Rochdale pubs

Just driving thru Rochdale earlier I noticed that so many pubs have recently closed that it may affect our watering hole choices next week. The Cemetry on corner of Sandy Lane and Bury Rd has been closed for several days now following repeated vandalism - smashed windows and graffiti on walls and I'm told that people who own resturant above are taking it over but its still stut at mo and this would prob be a venue for many 'tics !. For those coming via Castleton the George and Dragon has been shut for a while now and the Church (a few 'tics did go there) is now boarded up. The Clog and Shawl on Roach Valley Way is now boarded up also altho Wagon and Horses next to it is open but its a real shed !. For those going by train the one on the corner closed a few years ago but in last few days the Citizen on corner by Drake St is now boarded up as well !. Looks like the Litten Tree, Flying Horse, regal Moon or Yatses in town centre are only options or else sharing a few bottles of strongbow and meths will the local pondlife in Broadfield park !!

Just driving thru Rochdale earlier I noticed that so many pubs have recently closed that it may affect our watering hole choices next week. The Cemetry on corner of Sandy Lane and Bury Rd has been closed for several days now following repeated vandalism - smashed windows and graffiti on walls and I'm told that people who own resturant above are taking it over but its still stut at mo and this would prob be a venue for many 'tics !. For those coming via Castleton the George and Dragon has been shut for a while now and the Church (a few 'tics did go there) is now boarded up. The Clog and Shawl on Roach Valley Way is now boarded up also altho Wagon and Horses next to it is open but its a real shed !. For those going by train the one on the corner closed a few years ago but in last few days the Citizen on corner by Drake St is now boarded up as well !. Looks like the Litten Tree, Flying Horse, regal Moon or Yatses in town centre are only options or else sharing a few bottles of strongbow and meths will the local pondlife in Broadfield park !!

Thay are often a bit touchy about people wearing football gear in The Regal Moon so this might rule that one out.............

Forget about Litten tree and Yates. I have had some "Information from an unknown sourse" that if you want to stay in one piece then stay clear of those two. The word has got around rochdale that Oldham fans will be meeting in those two, so trouble is brewing.

Obviously if your just after a scrap then please ignore that last comment and feel free to go to those pubs for an enjoyable pint and pre match entertainment.

Forget about Litten tree and Yates. I have had some "Information from an unknown sourse" that if you want to stay in one piece then stay clear of those two. The word has got around rochdale that Oldham fans will be meeting in those two, so trouble is brewing.

Obviously if your just after a scrap then please ignore that last comment and feel free to go to those pubs for an enjoyable pint and pre match entertainment.

Definitely forget about Yates. Last time I looked it was shut too!

i have heard crap said like that before and that is where me and my freinds are going i wont let some stupid little boys stop me from having a drink where i want and it shouldnt stop you. Dont forget their will be arond 3000 Oldham fans going i think they will be keeping there heads down.

You run that risk whenever you go out in Rochdale!

Im only passing on information that came from a friend who is in the know (another way of saying "in the police") and didnt want me getting into any trouble and missing the game.

Like i said, it just a warning, maybe it wont happen. Always better to be safe than sorry though.

Rochdale "Youth" as they are known are a bunch of little chavs who will hide behind their Mum's aprons when confronted by a sea of monkey sick yellow wearing Latics fans singing "Oh when the monkey sick yellow's go marching in" :grin:

If the "Rozzers" already know the plan then I'm sure there will be a large presence there which will probably make it the safest place to go!

Guest oa_exile

The way I would look at a reponse to Chaddy's post should be a "Thanks for the heads up".

You have three catergories :

1. So called "Fans" who will go to these pubs for a "I'll be avin a bit of that".

2. "Fans" who will go and know there "Might" be trouble and basically not get involved.

3. and "Fans" who will just keep away from these pubs.

For people who come under point 3 I would suggest that point 2 comes into play , see below :

If the "Rozzers" already know the plan then I'm sure there will be a large presence there which will probably make it the safest place to go!

Wayne. That's absolute cod.

Even if they did turn up to the Litten Tree where me, butter, r.o.a.m and one or two others have said they'll be going. They wouldnt actually do anything for various reasons.

1) The Litten Tree, Yates and Town Hall area are CCTV'd up to buggery due to it being the main nightlife spot and where most disorder occurs at weekends.

2) Rochdale Police Station is 50 yards away from both.

3) Rochdale Youth are Laughable. Most of them have ASBO's which ban them from the town centre in groups of more than 3.

4) I worked with one of them last season. He only went two games last season - Bury away and Wembley. He's a United fan. Lives up Littleborough. Only 17. Like most of his mates. Which means alot of them cant even get served in places like the Litten Tree.

5) They're all little gypo's off Spotland, Kirkholt and Belfield.

6) Three of them in the WMG early on two years ago when they sprung out of nowhere. They found out off my cousin that I was an Oldham fan, as I kept getting score updates and informing my uncle. They didnt like the fact I supported Oldham - First thing they asked my cousin at half time - "is he hard.".

They post video's up on the net, which says it all you need to know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBmgmOkXe4 - Bury away - so much that they wanted to have a fight they went in the pub next to the bus station called the Knowsley. The lad I know comes on about twenty seconds in with a pint in hand and arms out raised - he was telling me he had to buy alot of them drinks as they couldnt get served. There top youth lad comes on at 35 seconds - He went my old school, a few years younger. He got battered on the estate I grew up on a couple of years ago and ended up running home crying his heart out. Came back later still crying with his big brother saying his brother had been getting bullied and he was going to sort it out.

LAUGHABLE.

