Jarrett could have Preston Future

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/7523249.stm

Preston manager Alan Irvine has admitted that he has been impressed with Jason Jarrett's attitude and application during pre-season.

Jarrett, 28, has been out-of-favour at North End for almost two years.

Irvine told BBC Radio Lancashire: "He's done very well. He came back in very good condition and he's worked extremely hard in training.

"He's trying very hard to get himself a chance here. It's a huge year for him and he's got a chance."

The former Wigan midfielder last started a competitive match for Preston in the Carling Cup at Port Vale in August 2006 and since then has had loan spells with four different clubs - Hull, Leicester, QPR and Oldham.

He was transfer-listed by former manager Paul Simpson in May 2007 after spells away at Hull and Leicester.

"I said, and I meant it, at the end of the season that everyone would start afresh so he's got that opportunity and it's important from his point of view that he takes that opportunity.

"If he doesn't then clearly it will not be good for him as far as being here in concerned. But, if he does there is a chance here for him.

"I'm not looking to move Jason Jarrett out. Obviously we're Preston, and if anybody comes on making enquiries about any of our players then we have to consider their enquiry."