MinD Your Languagr!

Flipin' check chaps. What's wrong. It's not like this is male emasculation driven by underlying commercial interests. That nice Lord Mulwhatshisface knows what he's doing. Look at the justice given to that terrible club Luton. It's all about the brand!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gillianfn
Nah.......more appropriate alternatives include; Ian Ironside, Phil Starbuck, Chris Porter, Chris Moorex, Mick Wadsworth etc...

Just spotted this - reminds me of when my brother started to take my son to Latics when he was 4 (he's 19 now) - he came home when he was about 7 ish and said "mum they were saying naughty words at the game" - I said "yes they do, but you're not allowed to say them yet" he said "shall I tell you what they said?" This went on for a number of minutes until he said "they said fck" I told him he wasn't to say it again, but then he said (with a really serious look) "no no mum, that's not all, they said H - E - L - L" (spelling out hell) So, don't say the H word but the F word is ok - I think that was the message he got!!!

I've never been offended by swearing at football (being guilty of doing it myself anyway!) The funniest moment was Torquay years ago when Danoafc was told he'd get himself thrown out for his bad language and he said "Really? Good, :censored: :censored: :censored:ity :censored:" Very funny - apologies for swearing.

This hasn't a chance in hell of being a success. Odd isn't it those that makes these crass rules ain't the one's who actually have to try enforce them. Lets see how many stewards minding the Millwall fans end up in Oldham Hospital this Saturday. Do these clowns not realise the very reason Football is so widely followed week in week out is because of the intensity it's followers emerge into. That very reason alone (in many cases) makes swearing an involuntary act. The football authorities always get it's targets wrong in tryin to clean up it's act, target those that are outwardly and openly aggresive to the opposition and supporters you set of banana's!!

...and another thing, doesn't it make you laugh that officials want to sanitise the game/fans yet moan about the flat atmosphere at many games. Well, get rid of the terraces altogether and then stop working people from expressing their passion in a time honoured fashion and what will you get???? Another example of the working man's game being taken away. Still, I suppose it's only right that we should follow the fine example set by players, coaches and managers who have learnt to voice their frustrations in ways that Shakepeare would be proud of...

The football authorities always get it's targets wrong in tryin to clean up it's act, target those that are outwardly and openly aggresive to the opposition and supporters you set of banana's!!

Although not in the thread's heaDing :grin: , I did say the campaign also covers aggressive behaviour.

This season's song sheet.........

The referee is a wally!

Wally, wally, wally!

Its nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here............Go away promptly!

Sheep, Sheep, Sheep fiddlers!

Who's the child born out of wedlock in the black

'til we play bloomin Rovers.

masturbating, masturbating, masturbating.......Wanderers

What the flippin heck was that? What the flippin heck was that?

You're not very good and you know you are

We're going up as jolly well Champions.......

He's here, he's there he's pretty much every where.............

Mark Allott whoa, he used to be not very bright, not he's alright...

Who ate all the pies..................you clinically obese person, you clinically obese person......

Feel free to add anymore

Tony Blackburn brillant!

:laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16: PMSL

I believe that children are our future

Teach them well and let Alan Hardy Lead the way

Show them all the beauty Dowie possesses inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us “SMALLEY GET OFF YOUR FLUFFIN ARSE” be

Everybody searching for a hero

but he f**ked off to Motherwell on a free

I never found anyone to fulfill my goal needs

A lonely place to be

So I learned to depend on Andy Ritchie (at the masters)

I decided long ago

Never to expect us to get promoted

If I swear if I spout filth

At least the kids will be in the family stand (“doh”)

No matter what they take from me

They can't take away my Gary mac D (f**kin hell I hate those bloody thieving sweaties)

Chorus:

Because the greatest love (“Davies you ****”)of all

Is (“Taylor you useless S**T”) happening to me

I found the greatest love of all

is wallowing in my misery at 3

The greatest love of all

Is easy to (“Gregan you hopeless TONY BLACKBURN lump”) achieve

Learning to love League 1

It is the greatest love of all

I remember them trying this a few years back and the first chant from the Chaddy was "swear if we want to we'll f****** swear if we want to" followed by a rendition of "f*** off Hardy, f*** off Hardy".

Clearly was a success :wink:

This was a badge produced by Latics for a previous unsuccessful anti-swearing campaign.

2738533332_cf98df3c46_m.jpg

Note: The badge is actually tangerine, but somehow my scanner has made it less colourful.

Although not in the thread's heaDing :grin: , I did say the campaign also covers aggressive behaviour.

Maybe so but I'll wager only those that are swearing from their seat and who appear harmless to others will be targeted! you know it, I know it the world knows it.

This was a badge produced by Latics for a previous unsuccessful anti-swearing campaign.

2738533332_cf98df3c46_m.jpg

Note: The badge is actually tangerine, but somehow my scanner has made it less colourful.

Yeah I remember those, handed out during my first season of 86/87. There was a large luminous sign at the front of the ochdale Road End if I remember correctly. Not sure how successful that anti-bad language campaign was as most of my industrial language and adult 'potty mouth' was picked up by standing in the middle of the Chaddy End with my owd fella. Of particularly interest was when I discovered just how quickly you can fit seven or eight swear words together, this was particularly apparent during a very windy day on plastic paradise against Birmingham, we'd just taken a late lead through a Tony Henry penalty when the wind saw to blow an inswinging corner into the net off Linighan's head, to secure Brum an unikely point!!! It was almost like machine-gun fire from the guys behind me...........very impressive example to a ten-year old. Not so sure my headmistress (a nun) thought so come monday morning! Happy Days!

Edited by oafcprozac

Guest oa_exile
Note: The badge is actually tangerine, but somehow my scanner has made it less colourful

What from Tangerine to Pink :unsure:

:mmm: What make of scanner have you got ? "Maybe" the club have the same one ? , scanned and sent the colour of the new away shirt to Carlotti ? :nnnng:

At the end of the video it says "Please respect your fellow supporters in family areas of the stadium" so it makes sense to me to make one stand Non-Swearing and the rest... Hang on, though, didn't one stand start as Non-smoking and then.... Oh.

F&*#^ ing hell, swearing's always been part of watching football. Next there'll be no chanting, no singing etc. It's a slippery slope, I tell ya.

Why's everyone thinking this is a new enforcement. There's been signs around BP telling people to "mind your language" for years. Only place they'll be able to enforce this properly is the Main Stand Paddock, like the used to with the Lookers Paddock.

Not that it f**kin stopped anyone, anyway.

At the end of the video it says "Please respect your fellow supporters in family areas of the stadium" so it makes sense to me to make one stand Non-Swearing and the rest... Hang on, though, didn't one stand start as Non-smoking and then.... Oh.

F&*#^ ing hell, swearing's always been part of watching football. Next there'll be no chanting, no singing etc. It's a slippery slope, I tell ya.

I was going to say whats wrong with designated family sections of the ground? My brother was threatened to of been kicked out of the Lookers one time when we played City for swearing at the City fans, to which my Dad went absaloutly ape at the Steward (and my Dads someone who hates it when we swear in front of him) basically my Dads point was "why do you always pick on the weak? there shouldnt even be people in our end in City shirts". It is true Stewards always pick on the weak like when Eyresey scored at Stockport and the only person that got arrested was a 13 year old lad