing

Im a person of ilegitimate upbringing

Im a person of ilegitimate upbringing yes I am

But I'd rather be a person of ilegitimate upbringing

Than a silly Yorkshire man

Not quite the same ring does it !!!!

There will only be three left in the crowd :grin:

Probably take a prawn and cucumber sandwich and a cup of tea on Saturday then.

I have better start practising my "Blummin eck" and "Oh deary me" lines.

First steward to start with me will get told to :censored: right off :tongue1:

I tell yer it's getting stupid with all these rules for this and rules for that <_< what happened to going a match and letting off a bit of steam :wacko:

This season's song sheet.........

The referee is a wally!

Wally, wally, wally!

Its nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here............Go away promptly!

Sheep, Sheep, Sheep fiddlers!

Who's the child born out of wedlock in the black

'til we play bloomin Rovers.

masturbating, masturbating, masturbating.......Wanderers

What the flippin heck was that? What the flippin heck was that?

You're not very good and you know you are

We're going up as jolly well Champions.......

He's here, he's there he's pretty much every where.............

Mark Allott whoa, he used to be not very bright, not he's alright...

Who ate all the pies..................you clinically obese person, you clinically obese person......

Feel free to add anymore

This I presume is designed to stop swearing in English but it doesn't say anything about another Language. I'm sure my Dad could swear at someone in Welsh (and be abusive for that matter) which could come in handy with Welsh players (both for us and the oppo). I could swear at JP in French a bit too (or any other French speaking player). Could probably manage other languages but its unlikely we will play against someone from elsewhere. The regular stewards at Oldham don't strike me as ones who are all that fluent in English nevermind another language.