I could go on and on about what he (lad I worked with) used to tell me and why town will be as safe as houses. Most of which is laughable. Dale fans see them as an embarrassment.

I'd be more worried about walking through Falinge to and from the game than worrying about whether Rochdale Yoof have grown a beard big enough to make them look 18.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

We're starting our pub crawl at the Grey Mare all the way up Rochdale Road. If we see the game then great! Anyone care to take at a stab at how many pubs there are from there to Rochdale?

From hazy memory I think there are something like 8 or 9 from there up to the UnPleasant, and maybe 6 more into Rochdale?

From hazy memory I think there are something like 8 or 9 from there up to the UnPleasant, and maybe 6 more into Rochdale?

Grey Mare, White Hart, Carters, Railway, Not sure what the next two are called. Then it's the Junction on the corner. Bit of a walk up to the halfway house. Then you have to go further up next door to Launderette. There's a pub there. Not sure what it's called. Then there's the Summit. Big walk down to the Yew Tree. Luckily the next one is now an Italian (dog and partridge). There's about 3 on Oldham Road, including the Plough. Quite a few on Drake Street but think you'd of keeled over by that point. :lol::lol:

The Citizen. LOL. What a dive of a place. You may as well go in what was the Mucky Duck with all the old timers who've just cashed their giro's. The one next to the citizen is open and has a happy day monday to friday before 5pm. Not that i'd go in even with the offer.

The pubs on Roch Valley Way. Not been the same since someone got shot outside one of them and business for all the pubs round their died on there arse.

As for Broadfield Park. I dont think One Leg Bob would share his strongbow with you. He'd headbutt you first, rob you, go and buy some more and then maybe just maybe when you come around. He might give you a sip. Hate that park with a passion.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Even if they did turn up to the Litten Tree where me, butter, r.o.a.m and one or two others have said they'll be going. They wouldnt actually do anything for various reasons.

1) The Litten Tree, Yates and Town Hall area are CCTV'd up to buggery due to it being the main nightlife spot and where most disorder occurs at weekends.

3) Rochdale Youth are Laughable. Most of them have ASBO's which ban them from the town centre in groups of more than 3.

4) I worked with one of them last season. He only went two games last season - Bury away and Wembley. He's a United fan. Lives up Littleborough. Only 17. Like most of his mates. Which means alot of them cant even get served in places like the Litten Tree.

6) Three of them in the WMG early on two years ago when they sprung out of nowhere. They found out off my cousin that I was an Oldham fan, as I kept getting score updates and informing my uncle. They didnt like the fact I supported Oldham - First thing they asked my cousin at half time - "is he hard.".

They post video's up on the net, which says it all you need to know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBmgmOkXe4 - Bury away - so much that they wanted to have a fight they went in the pub next to the bus station called the Knowsley. The lad I know comes on about twenty seconds in with a pint in hand and arms out raised - he was telling me he had to buy alot of them drinks as they couldnt get served. There top youth lad comes on at 35 seconds - He went my old school, a few years younger. He got battered on the estate I grew up on a couple of years ago and ended up running home crying his heart out. Came back later still crying with his big brother saying his brother had been getting bullied and he was going to sort it out.

LAUGHABLE.

I could go on and on about what he (lad I worked with) used to tell me and why town will be as safe as houses. Most of which is laughable. Dale fans see them as an embarrassment.

I'd be more worried about walking through Falinge to and from the game than worrying about whether Rochdale Yoof have grown a beard big enough to make them look 18.

what time you planing on geting their we could meet up if you lile there is 8 of us and 8 more meeting when we get there.

LAUGHABLE.

Ha they couldn't get served in the Knowsley what a chuffing joke. Of all the pubs in the Bury it was one of the easiest to get served in when I was worried about that sort of thing (which is a while ago I'll admit) and I can't see it changing its attitude since then. I'm not saying there won't be trouble in and around Dale on Tuesday but its not like GMP don't know who the trouble makers are and won't take appropriate steps.

Grey Mare, White Hart, Carters, Railway, Not sure what the next two are called. Then it's the Junction on the corner. Bit of a walk up to the halfway house. Then you have to go further up next door to Launderette. There's a pub there. Not sure what it's called. Then there's the Summit. Big walk down to the Yew Tree. Luckily the next one is now an Italian (dog and partridge). There's about 3 on Oldham Road, including the Plough. Quite a few on Drake Street but think you'd of keeled over by that point. :lol::lol:

It's the UnPleasant before Summit, and no more than a 10 minute walk down to the Yew Tree. You probably just walk slowly to glory at being in Thornham :wink:

IIRC the Yew Tree shuts in the afternoons, I might set a stall up on the pavement to sell supplies to them and the DAle lads doing the sponsored walk.

Ill be going to the Litten before had ... if there is trouble ill just not get involved. But like said, i very much doubt there will be, what with the heavy police presence around ... plus half of Dales support are to young to get in so theyll just be stood around outside, Ribenias in hand.

Cheers for the heads up though Chaddy.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Im only passing on information that came from a friend who is in the know (another way of saying "in the police") and didnt want me getting into any trouble and missing the game.

Like i said, it just a warning, maybe it wont happen. Always better to be safe than sorry though.

"police intelligence"

my favourite oxymoron.

You may as well go in what was the Mucky Duck with all the old timers who've just cashed their giro's.

You mean what was Gullivers. I did a lot of my drinking training in there when it was a rockers pub. I ended up rolling out of there more than a few times when it was as close to the next morning as it was to the previous evening.

Guest oa_exile
To be honest though, you know me, i will go where everyone else fancies going.

Be careful how you quote things Wayne, LL will think he is on a promise :grin:

Edited by oa_exile