Shez' Best Team

It concerns me a little that i think Shez doesn't know his best starting 11 yet.

Its good that we have much more of a squad this season and people will be fighting for places but id rather have a solid team that is played every week.

Shez has come out and said that nobody's place is safe. Its even the case with our goal keeper.

What does everyone else think?

It concerns me a little that i think Shez doesn't know his best starting 11 yet.

Its good that we have much more of a squad this season and people will be fighting for places but id rather have a solid team that is played every week.

Shez has come out and said that nobody's place is safe. Its even the case with our goal keeper.

He will find it give it 2-3 games and you will see the same team. He has the core now. Crossley, Gregan Hazell Eardley Allot Davies.

The rest will fall into place Pete:D

Trouble is he has had the same inability to decide on his best XI for the previous two seasons too, 06/07 we started with Taylor on the bench and a packed midfield and no left back, before signing Simon Charlton and 5 or 6 games in dropping Rocky and Wood. Last season again left back signed at last minute, plays one system all pre-season, signs Kilkenny and it all goes to pot and we don't start playing until November. Worried we could see more of the same this season. I was confident a couple of weeks ago, but Shez's dithering over a LB could cost us a good start, as square pegs in round holes again is not the way to hit the ground running.

Trouble is he has had the same inability to decide on his best XI for the previous two seasons too, 06/07 we started with Taylor on the bench and a packed midfield and no left back, before signing Simon Charlton and 5 or 6 games in dropping Rocky and Wood. Last season again left back signed at last minute, plays one system all pre-season, signs Kilkenny and it all goes to pot and we don't start playing until November. Worried we could see more of the same this season. I was confident a couple of weeks ago, but Shez's dithering over a LB could cost us a good start, as square pegs in round holes again is not the way to hit the ground running.

Quite.

Let's be honest, any manager who makes numerous signings over the summer isn't going to know his best XI until at least a couple of games of competitive football. He may know 7, 8 or perhaps 9. Or should that be VII, VIII and IX?

The only real concern I have is the fact we're 3 days away from the first game and he hasn't got ANY new signing in who's an orthodox left winger and left back. I would have thought it would have been his FIRST thing to sort out, given problems in that area in the last season or two. Signing Delmar would be a coup but I'd like to see us have that flank nailed down for the season.

What I can't understand is Taylor at left-back. Just, why? No doubting him as a right-sided winger but a left back? I'd have Lomax, Black and Lee in there before him, every time.

And does anyone else think the midfield will (hopefully) be;

Philips Lee Allott Taylor ?

Edited by seasidelatic